26th April 2012, 10:54 AM
Unregistered

What will the career scope of Biotechnology course? Can a candidate who have studied Physics, Biology, Chemistry, English and Informatics in Intermediate opt for this course?

I have given exam of 12 this year. I am confused for my further studies . I just wanted to know what is the scope of biotech in india, especially in a state like manipur? And also i want know that, a student who have taken physics, biology, chemistry, english and informatics practices can study biotech after 12?

Related Questions:
  1. Information about the Biotechnology course without Maths after passing 12th with Chemistry, Physics, Biology, English and Informatics Practices? List of the institutes?
  2. What will be my career after choosing Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Biotechnology and English?
  3. How to do BSc Honors in Punjab University after scoring 72.2%? Procedure for the same?
  4. Eligibility criteria for medical CET?
  5. Am I eligible for UP CPMT exam after scoring 75%, 58%,63% and 48% in Biology,Chemistry and English and Physics respectively?
  6. EAMCET eligibilty for MBBS if I didn't have biology in 12th?
  7. Which course should I opt for M.Sc among Biotechnology, Biochemistry and Nanotechnology pursuing B.Sc in Biotechnology? Career scope of Nanotechnology course?
  8. What types of questions are there for Pharm D entrance exam?
  9. Can I make a career in Physics field without having Mathematics in 12th class? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Which one is better between BPT and B.Pharm?
  11. What is the cutoff for student of ST category for MBBS medical and private college?
  12. How can I avail 15% outsider reserved seat in MHT-CET for MBBS(Uttarakhand)? How can I apply for the same?
  13. Career option except medical after intermediate having subjects of Biology, Physics and chemistry? -- [New]
  14. Scope of taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology after 12th? Which other career course can be taken?
  15. What is the MBBS entrance age limit?
  16. Should i opt for B.Tech (Biotechnology) if i have interest in Biology but studied maths in 12th standard?
  17. Procedure, eligibility criteria and fee structure?
  18. What is the eligibility criteria for UPCPMT for other state natives?
16th May 2012, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What will the career scope of Biotechnology course? Can a candidate who have studied Physics, Biology, Chemistry, English and Informatics in Intermediate opt for this course?

i am ankit please give me guidence in biotecnology fields&jobs 7568871248
17th May 2012, 11:11 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What will the career scope of Biotechnology course? Can a candidate who have studied Physics, Biology, Chemistry, English and Informatics in Intermediate opt for this course?

Yes. You are eligible to join Biotechnology course as you have completed your 12th class with Biology as one of the subject.

Along with Biotechnology, you may opt for any of the following subjects in Graduation under B.Sc course
-Biochemistry
-Microbiology
-Genetics
-Bioinformatics
-Botany
-Zoology
-Genetic Engineering etc.

As per the career scope in the field of Biotechnology, as of now, there are less number of openings in the field of Biotechnology for the candidates who have completed Graduation or Post Graduation in Biotechnology.

I have seen many of the candidates who have completed Post Graduation in Biotechnology and still searching for jobs for more than 1 year.

Only 10% of the candidates who have completed Graduation course or Post Graduation course in Biotechnology are settling in good jobs with good salaries.

Many of the candidates are working in Labs with small salaries.

If the candidates go to research work, then they are going to have prospective career.

It is well developed in Abroad and more opportunities were there in abroad.

But, in the upcoming days, Biotechnology is going to be developed in India.

There are the candidates who have completed Graduation course in biotechnology at Graduation level and shifting to MBA course at Post Graduation level.

Some other candidates are going for technical related courses like SAP to get jobs in IT sector.

This is what the scenario going on in the field of Biotechnology.
21st May 2012, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

which companies or firms take biotech students in campussing ?
what is the expected salary offered?
16th June 2012, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE TAKEN PCM IN CLASS 12th .SHOULD I WILL STUDY BIOTECHNOLOGY?
25th July 2012, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

i have pcmb with english .and i am preparing for medical this year .as i am a drooper. can i take biotec next year? and from which college.
12th August 2012, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

what is the scope of bio.tech in private & goverment sector in india ?
1st October 2012, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

i want to know what should i do with bio as main sub for better opportunities
15th December 2012, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

i have opted for pcm in 12th std..can i pursue biotech??
3rd February 2013, 01:07 AM
Unregistered

what r d post graduate courses after biotech enginnering..........???
16th August 2013, 11:24 AM
Unregistered

i have passed 12th with 48%(bio.sc)so what must i do further?
13th December 2014, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

what is % required for clearing Biotechnology course after 12?what are the jobs and salary related to this carrer?
8th June 2015, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

I have completed graduation from the course of bsc biotechnology. Will I study mca???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?