18th July 2011, 05:31 PM
megha jain7

Does it provide me good career options after CFA from ICFAI university?

m doing CFA from icfai university. Does it provide me good career options?? jobs??

14th September 2011, 09:49 PM
tanmayeetripathy

Default Re: Does it provide me good career options after CFA from ICFAI university?

Yes it provides a good carrer prospects after cfa and following are the exciting fields,
which the cfas can choose:

1. Corporate finance & control:-

corporate finance & control is fast emerging as a specialized function in many companies and the routine accounting function is being delinked from the finance function. A career in corporate finance centers around mobilization and utilization of financial resources for short-term and long-term purposes from domestic and overseas markets through a proper mix of debt and equity, with the goal of optimizing returns.

Treasury management has become an integral part of corporate finance.

2. International finance & risk management:-

several companies are looking for professionals who understand the nuances of international finance, international capital markets and risk management.

3. Investment management:-

with the freeing of interest rates and free pricing of issues, the capital markets and the money markets have witnessed the introduction of new instruments and intense interplay of demand and supply forces which have increased the volume of activity in these markets. Investors entrust their funds to mutual funds with trained and experienced portfolio managers. A portfolio manager's job is very challenging since it involves the balancing of risks and rewards through skillful shuffling of the portfolio and maximizing the return on investment..

4. Investment banking and financial services:-

investment banking is a growing field, which offers advisory services to corporate clients on restructuring, capital structure decisions, ipos and raising funds through euro issues and private placements. Financial services include financial consultancy services, advice and negotiation with regard to merges and acquisitions, formulation of nursing programmes and rehabilitation packages for revival of sick units.

5. Information technology:-

with the growing application of information technology in business organizations, the career opportunities for finance professionals with it skills are increasing at a very rapid pace. To keep abreast with the impact of it revolution, more and more cfas and finance professionals are getting trained in high-end erp packages like sap, oracle applications, baan etc.

6.placement services:-

the cfa programme is a career-oriented professional certification programme. This career-orientation is built into the design and administration of the cfa programme. The body of knowledge, curriculum design, education methodology, examination and grading process, all have a thrust on improving the skills for new career opportunities of the candidates. Icfai provides advice and assistance to the cfas in getting suitable placements. Icfai constantly interacts with industry representatives at various for including seminars, conventions, executive education programmes, placement conferences etc and the networks with them for placement of the cfas.

Icfai believes that the entire placement exercise is a joint effort between icfai and the candidates. While icfai gives the guidance and support and networks with potential employers, the candidates have the responsibility to put in maximum possible efforts to get suitable placement.

All the best..
30th November 2011, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Does it provide me good career options after CFA from ICFAI university?

icfai provide a good platform to develop yourself
2nd December 2011, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

I am an MBA Finance. I would like to know that is CFA from ICFAI internationally recognized?
I am planning to do CFA but confused between CFA Institute, USA and our very own ICFAI.
Please advice and mail me at [email protected]
2nd April 2013, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

Does ICFAI is providing job after completion of CFA??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?