25th August 2019, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

Degree in Hotel Management is eligible for joining IMA or OTA?

I have a degree in Hotel Management. Am I eligible for joining IMA or OTA? If yes, then how can I apply? What are the other requirements to join IMA or OTA?

30th August 2019, 09:39 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Degree in Hotel Management is eligible for joining IMA or OTA?

The first thing I would like to let you know is that for joining IMA (Indian Military Academy) or OTA (Officer's Training Academy), the minimum education required is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, having completed degree in hotel management, you are eligible to join IMA or OTA as far as the educational qualification for the same is concerned.

Further, joining IMA or OTA, you will be required to qualify the CDS (Combined Defense Services) examination held by UPSC twice every year.

Also, to join IMA or OTA, you need to be an Indian citizen with your age lying within 20 years to 24 years for IMA while 20 years to 25 years in case of OTA. You must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement too.

For more details and updates regarding the CDS entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
31st August 2019, 05:02 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Candidates passed bachelor degree in Hotel Management ( BHM ) are eligible to appear in CDS examination.

Examination is conducted by UPSC for selection in defence service. The eligibility to appear in examination for IMA and OTA is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

The age limit is 19-25 years. Examination is conducted in two stages for final selection.

So, you can appear for the examination and eligible to join service after qualifying in the examination. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st August 2019, 06:33 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

You have to appear and qualify in CDS examination for selection in IMA or OTA.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 19-24 years.

So, you are eligible to appear for the examination as you possess bachelor degree in hotel management.

Entrance examination is conducted for final selection in the service. To get more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?