25th May 2010, 06:16 PM
dark energy

Career in space research after 12th? I should do BSc Physics or BE?

I had passed 12th.. I want to make career in space research. This year I had given competitive exams but not expecting any gud rank to get institute like IISER or IIST for MS.. So what should I go for.. BSC. in physics or BE..? Which would be more helpful ahead in doing msc and phd. or it doesn't matters at all..?

25th May 2010, 10:37 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Career in space research after 12th? I should do BSc Physics or BE?

It doesnt matter since space research courses or jobs are again done through entrance exams. Bsc physics could be a good option since you can get your basics in physics stronger compared to BE, where Physics is just one of the many subjects you need to study. If you have decided to do a career in space research, I would suggest an integrated Msc program in good institites like IIT's, Anna university and so on and then going for a job in VSSC or try for Mtech
26th May 2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark energy View Post
I had passed 12th.. I want to make career in space research. This year I had given competitive exams but not expecting any gud rank to get institute like IISER or IIST for MS.. So what should I go for.. BSC. in physics or BE..? Which would be more helpful ahead in doing msc and phd. or it doesn't matters at all..?
hello,
if you are confused between bsc physics and be then i have a way.bsc in physics and be both have its own value,so it cant be compared.but as i go on your present study status,i will advice you to do bsc in physics.it will more help you in msc or phd than be.

hope that info. will be helpful for you.
best of luck.
26th May 2010, 12:59 PM
Harshita21

you should go for BE or B.tech for entering in research area, & after your engineering go for the research area.

good luck
26th May 2010, 04:10 PM
kirankshinde

Quote:
Dear Friend

If you have already dicieded to go for a carear in Space Research then you have to pass the enterance exam there is no way out.

But if you want to go for MSC and PHD later you can go for BSC which would be better.

But it really doesn't matter if yu take up BSC or BE if you want to go for Space Research.

Best of Luck
26th May 2010, 04:45 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

For becoming an Astronaut check weather you have that qualities or not.

Then you have to acquire anyone of the following degree from a good institute like IIT or IISC or IIST (most suitable).

P.hd (Astro physics).
P.hd (Geophysics).
P.hd (Metaphysics) I mean to say any branch of physics which leads to space science,these are few examples.

You can persue these degrees from IIT's or IISc,after acquiring these degrees from there you can appear for entrance conducted by NASA at international level for recruiting Astronauts,Scientists etc.You can also work with our country's ISRO various entrance are cionducted by ISRO for recruiting Scientists and engineers for carrying Space reasearch or various jobs.

M.tech/P.hd (Aerospace engineering)
M.tech.P.hd (Aeronautical engineering)

Better to persue these degrees from IIST.IIST conducts Admission to its specialied courses which leads in space tecnhnology.For entering into IIST you have to crack ISAT or IITJEE after that you will be provided Admission into B>tech if you have good performance in B.tech then you would also offered M.tech or P.hd. all study there is free of cost,after aquiring degree from there yopu will be absorb as an Scientist of ISRO.

Besides these you will also get oppurtunity to join NASA,the best place for astronauts in the World.They pay $1,00,000 to there scientists or astronauts.
Six Indian Students were involved in LHC (Large Hadron Collidor) experiment at CERN,they from NIT,Durgapur and were M.tech student.

So, now decision is your's weather Enroll for B.sc/M.sc then P.hd or B.Tech/M.Tech and then P.hd.

If problem persists please feel free to ask.

Best of Luck

Regards
~Faiyaz~

Last edited by faiyaz; 26th May 2010 at 04:48 PM. Reason: some spelling mistakes
26th May 2010, 10:42 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

Bsc physics could be a good option since you can get your basics in physics stronger compared to BE, where Physics is just one of the many subjects you need to study. If you have decided to do a career in space research, I would suggest an integrated Msc program in good institites like IIT's,fter acquiring these degrees from there you can appear for entrance conducted by NASA at international level for recruiting Astronauts,Scientists etc.You can also work with our country's ISRO various entrance are cionducted by ISRO for recruiting Scientists and engineers for carrying Space reasearch or various jobs.
27th May 2010, 04:59 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

dear friend,
according to me both are good but i will prefer you for the BE,because in this course you will learn more than that of the bsc.and also it will be more helpful for you.
2nd June 2010, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

colleges offering BSc physics course in andhra pradesh plzz tell me
4th June 2010, 08:23 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
colleges offering BSc physics course in andhra pradesh plzz tell me

Andhra University

Sri Krishnadevaraya University

Dr. B.R. Ambedkar University

Acharya Nagarjuna University

Kakatiya University

ETC.......
5th June 2010, 09:12 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

These colleges offering BSc physics course in andhra pradesh -

Sri Y. N. College, Andhra Pradesh

Samatha Degree, College Andhra Pradesh

Govt. Degree College, Andhra Pradesh

Sri Vani Degree College, Andhra Pradesh

Swamy Vivekananda Degree, Andhra Pradesh

Acharya Nagarjuna University.
6th June 2010, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

I WANT TO DO B.TECH BUT MY PARENTS CANNOT PAY THE FEE SINCE MY CHILDHOOD I HAVE ONLY ONE DREAM THAT I WANT TO JION

NASA SO CAN I JION NASA AFTER DOING MSc PYSICS FROM GNDU UNIVESITY

BHAVKANWAL
11th June 2010, 09:41 AM
Unregistered

i want to join nasa i just passed 12th can i jion nasa without doing BE? plzz ans.....................
20th June 2010, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

hello everyone.... iam not appeared in the exam for IIT or IISC but i can do engneering under PTU thats Punjab Technical
University........So if i get a degree from any college under PTU ....then can i go for the further studies for carrier in space
pls reply soon .......if u can reply answer on my id thats [email protected] then iam very thankful for this....
3rd July 2010, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

i want to join nasa i just passed 12th and i am studing b.sc physics 1st year
6th July 2010, 09:17 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Dear Friend
It is better for you to do BE rather then BSc.You have to complete B.E in Aerospace engineering .It will take you to the doors step of space organization.

After completing the Aerospace engineering you will have to sit for an exam conducted by the ISRO organization.

They will judge you if you are eligible to do research related to the space ,then they take you as an assistant ,after then you will get promotion and will get the appropriate post.
All the best...
6th July 2010, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

does it matter with the university while doing bsc physics.....?? or we can do it from any university and further
a nice college like iit or iist or iisc for msc degree if my ambition is to be in space research field or isro....

kindly answer soon
9th July 2010, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

i hv passed 12...bt i m neithr selected in iit nor in iist..bt i want to go for space so tell me wat should i do???????????
29th July 2010, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

what should i do after bsc in physics? i m intrested in space.......can i do this?
regarding ur ve reply ([email protected])
30th July 2010, 02:55 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
what should i do after bsc in physics? i m intrested in space.......can i do this?
regarding ur ve reply ([email protected])
After B.Sc physics you can't go for M. Tech in Aerospace.
The best course for you is M.Sc. in Astrophysics. The eligibility for this course is B.Sc in Physics, astronomy or astrophysics. The future of the course is very good in the field of space researches.

Astronomy and astrophysics are taught as special MSc programmes in the Physics or Mathematics departments in a number of universities. Here are some of the better ones:

Andhra University, Visakhapatnam 530003 - Course: MSc Space Physics (3yrs). Eligibility: BSc. Diploma in Space Science & Tech. Eligibility: MS (Phs)/MScTech with electronics.

MP Birla Planetarium, 96 Jawaharlal Nehru Rd, Kolkata 700071. Course: PG Diploma in Astronomy & Planetary Sciences.

Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Koramangala, Bangalore 560034. Course: PhD in Astronomy and Astrophysics, Post-doctoral Fellowships. (www.iiap.ernet.in).

JNTU College of Engineering, Hyderabad. Course: MSc (Tech) Space Physics).

National Centre for Radio Astrophysics, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Pune & Bangalore Campus, (www.tifr.res.in/~gsch). Research Programmes in Astrophysics & Astronomy (Radio Astronomy & Astrophys, Theoretical Phys & Astrophys, Elig: MSc (Phy/ Astro/ Appl Math/ Physical Chem. BSc/ BE/ BTech with exceptional record can also apply. Selection: Written test & interview.

Osmania University, Centre for Advanced Study in Astronomy, Hyderabad 500007. Course: MSc (Astronomy). Eligibility: BSc (45% in the rel subj).

Punjabi University, Patiala 147002 (Punj). Course: PG Diploma in Space Sciences. Eligibility: MSc (Phys)/ BSc/ BE/ BTech (50%).

Inter-University Centre for Astronomy & Astrophysics, Ganeshkhind, Pune 411007 (www.iucaa.ernet.in). Course: MTech in Astrophysics; PhD in Astronomy, Astrophysics, Cosmology and Quantum Physics. PhD Astronomy & Astrophysics, Experimental and Theoretical Physics. Courses: PhD in Physics (including Theoretical and Observational Astronomy, Astrophysics, Physics in Biology, Plasma Physics & Technology, Earth & Atmospheric Sc and Space Sc)/ Mathematics/ Theoretical Computer Sc. Selection: JEST, Introductory Summer School in Astronomy & Astrophysics, Vacation Students' Programme, Refresher Course in Astronomy & Astrophysics for College and University Teachers.

Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (www.iisc.ernet.in).

Birla Institute of Technology & Sciences (BITS), Pilani, offers a starry future for those who have completed their Master's in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Geology or Astrophysics. Course: MPhil in Astronomy & Planetarium Sciences in collaboration with the BIAPS (Birla Institute of Astronomy & Planetarium Sciences), Kolkata. A PhD programme is also offered.

Thank You
30th July 2010, 06:03 AM
sathsish

Smile Re: Career in space research after 12th? I should do BSc Physics or BE?

hello friend,
if you are confused between bsc physics and be then,
let me provide you some information
BSC in physics and B.E both have its own value,so it cant be compared.but i will suggest you to take B.E which is booming in future

all the very best..!!
30th July 2010, 11:08 AM
subhash5687
Banned

Thumbs up Re: Career in space research after 12th? I should do BSc Physics or BE?

Quote:
you just join the aerospace engineering from any private institute it will be more helpfull to you to join space
30th July 2010, 04:53 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

Quote:
i hv passed 12...bt i m neithr selected in iit nor in iist..bt i want to go for space so tell me wat should i do???????????
If you are really interested in this field its better you prepare for 1 more year and prepare well to get good institute. As for going in space science you need to good knowledge.
Best of luck!!!!!!
30th July 2010, 06:33 PM
kalyan333

Thumbs up Re: Career in space research after 12th? I should do BSc Physics or BE?

good.
b.sc physics is for subject to gain knowledge of physics.
b.e ie also one of the degree.
go for m.sc in relevant subject means space study in top universities or iit's and then you may get.
30th July 2010, 06:39 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

If you are much interested in doin space research, then i suggest BSc physics would be best. Thereafter you can go for MSc and later on PHd.
But if you want to become an astronaut, then i suggest you yo go for B.E.

But if it is space research, then BSc, MSc and PhD. In this way, you will have a greater chance of getting a a good post of a research scientist.
you can work for ISRO as well as NASA.

For further details, kindly visit:

www.isro.org
www.nasa.gov

Good Luck!
30th July 2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
HAI DEAR HOW ARE YOU?
you should go for bsc maths or physics as you want.
but compleat your graduation by good mark like 70%minimum required ment to enter in that.you have to do msc also.
age limitation is there after 25 you can joint.
THANK YOU
2nd August 2010, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

i am doing M.Sc applied physics and now i want to become an astronaut and join nasa ...... what should i study further to become an astronaut and join nasa....?
2nd August 2010, 09:56 AM
rajanivedha

Yes you can do msc physics because its more valuable and as per your wish you can enter in astro field opr aero n space research
2nd August 2010, 10:04 AM
ravi6

hello dear,
First i tell you that you can make your career through B.SC and B.E both. if you could not succes to take seat in B.E then no problems you can do B.SC physics. after B.sc physics you can do M.SC and PH.D in aronautics sciences. so you can go to space research by B.SC also. BEST of LUCK

REGARDS
ravi6
2nd August 2010, 01:25 PM
yashaswini t s

Quote:
if you want to join INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SPACE TECHNOLOGY YOU NEED RANKING IN IIT-JEE
to join IIST you need 2nd puc with pcmfor more details you can visit the website http://iist.ac.in
www.newstrackindia.com
2nd August 2010, 02:15 PM
sampat

Quote:
hi
if u like to make a career in space research than u can choose a B.SC in physics
2nd August 2010, 08:35 PM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

as u are not excepting a good result in the entrance exams

so can choose any one of the courses i.e B.SC OR B.E.

after this u complete your M.SC degree .

u can apply in space research organizations like ISRO,NASA and many more.

all the best.
2nd August 2010, 10:43 PM
zarina

Quote:
u should go for honours in physics. because if u move with physics then it must help u in ur intrest in space research.
26th August 2010, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

i have passed 12th this year and i got admission in delhi university in the course of bsc. physical science.can i make a better carrer in space science?if yes,then tell me the best institute for msc.i request u 2 send the sugestion on my e-mail id that is, [email protected].. ......................
27th August 2010, 09:48 AM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

As you want to go for space research, then it will be better for you to go for Bsc. in physics.... after that you can go for Msc and then you can do Phd. for research..

after completion of your Msc ,you can also appear in some entrance exam which are conducted by ISRO..

if you do well in that exam then you can getting into ISRO..

all the best..
25th September 2010, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

what can i do for doing carrier in space science after 12th
26th September 2010, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

HELLO!!!
CAN I TAKE MATH,PHYSICS,COMPUTER IN B.SC PHYSICS OR B.E. ALSO TELL ME ABOUT GOOD INSTITUTES IN NORTH INDIA FOR THESE COURSES
PLEASE ANSWER ME QUICKLY
I WILL BE VERY THANKFULL TO YOU
26th September 2010, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

HELLO!
CAN I TAKE MATH,PHYSICS,COMPUTER SIMULTANEOUSLY IN B.SC. PHYSICS OR B.E.?ALSO TELL ME ABOUT GOOD INSTITUTES IN NORTH INDIA FOR THESE COURSES.
PLEASE ANSWER ME QUICKLY.
I WILL BE VERY THANKFUL TO YOU.
26th September 2010, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

HELLO!
Can i take Physics,Maths,Computer simultaneously in B.SC Physics or B.E.? Also tell me about good institutes in north India for these courses.
Please answer me quickly.
I will be very thankful to you.
28th September 2010, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

sir i am studying in 12th.............. i am having interest in theorotical astrophysics how can i proceed.................
30th September 2010, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of class 12th I am interested in space field what all possible options do I have after 12th?
30th September 2010, 11:41 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

you see, if you are interested to work in space research then you must do btec first then mtech.

specially if you want to do research oriented jobs, then MTech is compulsary.

after doing btech you can join isro.

you can apply in ISRO exam after your btech courses.

minimum 65% marks in btech is require to join in ISRO.

age limit 21-29.

for more information check-www.isro.gov.in.

all the best........
11th October 2010, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

sir,i am studing btec first year,so am i eligible for ISAT or NIFT which is good?
13th October 2010, 05:41 PM
helpmaster

You are elligible for both the exams wheteher its nift or isat..
But both the fields are totally different so take decison according to your personal interest in the field and not under the force of anybody
14th October 2010, 04:12 PM
expart

hello friend

see, it will be easy for you to make Career in space research after 12th if you do BE.

you can join ISRO after BE.

for information check-www.isro.gov.org.

all the best.......
15th October 2010, 05:38 PM
helpmaster

Quote:
I am a student of class 12th I am interested in space field what all possible options do I have after 12th?

After 12 you can join those institutes which provide the degree in aeronautical engineering. there are course both at UG and PG level
FOR this you need to have physics , chemistry and maths as your subject in PG.
Some of the Institutes are
  • GUjarat UNiversity
  • Indian Institute of Space and Science Technology, ThiruVanthapuram
  • Indian Institute of Geomagnetism, Mum,bai
  • Pune University
1st November 2010, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

Hi!!! i m very confused about selecting the option between b tech or bsc?? i m dropping one year however i have taken admiison in central university for bsc. please rply what would b good for me?? i have got 82 percent in12&10.
3rd November 2010, 04:51 PM
helpmaster

Quote:
Hi!!! i m very confused about selecting the option between b tech or bsc?? i m dropping one year however i have taken admiison in central university for bsc. please rply what would b good for me?? i have got 82 percent in12&10.
Since you have got admission in central university you can carry out your studies. When you leave this year you will loose your 1 precious year.
But if you have very much interst in this particular field than need to do BTech.
But time never comes back.
So just complete your graduation it will not cost you much
3rd November 2010, 07:13 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:

Well dear it always depends upon your Interest.

What type of job/career you are expecting for.

As compared to B.sc B.tech will always lead in all aspects, because of Industrial interfarance and growing technology.

B.Tech can provide you good pay, perks, allowance, quick job. Whereas just after acquiring B.sc you can not except that things, you have to opt higher studies say- M.sc or P.hd.

So, better opt for B.Tech in some core and demanding branch like- Electrical, Civil, Chemical, Biotechnology etc.

However, being a bright student way to success for you through any of them will not be a difficult task. But your own will or interest matters most. And remember o one can let you to take a right dicision except you, yourself. Thats because no one can judge oneself better then himself.

Just for Knowledge: Authorities and HRD Ministry are working to get rid of this issue, that all charms are for B.Tech/B.E. graduates, but nothing for B.sc (Natural science) graduates. A meeting held including, Directors of BHU, Banglore University and other two NAtional Universities. Where proposal had been made to introduce a 4 years long B.sc/BS Program in some streams, on par with B.Tech/B.E. which will provide that B.sc graduates equivalency to that of Engineering graduates.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
3rd November 2010, 07:37 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

you are interested in science so you should go towards b.sc rather than ba. as you should move towards your interested subjects so that in future you can choose your path when needed.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?