20th November 2019, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

Which course to do to study about Space Research?

I am interested in Space Research and I am presently studying in class 11th from Science stream with PCM subject combination. So, could you please guide me which subject should I study after my Intermediate to study about Space Research?

22nd November 2019, 06:32 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course to do to study about Space Research?

If you want to go for Space Research, you must study the Sciences stream. You must score good marks for getting admission into the graduation level. After that you can study engineering degree.
ISRO is one of the best institutes you can study space research.
The eligibility to apply in ISRO is a pass graduation with 65% of marks. There are entrance exams for getting into the space research centres.
More details can collect from ISRO's official website.
23rd November 2019, 02:10 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Since, you are right now studying in 11th standard with PCM stream so after completing 12th standard, you will have to take higher education in engineering.

While studying 12th standard or after passing it, you will have to apply for engineering entrance exams (like JEE Main, JEE Advanced, BITSAT, UPSEE, VITEE, SRMEE, etc.)

Thereafter, after qualifying anyone of the entrance exams, you will have to choose engineering branches like Electronics, Mechanical, Computer Science or Electronics while taking admission to B.E./B.Tech programmes.

Other than these branches, you can also opt Aeronautical engineering or Aerospace engineering if available in that institute.

In the final year of your graduation, you can apply for space research institutes like ISRO, BARC, DRDO, etc. Most of the research organizations like these recruit candidates through GATE exam, so you will have to crack GATE exam.

ISRO conducts recruitment exam for scientist/engineer through their own exam.

You can apply for GATE exam in the final year of your graduation as well as after completing graduation.
24th November 2019, 11:16 AM
soumyadipghosh
Senior Member+

To be a space researcher you have to study any space technology related B.tech course after passing 12th. JEE(main and advanced) only one examination which will lead you career towards space research.
If you will be able to score a very good rank(>100) in JEE advance, you can get addmission in IITs in Aerospace Engineering or you can go ISRO( IIST=Indian Institute of space science and technology).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?