22nd May 2011, 10:59 PM
Megha Pillai

Which course should I take after 12th to become an Astronaut other than Aerospace Engineering?

I have completed my 12. can u suggest which course should i take to b an astronaut, other than aerospace engineering?

12th June 2011, 07:27 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course should I take after 12th to become an Astronaut other than Aerospace Engineering?

For becoming an astronaut you need to have completed at least engineering Degree in Aerospace or Aeronautical. So for engineering completing 12th standard in science with subject physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with aggregate mark 65% is a must. You can also go in for diploma course.

During the 12th standard you need to be prepared to appear for the various entrance exams. Ideally try for the IIT's or NIT. For this you need to clear exams like IIT-JEE and AIEEE and other state level examinations.

After completing engineering you can go in for job like in ISRO. You can also go in for a Masters course in India or abroad.
28th June 2011, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which course should I take after 12th to become an Astronaut other than Aerospace Engineering?

May I know the colleges for aerospace engineering in Mumbai or Navi Mumbai?
2nd August 2011, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

can we become astronauts only through nasa?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?