avinashbuliya

Career options after BCA? Job or MCA?

i have completed my BCA

what should I do

Job or MCA
or anything

2nd February 2011, 07:46 AM
bikenindia

Default Re: Career options after BCA? Job or MCA?

Hello Avinashbuliya,

Its really nice to know that you have completed your BCA.
Now you can go for job also. But you will have low pay scale and scope is less.
So, my advice is go for MCA first before going for job. Pursue your MCA in renowned college and you will have more scope in your career with a good pay scale.
Or you can even go for MBA in which you will have more job opportuninties.
So, dear friend, Decide well.
Take a good decision.

All the best.
2nd February 2011, 08:10 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Career options after BCA? Job or MCA?

Hi

Doing MCA is the right option for you. But if you are interested in doing jobs then it would be better to do MCA in correspondence.

As there are lots of job opportunities available for the students holding Master degree in comparison to students holding Bachelor degree.Lots of software companies are available in India in which you can get sure job after the completion of your MCA course.There are lots of jobs in Govt. sector also in which you can apply after MCA. So its a good choice to do MCA course.

The list of some good companies in which you can apply after your MCA are given below. These are the best companies and recruit many students related to computer field every year.
Patni Computer Systems (P) Ltd
Polaris Software Lab Ltd
B-commerce Infosystems Pvt Ltd
Cerulean Information Tech. Pvt Ltd
CMC Ltd
CMS Computers
HCL Corporation Ltd
Satyam Computer Services Ltd
Tata Consultancy Services
Tata Infotech Ltd
Wipro Ltd
So go for the MCA course for the betterment of your future. So go ahead for the MCA course and get highly reputed jobs in various top companies of India.
2nd February 2011, 08:18 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

BCA Is a Very Good Course In Computer Field, And After Completing This Course I will Suggest You Just Go with MCA. Because After BCA, You Can Not Find Good Jobs, And This Age You Can Complete Your Master Degree. So Try to Focus On MCA, After Completing Your MCA You will Get Good Jobs in IT Companies Like WIPRO, HP, HCL, DELL And Manny More, These Companies Recruits The MCA Candidates With Good Salary Pacakge.

So, If You Are Interested In Furthur Study Then MCA Is The Best Option Otherwise You Can Do Job Also, But Make Sure That You will Not find Good Job After BCA, You Have to Face Lots of Difficulties. So, Its Better If You can Go With MCA To get Good Jobs In IT Companies Otherwise Its Totally Your Interest And Choice.
2nd February 2011, 08:41 AM
Nishant266211

Better you should go for MCA not for job because you have done BCA and after MCA you will get more better job.
2nd February 2011, 08:46 AM
rks_estate

Dear Friend,

According to my opinion you can do job after BCA and join correspondance course in any institute for MCA.

Some Institute are as follows: -

1. IGNOU

2. Sikkim Manipal University

3. Lovely University

4. Punjab University .........etc.

Good Luck
2nd February 2011, 09:08 AM
daxter

Hello,

If you wish to become a Software Developer or web-designer or wants to take up a career in Systems Management, then BCA is the best course to get an early start.
If the technical field interests you more, then MCA is a better choice, particularly if you would like to have a career in software development or databases etc.
However if you are interested in pursuing management as a career, then an MBA in IT or HR or Operations might be good to evaluate.
If you are keen to work in IT, you will need to back up your CV with a MCA and/or some relevant certifications like MCSE and CCNA for Networking or a DST for Testing. It may be a good idea to do a course in a couple of development platforms like Java, J2EE, C++, Dot Net or Mainframes and then apply to software companies. You could go in for a course in Web Development and E-commerce technologies. Normally this course is of not more than one to one and half year duration and should cover technologies like ASP.Net, VB.Net, C#, C++, XML, SQL Server, E-commerce concepts, Java and JavaScript.

So you can go for this choices anyway best of luck for your future
2nd February 2011, 09:24 AM
sandipk
Senior Member+

dear friend,
you should not borther about the job now.after compliting BCA , it is not enough qualification to hget a satisfactory job . thats why you go for MCA then you get a good job in IT sector with very good package.

good louck....
2nd February 2011, 09:41 AM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

after BCA people normally dont get good jobs or those kind of jobs they are dreaming of.
so first go for MCA, after MCA you will definitely get a very good job.
but somehow if you get a job after BCA which id very good, then do jobs and at the same time study MCA in correspondence.
you will have a work experience + you will be an MCA too by that time.
2nd February 2011, 11:13 AM
xavi

freind,

BCA may be a good Course in IT field. But After BCA, You may not find a good Jobs.
so its best for u if u go for Master Degree. So focus On MCA, after Completing your BCA. Good Jobs in IT Companies Like
-WIPRO,
-HP
-HCL,
-DELL,
And many more awaits you..... These Companies Recruits The MCA candidates with a Good Salary Pacakge.

So, for Furthur Study and a better career , MCA Is The Best Option Otherwise .

all the best........
2nd February 2011, 11:26 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

after BCA you will go for job or higher study you have to decide it own according to your interest. but higher study is always preferable if you get a good opportunity to take admission in a good institution.

after BCA you will get good job in so many IT industry like TCS, Infosys etc if you can fulfill their eligibility criterion.

but after higher study like MCA or MBA you will get more job opportunity with more pay scale. also after your master degree you will be able to join in any institution as lecturer. after Master degree it will be very much easy for you to get good job.

best wishes.
2nd February 2011, 11:27 AM
pawank

hi,
BCA is a good course in computer and technical field. you just passed BCA so i will suggest you go with MCA. Because it is very and most usefull course for BCA student.
after complete your MCA you find good job in big company like as:-TCS,INFOSYS,DELL,IBM
etc.
But you go in big servise so you preparcion of I.P.S.,I.A.S.,I.F.S.,C.D.S.,etc..
2nd February 2011, 11:39 AM
diego
Banned

well buddy, BCA is a good professional course, but you wont get much salary or career prospect... for a good career and job invariably you need to have a masters degree,
In addition a masters degree opens the gates to many more career prospects like Teaching etc. Then you can also go for p.hd. for a high flying career in Education, you will also get good consultancies and good income.
So i would suggest go for MCA..if earning money is not a priority.. further if you have any interest you an also go for MBA
Mba cources with computer aided management are available which will make good use of your computer skills.
for Ex. PGDCM IIMC...
and do i need say more about MBA salaries.
Yes but all these things would mean much more if done from a good college.
If you so decide for MCA:you have following options
IITJAM,
NIMCET
DU MCA
JNU MCA
Pune UNIv. MCA.
IGNOU.
2nd February 2011, 12:01 PM
tania19

dear friend
after BCA you will go for job or higher study you have to decide it own according to your interest. but higher study is always preferable if you get a good opportunity to take admission in a good institution.

after BCA you will get good job in so many IT industry like TCS, Infosys etc if you can fulfill their eligibility criterion.

but after higher study like MCA or MBA you will get more job opportunity with more pay scale. also after your master degree you will be able to join in any institution as lecturer. after Master degree it will be very much easy for you to get good job. thank you
2nd February 2011, 12:56 PM
manmohan.jha

After BCA you should go for MCA from one of the good institutes.
Because After Bca you would not have much opportunities than after completing MCA.
I will again stress that try to do MCA from some prestigious college like JNU,IIT, Jadavpur University, BHU and other good college, because it values most to your career.
But you have any problem to do MCA or higher studies which i seem is not , then choice is yours.
2nd February 2011, 01:05 PM
rahuljibhat

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinashbuliya View Post
i have completed my BCA

what should I do

Job or MCA
or anything
depends if you are technically strong then go for MCA. Oterwise prefer MBA. IT will be good. ytou can persue mba by giving CAT XAT CET etc. but job is no option
2nd February 2011, 02:07 PM
devendra bhatiya

ther are lot of options after bca but it's depend in your interest .if u like softare line u ca go for mca and if u like networking line u can go for ccna and so one so my dear it's tataly depend in your interest
2nd February 2011, 02:26 PM
RAMAVATAR

after completion the BCA you can go for job in top MNCs or you can go for MCA
it is depend your interest.
but after completion BCA i suggest that you go for MCA. when the study is leave and go for job then cannot interest for MCA. it is losable for your carrier.
2nd February 2011, 04:46 PM
ekalabyamohanta

What u need job or study?If u have not any prblm(money) to get MCA than i request u to get it as soon as possible..if u have this prblm..then u can try for job..but after doing job not forget to get MCA..because it will help u in the future to get good job.
2nd February 2011, 04:53 PM
shiraj
Senior Member+

Hello,

I think is better you go for your higher studies.There is no good thing than studying.If you are really interested in studying than you can go for it but if you are not interested and you get a good job than you can go for it.Go with you heart.

Best of luck
2nd February 2011, 05:17 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

You must be well aware of todays market competition and so you must also be knowing that a graduate degree is no more considered enough to get a good job.
So it is always better to go for a post graduation course.
Im not saying that BCA is not good, infact, it is an excellent course and is related to the IT and computer field which has a great demand, and hence many opportunities. But again there are many who become graduate in this course every year, so only a graduation degree is not good enough.
I suggest that you go for MCA, which will give you more knowledge and enhance your prospects of a good job and handsome salary.
On the other hand, you may also do a job for a year or two and then do MCA.
Alternatively, you can do part time MCA along with a job.
In this way, you can earn as well as learn.
2nd February 2011, 05:21 PM
aryabhatta

i would suggest you to go for more study because job can be possible

afterward but if you leave your study now then you loose a chance to grow.

so just grow yourself then you will get a good job
2nd February 2011, 07:12 PM
mohit brh

i want to suggest you that you should go for master degree MCA because after completing MCA you will get better job in many software field. and also more package.
list if top MCA colleges

University of Delhi
Banaras Hindu University, Varnasi
North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad
Indian Institute of Technology – IIT Roorkee
Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar (Punjab)
Cochin University of Science and Technology
H.P University Shimla
Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology
PSG College of Technology
NIT – National Institute of Technology Warangal
MCA University of Rajasthan
Nagpur University
Anna University
MCA – Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Pune
2nd February 2011, 08:22 PM
shubham957

Cool Re: Career options after BCA? Job or MCA?

Quote:
i have completed my BCA

what should I do

Job or MCA
or anything
in today's world, doing only BCA is not sufficient to get a good job. you will have to study further if you want to earn a good in come. all the multinational companies like hcl, infosys, tech mahindra etc are recruiting NCA students at a very good salary. so you must think of studying further.
3rd February 2011, 10:32 AM
simran kaur20389

Hi,
same i would like to suuggest, graduation is not enough to get desirable job, so move to do masters and then job, because if ones you started doing job, you can not concentrate on the studies...

All the best
3rd February 2011, 11:52 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
i have completed my BCA

what should I do

Job or MCA
or anything
i suggest u to do mca.
for better qualification for better job.
and better salary.
bca is not very sufficient for any individual to get a good job
8th February 2011, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

i am not able to spent more mony to achieve a mca degree from good university and today gives importance on popular univercity so what i do?

bca 6 semester student bpsingh
11th February 2011, 12:16 PM
ashy_nice

please go to join MCA.
because come company hire candidate who have degree like MCA,BE.
but not BCA. so in this case i can not get job in such company.
So it is better to join MCA.
2nd March 2011, 05:05 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
i have completed my BCA

what should I do

Job or MCA
or anything

Avinash, BCA is of no mportance today. Getting admission in BCA course is too easy but job availability is less for only BCA pass out. The best option after BCA is to get admission in MCA course.
MCA degree is equivalent to BE from computer science. After completing MCA course you will get a good job in a big IT company.
13th March 2011, 10:57 PM
wagle
Senior Member+

hello
u should go to MCA. because at this time of market the master degree is very compulsery.
you also get job with bca but after mca you get very high priority job.

and last decesion depend upon you,
gd luck
13th March 2011, 11:55 PM
Aman Sapra

I don't think you will get a decent job after completing BCA,So you should go for your MCA first and then apply for a job.
And you will get a nice job after MCA.

Best Of Luck...
14th March 2011, 12:06 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

you see, if you are having a job in your hand then you must go ahead with your jobs.

side by side of your work you can do correspondence courses.

other wise you must do MCA.

all the best.......

all the best........
14th March 2011, 10:22 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Career options after BCA? Job or MCA?

I will suggest you to go for higher courses like -MCA(Master in Computer Application) because BCA degree provides low-salried jobs.

BCA(Bachelor in Computer Application ) is a good course for students having interest in the field of computers and there is no any doubt about the jobs availability after this course. You will definitely get a job .
But today there is a trend of higher degree . I mean to say that people or companies appoint people having better degree so in this the BCA students find it little difficult to get a job which provides them good salary.
Today the trend needs better qualification alongwith knowledge so MCA that is master degree would be benificial as it will provide you a lot of job with good salary as well .
You need good knowledge alongwith your master degree so, just don't focus on getting the degree.

You can go for job if you are financially weak otherwise go for mca degree.

YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON TO GIVE THE ANSWER OF THIS QUESTION BUT AGAIN I WILL SUGGEST YOU TO GO FOR MCA.
14th March 2011, 10:54 AM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hiii Dear,

According to my opinion you can do JOB after BCA and join correspondence course for MCA.

Due to this process you can earn money and your study will also continue.

So think about it and take any decision.

Good Luck
14th March 2011, 10:54 AM
Current g.k

I think you should go for C.Deck. it's better way for you.
14th March 2011, 01:43 PM
cricket007
Banned

Getting admission for BCA course is too easy, but the job availability is too less for only BCA pass out. BCA degree is of no importance today. The best option after BCA is to get admission in MCA course. MCA course can be applied by other people also like B.Sc. Pass out.

Job opportunity in call center for BCA pass out is higher, but in call center 10+2 pass out can also apply for the same post.

There is no way any IT company will going to higher BCA pass out (with no other qualification) .

So if BCA pass out is interested in IT or software field, they have to have join MCA course in reputed university. MCA degree is equivalent to B.E from computer science from hiring point of view for most of IT companies.

other wise they can prepare for MBA or UPSC.

best of luck.......................
14th March 2011, 07:16 PM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

BCA is a very good course which relates you to computer field.

You should definetely go for MCA after it.

MCA will add weightage to your education.

It will not be right to go for job just after BCA as you will not get good package & post after doing just BCA.

Also you will find it tough to get promotion.

So it will be not right to go for job after completing your graduation.

But in case you have some financial or family problem then case is different.

Also you can try for P.G Diploma courses or some certificate course after BCA.
14th March 2011, 08:10 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Career options after BCA? Job or MCA?

dear friend it is totally depend on you if you are interested then go for mca.

because mca is a good for job.........and see your family background is also if your family background is good then do mca...........
14th March 2011, 09:48 PM
mayank shekhar singh

Quote:
i have completed my BCA

what should I do

Job or MCA
or anything
You should do MCA after mca you will get a good job and lot of option .

You have a lot of option for job in big mncs .

And you have option to be a professor in engg. collage.
14th March 2011, 11:10 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Career options after BCA? Job or MCA?

Hi friend. As i am also BCA student i can suggest you some options which can be done based on situations.

1. If you are doing your bca in nice college which have more oppurtunities of sending you to a job through campus interviews you can join the job and then do your mca in distant education.

2. If you don't have the above told oppurtunity again there are two conditions i can suggest you.
a. if money is not a problem for you persue your mca in a nice college.
b. if you cannot do so you can join in any call centers work for two years and then join in mca.
NOTE: in anyways doing mca is must. The way depends on your situation.
ALL THE BEST
16th March 2011, 12:25 AM
arvind_singh
Banned

well it will be better if you go for higher education because then there are more chances
of development .MCA is very good course it will help you to get very good job then what
BCA course will provide you .

but if you thinks that you are very good in programming then you can do MS from wipro
through WASE course .it is very good course .this course will provide you MS degree from
BITS college and you can also work in live project of wipro .

this is very good course as it provides you to some experience and also MS degree .

you can also go for MBA if you thinks that you want to work in management sector .
for that you have to clear CAT OR MAT EXAM .if you able to crack these exams then you
can get into very good college.
17th March 2011, 07:30 PM
Abhinav1990

Quote:
i have completed my BCA

what should I do

Job or MCA
or anything
well i job after bca is good if u have good technical knowledge but witot this its not good at all so better try 4 mca istead of going 4 job....
27th March 2011, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

i have completed my BCA
what should i do further MCA OR MBA??
i have a great interest in MBA so is there any scope after BCA...
[email protected]
12th April 2011, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

I have done BCA with 78% in 2010.but in 12th i hav 48% and in 10th i hav 76%.
shall i get a job after C-DAC or MCA or only after BCA?
16th April 2011, 12:27 AM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

I think you should go for MCA..if you do job after BCA then your salary is not much good but if you do job after MCA then you get good job and good money.
26th April 2011, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

dear friends,
after completed BCA course MCA is the best method and also you get good salary so get the admission for MCA full time pg course,
4th May 2011, 02:29 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

Doing MCA is the right option for you. But if you are interested in doing jobs then it would be better to do MCA in correspondence.

As there are lots of job opportunities available for the students holding Master degree in comparison to students holding Bachelor degree.Lots of software companies are available in India in which you can get sure job after the completion of your MCA course.There are lots of jobs in Govt. sector also in which you can apply after MCA. So its a good choice to do MCA course.

The list of some good companies in which you can apply after your MCA are given below. These are the best companies and recruit many students related to computer field every year.
Patni Computer Systems (P) Ltd
Polaris Software Lab Ltd
B-commerce Infosystems Pvt Ltd
Cerulean Information Tech. Pvt Ltd
CMC Ltd
CMS Computers
HCL Corporation Ltd
Satyam Computer Services Ltd
Tata Consultancy Services
Tata Infotech Ltd
Wipro Ltd
So go for the MCA course for the betterment of your future. So go ahead for the MCA course and get highly reputed jobs in various top companies of India.
28th May 2011, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

i am pursuing bca,i am needy for job,what should i do?may i go through mca from correspondence?
28th May 2011, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

i want to do job after bca,rightnow i am pursuing bca may i go through mca from correspondence?
30th May 2011, 06:31 PM
stranger351

I think you should go for Placement.
If you place your career now then you can do higher study by Distance learning Program.
You are belonging to electronics branch there are lot of demand in India of Electronics engineers.
Some of companies are-
TATA
BIRLA
RELIANCE
TCS
MPHYSIS
CONTROL PRINT LIMTED
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?