1st December 2018, 08:00 PM
mariyamfatima2017

A candidate having Biology in Intermediate is allowed to appear for JEE or not?

For, my Intermediate i.e., 12th I have Biology in my subject combination. Am I eligible to apply and write the JEE Main exam? Please, clear my doubt as I'm in utmost dilemma.

3rd December 2018, 06:53 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: A candidate having Biology in Intermediate is allowed to appear for JEE or not?

Those who have passed 10 + 2 with PCB are not allowed to appear in JEE Mains because as per the minimum eligibility criteria to appear in JEE Mains, the candidate must have completed 10 + 2 with PCM from recognised board with at least 60% marks.
3rd December 2018, 09:27 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: A candidate having Biology in Intermediate is allowed to appear for JEE or not?

As per the JEE eligibilty, in order to appear in JEE Exam the candidate must have completed 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as main subjects with at least 55% marks. As you have completed your 12th standard with PCB subjects hence you are not eligible to apply for engineering course.
3rd December 2018, 10:34 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATION. In order to appear in JEE examination, the candidate must have passed 12th class with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as the main subject from a recognized board.

The minimum age of applicants should be 17 years. As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to appear in JEE examination with Biology as the main subject in your 12th class.
3rd December 2018, 11:31 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

JEE is Joint Entrance Examination. It is conducted for admission in B.Tech/B.E or B.Arch course.

The eligibility to get admission in B.Tech or B.E is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCM from a recognised board.

For admission in B.Arch course, the required qualification is that candidate must have mathematics as main paper in 12th board examination.

So, candidates without the above qualification are not eligible to appear for JEE.
5th December 2018, 08:45 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

JEE refers to Joint Entrance Examination and it is a national level engineering entrance examination held for offering admission in undergraduate technical degree course across various CFTIs such as IIT, NIT, IIIT, etc. other private engineering colleges. The examination is conducted in two stages which includes JEE Main followed by JEE Advanced.

Further, the minimum education required for appearing in JEE Main is a Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects from a recognized board of education.

So, having opted for Biology in your Class 12th, you are not eligible for appearing in JEE if your subject combination does not include all three of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics too.

For more details regarding JEE, you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?