15th December 2009, 05:52 PM
Guilherme

Is distance learning degree in engineering BTech or BSc as recognised as regular?

Can someone enlighten me on the following: is a distance learning degree in engineering say BTech or BSc as recognised as one achieved while a student registered full time?

Related Questions:
  1. Is there in difference in value of doing B.SC IT from regular and distance learning?
  2. What is the value of B.Sc IT through distance learning mode in terms if job perspectives?
  3. List of colleges offering MCA course at regular level for students who did BCA through distance learning?
  4. What should I choose between part time degree course & Distance engineering course in Mechanical Branch?
  5. What is the difference between distance and regular course? Should I join distance learning at Amity?
  6. Is distance and open learning degree valid for regular master's degree admission?
  7. Does VNSGU offer part time Ph.D in English? -- [New]
  8. What is the difference between regular MBA course and MBA course in Distance Learning? Top Institutes offering MBA course in Distance Learning?
  9. Which are the MSc distance learning institutes? I have completed my BSc Biology
  10. Can I get admission in DU after passing BSc IT through distance learning? I have scored 60% in every semester
  11. Can I do master degree through regular mode after pursuing graduation in distance mode after BSc ATHM? Names of the universities where I can pursue it?
  12. What are the scope of doing MBA through distance learning? Is it different from the regular course?
  13. Can I do fine arts diploma in distance learning after completing degree in BSc?
  14. M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering is necessary to get promotion?
  15. Can I appear in CAT exam if doing B.Sc(IT) from NIIT?
  16. Is distance learning BE degree from Rajasthan vidyapeeth valid for regular M.Tech admissions?
  17. Which is better among B.Tech distance learning or regular course? I have done diploma in ECE
  18. Minimum salary after graduation from SMU Distance Learning? Is SMU distance learning a good institute to pursue graduation and PG?
30th December 2009, 01:28 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is distance learning degree in engineering BTech or BSc as recognised as regular?

it is not recognizedly as regular but both the degree has same value
30th December 2009, 05:47 PM
anuja
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is distance learning degree in engineering BTech or BSc as recognised as regular?

See distance learning is distance and when u do regular it means a lot there is quite difference between the degree of distance learning and regular. i will advice go for regular course.
30th December 2009, 06:50 PM
anurag kumar

Location: H.No.-101, first floor, dagar house, bijwasan New Delhi-110061.

Both are recognised by the UGC and the GOVERNMENT OF INDIA.
31st December 2009, 11:01 AM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

both are considered everywhere equivalent......but it is generally preferred to do regular instead of distance learning ......the same is the case for mba..........if you want to go for further studies after b.tech then you will be eligible everywhere ....but if you expect a good job after distance learning then it is difficult to find one......
best of luck
31st December 2009, 04:32 PM
vetriselvi
Senior Member+

See doing a programme as regular is entirely different from doing it at the distance mode so there are a lot and the courses and other stuffs vary from regular B.tech to distant mode so you decide it.
2nd January 2010, 12:09 AM
sharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilherme View Post
Can someone enlighten me on the following: is a distance learning degree in engineering say BTech or BSc as recognised as one achieved while a student registered full time?
no cannot be recognized regular.......because if recognized regular, students opt only for distance learning and if it so there is no difference between student doing regular and student doing in correspondence.
if both people go for the interview first priority given to student who done regular.
my advice is that to go for regular.
3rd January 2010, 10:40 AM
kusum singal

Distance learning is not valuable as regular learning. So go for regular course.
17th February 2010, 02:11 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

there is no any doubt that the full time course for b.tech is more beneficial than correspondence,
in the full time course you get full time for your study,you can do every practical related to your theory paper,
there is various experiment on the basis of you theory of your study,
but you can not done too much practical classes in a correspondance course.
20th February 2010, 01:35 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

regular course is more prefer by any company in job process ...
and if you do regular btech course then you have more practicle knowledge in copmarision
distance education so
i think you understand the value of regular and distance course......
good luck
9th June 2010, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

please suggest some university for distance education for BSc in chemistry/math
24th June 2010, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

I AM doing GNIIT as well as B.sc(IT) From Distance .. please tell me what i do for my further studies.....

Surya Prakash Pandey......
7th July 2010, 07:34 AM
gohan4

hi
both the degree are regular and B.tec is more relevant
than Bsc
7th July 2010, 03:14 PM
Guilherme

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarjit View Post
both are considered everywhere equivalent......but it is generally preferred to do regular instead of distance learning ......the same is the case for mba..........if you want to go for further studies after b.tech then you will be eligible everywhere ....but if you expect a good job after distance learning then it is difficult to find one......
best of luck
Thanks a lot Amarjit. This is quite elucidative.
Best Regards
8th July 2010, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

after doing distance Btech with relevant experience, will that student be eligible to apply MS in any country for regular course?
14th July 2010, 01:24 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

see,there is no harm in any way doing distance learning courses.
institutes offering distance learning are ignou, anna university are having their courses affilated,and they dont serve any problem.
they are really comparable to regular ones.
you can also do amie,engg course.
13th August 2010, 07:08 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

Distance learning in any course has less preferences than the regular ones.

Even companies don't prefer students from distance mode as they lack in different sectors than the regular students...

Apart from the learning methods and style all other aspects are same in both cases.

Still try to take up any course in regular mode...

Good luck!
15th August 2010, 08:30 PM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear frnd,

btech is a professional course. so if you are doping btech by distance mode then it has no any importance with respect to regular courses.

you can do b.sc by distance mode with IGNOU. it has importance.

all d best.
15th August 2010, 09:58 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

full time course for b.tech is more beneficial than correspondence,

in the full time course you get full time for your study,you can do every

practical related to your theory paper,

there is various experiment on the basis of you theory of your study,
30th August 2010, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

After Diploma in Civil Engineering, one can study MBA (integral course - 5 yrs) distance education in Tamilnadu from recognised universities. Please let me know if this MBA is eligible for applying jobs in future and also to pursue higher studies (PGD**) there after.
14th September 2010, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

weather the ignou university b.tech is equvalant to b.e for tn govt promotion
15th September 2010, 10:23 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

the degree is same but it is not recognized same in few aspects. but the pay scale at the time of job will be same with same degree one from distance learning and one from regular. but at the time of getting job regular candidate get more preference than the distance learning candidate.
18th November 2010, 09:46 AM
Unregistered

Distance Education is for " getting Degree " only , not for use.
Regular Education is for " Degree Practical Experience Good Training Placement Prospect Mental Attachment with ur stdy and many more " , u can use ur exposer.
21st January 2011, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

can neone doing a regular course at the same time do distance education coures say regular btech study with a distance education bsc
29th January 2011, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

I have done my B.Tech through Distance Education (CCC).
Am I eligible for doing MBA in regular in any of the Universities in INDIA.?
Plese any one clarify me.??
31st March 2011, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

If I complete Graduation BSC IT from distance learning institute(Sikkim Manipal University),shall I be eligible to apply for MBA(IT) in Abroad(Germany)?
Do they prefer Distance Learning education?
If there is anyone,please help me out!!

Worm Regards,
Nick!!
14th May 2011, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

i want to do b.tech in distance mode.... but after cmplting my b.tech ,can i eligible to do m.tech in regular mode...plss reply.... urgent..............
25th May 2011, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my 10 2 in science with 71%.my dob is 15-08-1987.i have dis comtinued my b.e course due to financial problem.can i do btech in distance mode
27th May 2011, 07:30 PM
scenceSmiciox

Default Advertising Issue

Hey there!

I have to introduce myself to all of you! It is a nice forum. I am enthusiastic about advertising on this web site, like ad banners as well as exclusive messages. Is it feasible right here? I couldn't discover any information regarding the idea.

Thanks and greatest take care!
9th June 2011, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

B-TECH FROM AMIE AND B-TECH FROM SOME OPEN UNIVERSITY (LIKE KARNATAKA OR ICE) WHICH IS MORE SUPERIOS OR RECONGNISED IN PRIVATE OR GOVERMENT SECTORS
5th July 2011, 01:57 AM
Unregistered

which degree have more value regarding jobs......? A regular degree or a distance degree.......?
30th November 2011, 05:51 PM
pabitra_nayak
Senior Member+

regular course is more prefer by any company in job process ...
and if you do regular btech course then you have more practicle knowledge in copmarision
distance education so
i think you understand the value of regular and distance course......

good luck
21st January 2012, 05:18 PM
Namiy

According to me what matters so much is not regular or distance learning but percentage and knowledge....
If u are able to get a high percentage and ais able to collect good knowledge in subject then regular or distat doesnt matters..
Yes if percentage is put aside i.e. If two persons with same percentage then of course regular one is more preffered
22nd May 2012, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

if I do bsc in learning distance in pariyar university then I join MBA in Pune university regular......,,,,shreya
22nd July 2012, 10:18 AM
Unregistered

I have earned B.Tech (Hons) degree, but the Pakistan Engineering Council do not accept it equal to Bsc.Engineering degree, is there is any university from where I may earn Bsc.Engineering degree by distance learning with some additional courses ? Please help and advise a best way.
28th September 2012, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

i want to know is it benefical to b.tech from distance if iwant to do m.tech from iit
27th May 2013, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I have completed 2nd engineering in BE CS, Can i continue in distance after that
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?