20th March 2019, 01:43 AM
Naughtynaresh

Courses available to become an IPS Officer for Intermediate PCM candidate?

Hello Sir, I want to become an IPS Officer. I have completed my Intermediate with PCM group. Please tell me what are the courses I should opt for becoming an IPS Officer? Please help me to know about this as soon as possible.

23rd March 2019, 10:20 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Courses available to become an IPS Officer for Intermediate PCM candidate?

In order to be an IPS officer, a candidate must have minimum qualification of graduation in any discipline from a recognised University.
As you have completed your intermediate with PCM stream there for you can pursue graduation in the stream you are interested.
After completion of a graduation you will have to appear in civil services examination that is conducted by UPSC every year.
25th March 2019, 08:16 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Courses available to become an IPS Officer for Intermediate PCM candidate?

IPS refers to Indian Police Service and to become an IPS officer, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

--> Further, the minimum qualifications required to appearing in the Civil Services examination are as below :-

* You must be an Indian citizen.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

* You must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

So, as far as you are concerned about the selection of course for your further studies being Intermediate degree passed candidate to become an IPS officer, then it is evident from the above mentioned eligibility criteria that you can opt for any graduation degree course of your interest to be eligible for becoming an IPS officer.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
28th March 2019, 12:11 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

There is no such mandatory course to be completed or pursued for becoming IPS Officer.

Notably, to become IPS Officer, you will have to apply for UPSC Civil Services Exam and qualify it.

Here, in this Civil Services Exam, you will have to qualify three stages to become IPS Officer.
  • Preliminary Exam (CSAT Exam)
  • Mains Exam
  • Personal Interview
You must have completed Graduation (like BA, B.Com, B.Sc., BCA, etc.) in any field to be eligible for this Civil Services Exam.

Even if you are in final year of graduation, you can apply for UPSC Civil Services Exam through UPSC Online portal and appear for CSAT stage.
28th March 2019, 09:10 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

There are no particular courses available to become an IPS Officer after completion of your Intermediate with PCM stream. To be eligible to apply for IPS examination, you should have passed Bachelor’s degree course in any discipline from a government recognised college/ university. You should be in the age range of 21 to 32 years. So, you can pursue Bachelor’s degree course in any discipline from a government recognised college/ university to be eligible to apply for IPS examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?