25th June 2018, 08:50 AM
Unregistered

Does repeating 11th standard will affect JEE Advanced?

Hello Sir, I have to repeat 11th again because I was not well during my exams. I want to apply for JEE Advanced and secure admission in IIT. So, as I am repeating 11th, so it will affect to apply in JEE Advanced?

Related Questions:
  1. Does preparing for JEE Main and Advanced affect my Board percentage? Can I get enough time to prepare along with Board preparation? Should I join coaching classes?
  2. Should I join coaching to prepare for JEE Main and Advanced being an 11th student? Does it effect my Board's Percentage?
  3. Should I prepare for JEE Main and Advanced after completion of 10th?
  4. Eligibility to appear in JEE Mains & Advanced for a candidate who reappeared in 11th standard?
  5. Can I reappear in JEE Advanced next year if appearing for 2nd times in this year?
  6. Can I get a chance to attempt JEE Main & Advanced if failed and reappear in 11th standard being a 17 years old candidate?
  7. List of WBCHSE schools offering admission in 11th standard and prepare for JEE Advanced at Bangalore?
  8. Which is better among State Board and CBSE to study in 11th standard for preparing JEE Advanced?
  9. Can I appear in JEE Advanced of 2016? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Coaching classes to prepare for JEE Advanced in Chandigarh?
  11. Can I reappear in JEE Advanced 2017 for 3rd time?
  12. Should I drop a year for preparation of JEE Advanced 2017?
  13. Is it difficult to study 11th Science of CBSE Board? Benefits to prepare for JEE Main & Advanced? Which is better among Kerala State Board and CBSE Board?
  14. Which guide books and reference books to be followed for best result to crack JEE Advanced exam?
  15. Should I have to reappear in JEE Main to appear in JEE Advanced?
  16. Am I eligible for JEE advanced?
  17. Can I give JEE advanced after class 12th improvement exams?
  18. Can I give JEE Main next year if appear in Maths compartmental?
30th June 2018, 01:26 AM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does repeating 11th standard will affect JEE Advanced?

No, reappearing in class 11 will not affect in JEE Advanced exam. But, you should keep in mind that you have to crack JEE Main exam first to get chance to appear in JEE Advanced exam. Eligibility criteria of JEE Main exam is given below.

JEE Main Exam Eligibility:

>> Candidates who have completed lass 10+2 exam with PCM or PCMB are eligible to appear in JEE Main exam.

>> Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1993 are eligible for JEE Main exam ( as per JEE Main 2018 Notice). If your age is lesser than 25 years, then you are eligible.

>> Candidates should be Indian Citizens.
30th June 2018, 02:46 AM
xJhinukx

It should not affect. It is in fact a good idea to have an extra year with you for a better preparation since your target is JEE advanced. Try to use this extra year you're getting wisely. Build your basics well and try to solve as many questions as you can. For the entrance, they'll really not be bothered how long you've taken to pass 10+2 , only a decent rank will be the requirement. So focus on that.
30th June 2018, 10:04 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and it is held by CBSE once every year for offering admission in undergraduate technical degree courses across CFTIs ( Centrally Funded Technical Institutes ) such as IITs, NITs, ISM, IIIT, etc. .

Further, JEE is conducted in two stages which includes JEE Main followed by JEE Advanced.

For appearing in JEE Main for getting admission in CFTIs, you need to have completed your Class 12th with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects with at least 75% marks ( or 65% marks in case of reserved category candidates ) from a recognized board. Students failing to secure the above specified marks but still managing to come within the top 20 percentile candidates of their respective board of examination are also eligible.

As far as you are concerned about the affect of reappearing in Class 11th on your eligibility for JEE Advanced then I would like to let you know that reappearing in Class 11th has no affect on your eligibility for JEE Advanced but once you get registered for your Class 12th board examination then you can appear in JEE Advanced only twice, first time in the year in which you have registered for your Class 12th and second attempt in the successive year.

For more details and FAQs related to JEE, you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
30th June 2018, 10:05 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

The full form of JEE is Joint Entrance Examination.

JEE is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education. It has two stages JEE Main and JEE Advanced. There are three consecutive attempts for JEE Main and two consecutive attempts for JEE Advanced from year in which you appeared for 12th examination.

If you appear for 11th standard again, it will not affect JEE Advanced chaces. Suppose if you appear for 2019 exam then you can apply for JEE Main in 2019, 2020 and 2021 and for JEE Advanced in 2019 and 2020.
30th June 2018, 12:01 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

No, it will not affect JEE Advanced if you repeat 11th standard again.

As you have not appeared for JEE Advanced exam till now, so your attempts will be safe. And you can appear for JEE Advanced exam for 2 consecutive times only after passing 11th standard.

Note that you have to qualify JEE Main exam before appearing for JEE Advanced exam.

For appearing in JEE Main exam, you will have 3 chances.
30th June 2018, 01:53 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

You will be asked to give a certain valid reason for repeating 11th. After satisfying them with valid reason you will not face any problem while admission in any of the colleges of IIT.
But it is possible to appear in 12th board examination as a private candidate without repeating 11th.
You can also go for this.
30th June 2018, 07:26 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

It will have zero affect on Joint Entrance Examination Main or Advanced.

The year in which you appear for board exam of 12th matters for JEE Main and Advanced.

You can repeat 11th standard without creating any problem for engineering entrance examination and degree.
10th June 2022, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

If I repeat 11th again then how many times I will go for jee advanced .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?