26th July 2015, 07:25 PM
piyu k

Commerce or Commerce with IT, which option is better?

I am really confused in selecting stream i have two options commerce or commerce with IT my maths is just ok types and i have an intrest in IT i can operate several softwares and i like to use all those softwares so what should i choose which one has more carreer options???????

21st October 2015, 12:13 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: Commerce or Commerce with IT, which option is better?

See, you need to understand two things-

1) to get into the software industry you would be required to be graduated as an engineer.
2) To pursue engineering in the computer science field or in the IT field, you need to have maths as a subject in your intermediate with science stream

So, the above two points must clear all your doubts about which stream to take because since you have interest in software so commerce or commerce with maths, both won't be sufficient for you to become a software engineer.

If you have only commerce option with you and don't have the science one, then also i would strongly suggest you to take up Maths as your subject because commerce with IT is of little lesser use and commerce with Maths would open up many fields for you.

Also, in case later if you would be interested to give government exams for banking etc, maths would be useful there as well if you had some background.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?