9th July 2011, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

Which degree course should i choose which may help me in preparing for IAS exams?

I'm studying +2 now, next year which degree is essential for me to study i.a.s. Because, i have to complete any degree for i.a.s exam. So, which degree is suitable?

12th February 2012, 12:09 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which degree course should i choose which may help me in preparing for IAS exams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm studying +2 now, next year which degree is essential for me to study i.a.s. Because, i have to complete any degree for i.a.s exam. So, which degree is suitable?
Good Thought !!!

to write IAS exam after your graduation.

you should first know the eligibility criterion before enrolling for it.

apart from graduation degree you should also attain the minimum age i.e., 21 years. Keeping these two in mind you should plan in which year to appear in IAS exam.

By the way IAS exam is called Civil Service Exam.

After 12th the main important thing is to select a degree course based on your 12th stream.
According to your stream you have to opt the degree course.

If your stream is 12th(Commerce)
you can opt graduation courses like B.Com, B.B.A etc.,

if your stream is 12th (MPC)
you can opt graduation courses like Engineering, B.Sc, Etc.,

if your stream is 12th(Arts)
you can opt graduation courses like B.A(History) , B.A(Economics,History), B.A Hons and many others too based on your interest.

if your stream is 12th(BPC).
you can opt graduation courses like MBBS, BDS, B.Pharmacy, Pharm D , etc., etc.,

while selecting the graduation course you can also think in the goal perspective. i.e., by knowing the list of optional subjects you can identify the subject of optional in which you're interested and make path in that way by selecting a respective graduation course.
This type of approach will make your preparation easy.

Another way is to give importance to your passion while selecting a graduation course.

Before making any decision have thorough knowledge about pros and cons of course and also relate your graduation course option to your goal.
if everything looks fine then go for the best option.

Don't be in hurry while selecting, Take time, its your life, you're going to spend 3/4 years with it. make a thoughtful decision at the end. Take guidance of knowledged person.

Regards
4th February 2013, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which degree course should i choose which may help me in preparing for IAS exams?

particularly which degree course should I choose which may help me in preparing for IAS exams
20th May 2013, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which degree course should i choose which may help me in preparing for IAS exams?

is it better to choose bca for IAS
14th October 2013, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

Which degree course should i opt for IAS after 12 ?(pcmb)
14th April 2014, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

i finished my 12th exam and waiting for result i like to become an IAS i like to choose arts which degree is most related to study IAS
29th April 2014, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

im studying bsc 2nd year right now..i decided to take civils and o wnt to appear for the exam..but i dont know how to start my preparation..will you please help me in this situation
12th June 2014, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

i had completed my 12th class from PCB stream and i want to be an IAS but now i am confused which course i have to choose
5th April 2015, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

hi,this is nivethitha. i have completed my 12th from MPC stream. i am interested in doing IAS. other than bca can you give some more courses that makes the preparation easier for IAS exam?can you lists some coaching centers, that you know in coimbatore/chennai?
15th April 2015, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

which degree is suitable for preparing I.A.S. exam easier?and another thing is i am a biology student. but,i did not interested in joining medicine or engineering .please help me to find the best way.
23rd May 2015, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

I JUST completed my 11th with 90 percent in MEC group so plz suggest me that which group is suitable for IAS among BA BCOM BCA in degree
27th July 2015, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

sir i just completed 12th standard in bipc i want to become an ias officer but i am not intrested in medicine which degree is helpful to become ias officer
13th May 2017, 10:38 AM
Unregistered

I'm interested in ias but i didn't know what degree would I choose then I also completed 12th class. I'm waiting for choose the degree
24th June 2017, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed my intermediate with mpc group and got 97 %. My dream to become IAS officer.our sir suggested to take BA in degree. Can I study arts group now.is it benefit to me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?