12th November 2015, 03:23 PM
Nishadhankani

Commerce student having no knowledge of mathematics and physics is eligible for NDA exam or not?

I am a female. And a 12th pass student from commerce stream i want to give NDA exams. I have no knowledge of mathematics and physics. I am eligible or not.please contact me in this regard with my email:[email protected]

12th November 2015, 08:39 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Commerce student having no knowledge of mathematics and physics is eligible for NDA exam or not?

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and to join NDA one needs to clear NDA entrance examination which is conducted twice every year by Union Public Service Commission.

--> The eligibility criteria for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must be an unmarried male candidate along with the nationality of India.

* You must have either completed your higher secondary school degree or must be in the final year of same degree course from a recognized board of education.

* Your age must lie in between 16.5 years to 19 years.

* You must have the physical and mental fitness as per the service requirement norms.

So it is quite clear from above eligibility criteria that being a girl candidate you are not eligible for appearing in the NDA entrance examination. But in order to join defense services you will have the option of CDS examination once you completed your graduation degree course.

For any further information about same examinations ( NDA and CDS ) you can visit the official website of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
12th November 2015, 09:00 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Commerce student having no knowledge of mathematics and physics is eligible for NDA exam or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishadhankani View Post
I am a female. And a 12th pass student from commerce stream i want to give NDA exams. I have no knowledge of mathematics and physics. I am eligible or not.please contact me in this regard with my email:[email protected]
Sorry to say but you are not eligible to sit for NDA examination since this one is exclusively meant for boys only. But since you are already a 12th pass out so after completing graduation you can apply for CDS if you want where you can get the opportunity to work as an OTA officer.

CDSE stands for Combined Defence Services Examination. This exam is conducted by UPSC. This exam can be given to join any one of the following wings: Army, Air Force and Navy.

Girls are only eligible to sit for the OTA exam as already mentioned earlier. For this exam you need to be a graduate in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university. The lower age limit for this exam is 19 years and the upper age limit is 25 years.

Selection Procedure:-
  • Written Exam
  • Interview/ Intelligence Test/ Personality Test
  • Document Verification
  • Medical Examination
OTA Exam Pattern:-
  • English Language- 100 marks
  • General Knowledge- 100 marks
Official Website:- http://www.upsc.gov.in
12th November 2015, 10:19 PM
18Angel
Senior Member+

First of all sorry to say Girls are not eligible for NDA exam.You will have to complete your graduation degree then you are eligible to apply for CDS exam.You are only eligible for Officer Training academy in CDS examination.

Age Requirements:-Age must be in between 19 to 25 years.

Procedure for NDA exam:- Commerce students are eligible to apply for NDA exam but only male unmarried candidates can apply.Commerce students can apply only for Indian Army.

Age Requirements:-Age must be in between 16.5 to 19 years.

You should have completed 12th standard.There is no minimum percentage of marks is required.

Selection Procedure:-Written exam,Medical exam & Interview.
12th November 2015, 11:08 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

NDA is the National Defense Academy. The entrance exam for this academy is conducted by the UPSC twice every year.

One of the most important eligibility criteria for the exam is that only unmarried male Indian citizen between age criteria 16.5-19.5 year is eligible for the exam. Hence, no female candidate can apply for the NDA exam.

You can apply for the Combined Defense Academy entrance after bachelor's degree for which both unmarried male and female citizens of India are eligible.
12th November 2015, 11:35 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, female candidates are not eligible for the NDA/NA entrance exam. UPSC has clearly mentioned that only those male candidates who are unmarried and whose age is between 16.5-19.5 years are eligible for NDA 1 and NDA 2 exams of every year.

So, you can not apply for the NDA exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?