5th March 2012, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

Which course is a better choice for me between CS and MBA having completed Graduation and interested in Banking sector?

sir i have completed my gradution in 2011 and want to do company secretary or MBA, which is better to go for me..........i am also interested in banking sector that's why i also prepairing for clerk or po.......so plz sir give me tips for wheter to go cs or MBA.....my email [email protected]

5th March 2012, 02:06 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which course is a better choice for me between CS and MBA having completed Graduation and interested in Banking sector?

if you are interested in BANKING SECTOR than you should go for MBA in finance as many private/govt BANKS recruit MBA in finance candidates.

Company Secretary course is different and more suitable for corporate sector.
As company secretary has more knowledge on legal, management matter.

Company Secretary has knowledge in finance matter also but MBA in finance has more knowledge than CS as far as finance department is concern.

Banking sector has every thing related to finance and clients.

So for BANKING SECTOR MBA in finance is more suitable.

or

you could opt for courses like MA in economics/chartered accountancy for BANKING SECTOR.

DETAIL ABOUT BANKING SECTORS

EMPLOYMENT IN BANKING SECTOR

There are two sectors of banking where you can look for jobs.

1. PRIVATE & PUBLIC

2.GOVT

JOBS IN PRIVATE & PUBLIC

In privte and public sector ,banks prefer

QUALIFICATION

1. MBA/PGDBM
or

CHARTERED ACCOUNTANCY
or

MASTERS IN ECONOMICS

2.VERY GOOD COMMUNICATION SKILLS

3.PRESENTABLE PERSONALITY

4.EXPERIENCE (pefered in some cases)

(some even conduct entrance exam otherwise interview is enough)

2.Information available

DAILY NEWSPAPER LIKE

THE TIMES OF INDIA OR HINDUSTAN TIMES OR OTHER NEWSPAPERS

whereas in

GOVT SECTOR

GOVT Banks have different procedure to recruit the candidates

you have to clear Ist entrance examination than interview for being in GOVT banks.

1.Eligibility for apply in the bank

A.graduation from recognized university with atleast 50% to 60% marks.

B.age-between 21 to 30yrs.

2. FOR DETAIL INFORMATION READ

EMPLOYMENT NEWSPAPER

DAILY NEWSPAPER LIKE

THE TIMES OF INDIA OR HINDUSTAN TIMES OR OTHER NEWSPAPERS REGULARLY.

3.ENTRANCE EXAM QUESTIONS PATTERN

Quantitative aptitude - 50 QUESTIONS
English - 50 QUESTIONS
reasoning - 50 QUESTIONS
General awareness - 50 QUESTIONS
and
computer - 50 QUESTIONS

250 QUESTIONS (AROUND) OF OBJECTIVE TYPES.
27th March 2012, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which course is a better choice for me between CS and MBA having completed Graduation and interested in Banking sector?

sir i have preapared bca in2011.which course i choose mba or cs.because i want to do mba or cs not mca.because in mca math is necessary.
28th June 2012, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

I am doing company seceretry cource iwant to do MBA in which field i do mba
25th August 2012, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

sir, i m in executive stage in c.s, i want to do m.b.a, sir plz tell me marketing is suitable for me?
25th August 2012, 08:30 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

To get job in Banking sector, you would have to go for the MBA course. The responsibility of Company Secretary is quite different. Although CS course may also get you job in the banks but the responsibilities would be different. Besides you have more chances of getting banking sector job with MBA degree.

MBA stands for the Master in Business Administration. It is a two years long post graduate course. Now to be precise, you would have to complete MBA in Finance to pursue banking sector job. Your chances would improve if you have come from a commerce background.

Now to get admission for MBA course, it is necessary to appear in entrance exam. Unless you are looking for admission via management quota and kiss lakhs of rupee goodbye, it is important to appear in the MBA entrance exams. Some example of the entrance exams are:

CAT

MAT

XAT

NMAT

IBSAT

IIFT

IRMA

JMET

TISS

The most popular and widely accepted of these exams are CAT and MAT entrance exam.

Common Admission Test or the CAT entrance exam is popular because it is accepted by the IIMs, the top management colleges in India. IIMs are considered to be the best in India and getting admission in IIMs is not easy.

CAT Eligibility

1. You need to complete graduation course in any stream from a recognised university.

2. You should score at least 50 percent marks in graduation course.

3. SC/ST require 45 percent marks in graduation course to appear in CAT Exam.

Now if you manages to get admission after appearin CAT, it is fantastic, but in case you don't make the cut or fail to meet the percentage requirement of CAT exam, the my recommedation would be MAT exam.

Management Aptitude Test or MAT is also very popular and accepted widely across India. Anyone with a graduation degree can appear in the MAT entrance exam. There is no percentage requirement. This is what makes MAT quite popular among MBA aspirants.
25th August 2012, 11:09 PM
incredibleshub

For better caireer you can apply for MBA as you are interested in banking and finance,
you can do Mba from banking or finance.
MBA course is having huge demand in the world.
Mba gradates have great chances in the market to fion opportunities with high package.
If yoy do MBA from top ranked management institute than you can get good opportunities what ever is your specilization.
But for banking and financial specilization the job in market is forever.
Each companies have great demand for finacial management.
So MBA FROM banking and financial management will be best for you to get job on high package.
After completing your MBA from financial specilization you can worl as:
Finacial analyst
senior financial analayst
manager for specilist market
cash managers
portfolio manager
personal financial adviser.
25th August 2012, 11:18 PM
MOUSE92

dear,

pursuing mba along with cs is probably not right way as the active classes along with presentation,projects,corporate visit etc will leave very less time for you to prepare for cs. you might have loose focus in this run and end up with no real good result on the either side . for best result both professional course require best hard work , like cs you have to attend regular classes ,instead you have to clear exam , you should first complete mba first then you should continue for cs.

12th pass can enroll for cs.

the uselessness of cs can be gauged from the fact that it is mandatory to appoint full time cs for all companies with assets of more than 50 lakhs
26th August 2012, 01:03 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

hello dear,
if you are interested in banking sector then you should choose MBA because it has better use in the banking sector and CS course may also get you job in the banks but work should be different
If you do MBA from top ranked management institute than you can get good job
But for banking and financial specilization the job in market is forever
you can get admission in MBA by cracking CAT entrance exam

good luck
12th September 2012, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

which one has more scope n more salary mba or cs??
27th November 2012, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i have completed my gradution in 2011 and want to do company secretary or MBA, which is better to go for me..........i am also interested in banking sector that's why i also prepairing for clerk or po.......so plz sir give me tips for wheter to go cs or MBA.....my email [email protected]
Better you go for CS
10th January 2013, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

Now I am in b.com final year so should I do cs and how about its scope.and should I do cs along with job o what pls help me
21st January 2013, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

respected sir........
can u please help me out that which is better in terms of scope mba or cs .......sir its realy urgent for me..........plzzz rply me on my mail id [email protected] plzzz sir its realy urgent
16th February 2013, 09:54 AM
Unregistered

i m doing b.b.a final year.now i m confused between m.b.a and c.s.please help me which is better for earning also?
11th March 2013, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

sir i completed my graduation in bba this year suggested me which course better for me mba or cs
13th March 2013, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my 12th and i m confused whether to do ca or cs or mba
15th March 2013, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

IAM CONFUSED RELATED TO mba or cs which one is bettr,......... i like marketing so is mba will be good for me or not ?
21st April 2013, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir
I had completed my graduation now and i am confuse wheather to do c.s or mba
30th May 2013, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

Which course is a better choice for me between CS and MBA having completed graduation???? now i am doing BBA.
6th June 2013, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,

I am 54 and completed my B.com(Hons)an PGDHRD and working and Soft skills trainer. I want to do C.S. Advise me which is better whether MBA or C.S
Krishna
21st July 2013, 07:20 AM
Unregistered

Sir which one is better cs or Mba and kindly also tell me there scope my email id is asimsial18@gmail .com
26th November 2013, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

at present working in APTDC, as Deputy Manager age 45 pursuing MBA and for my future and getting more salary the Company Secretary course help me, please give me full details.
3rd July 2015, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

I completed my degree (B.Com) i want to do something different course which is completed early and settle as soon as possible
16th April 2016, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

I completed my B.com ..which course MBA or CS is more suitable for me ? Would u help to take a right decision
25th July 2016, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

Is MBA is more better than the course Company Secretary? Which is better option for the future? Please suggest me as possible as soon. My e-mail ID: [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?