8th October 2018, 06:50 AM
Unregistered

Cutoff rank required in JEE Main to study BTech Mechanical in any reputed Government college of Odisha?

Respected Sir/Madam, I want to study BTech in Mechanical Engineering course. I am preparing for JEE Main as well. I live in Odisha and would like to know that what rank I have to acquire in JEE Main so that I can study this BTech course in any reputed Government college?

14th October 2018, 05:06 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Cutoff rank required in JEE Main to study BTech Mechanical in any reputed Government college of Odisha?

Here is the list of Government Engineering Colleges located in Orissa for pursuing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering.
  • IIT Bhubaneshwar
  • NIT Rourkela
  • College of Engineering and Technology, Sambalpur
  • Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology, Sarang
  • Government College of Engineering, Kalahandi
  • Government College of Engineering, Keonjhar
  • Parala Maharaja Engineeirng College, Berhampur

To get admission into IIT Bhubaneshwar, you will have to crack JEE Main first, then JEE Advanced Exam.

To get admission into NIT Rourkela, you can get admission after cracking JEE Main Exam.

NIT Rourkela B.Tech Mechanical Engineering Cut offs for JEE Main 2017

Other State -
General: 4709 - 12898
OBC-NCL: 2129 - 3849
SC: 814 - 1710
ST: 575 -797

Home State -
General:6766 - 16679
OBC-NCL: 3470 - 9403
SC: 2158 - 3656
ST: 390 - 1468
14th October 2018, 07:15 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Cutoff rank required in JEE Main to study BTech Mechanical in any reputed Government college of Odisha?

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination. It has two stages JEE Main and JEE Advanced. JEE Main is the first stage of this exam. Its rank is the basis for admission in government engineering colleges like NITs, IIITs and other central and state government engineering colleges.

Your aim should be to get a rank below 5000 for admission in NIT in Odisha or any other colleges which is run by government. Better is rank, more better is chance of getting admission in top engineering colleges.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?