23rd January 2019, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

Is CA's CPT exempted for B.Com passed candidates?

I have completed my B.Com with first class division. Now, do we need to apply and appear for the CA's CPT stage or is it exempted for B.Com passed candidates?

30th January 2019, 09:35 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is CA's CPT exempted for B.Com passed candidates?

CA CPT stands for Chartered Accountancy Common Proficiency Test. It is entry level exam for this course. Candidates who have done bachelor's degree or master's degree in commerce with minimum of 55% marks can directly apply for IPCC stage.

As you have completed Bachelor of Commerce with first division, you are exempted from CPT exam of CA course.

30th January 2019, 11:25 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Having completed your B.Com degree with First class division i.e; with at least 60% marks, you are eligible for CA CPT exemption and therefore to apply for IPCC registration directly as the minimum education required for CA CPT exemption is a bachelor's degree in any discipline with 60% marks from a recognised university. Further, marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for candidates having completed their graduation degree course in commerce stream.

31st January 2019, 05:37 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Yes, definitely a B.Com passed candidate is exempted from CA CPT provided he/she has managed at least 55% marks overall in his/her bachelor degree course with Commerce stream.

So, having completed your B.COM degree with first division which is equivalent to 60 or more percent marks, you are eligible to directly register for CA IPCC by exempting CA CPT.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?