29th August 2018, 01:27 AM
Kanika roy

Eligibility to appear in BHU MSc(Zoology) entrance exam for BSc(Biology) General student?

Sir, I am from Uttar Pradesh and I am doing BSc General in Biology. I want to do MSc in Zoology from BHU. I have heard that I have to appear the entrance exam. So, I would like to know that am I eligible to appear that entrance exam?

15th September 2018, 07:56 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in BHU MSc(Zoology) entrance exam for BSc(Biology) General student?

The minimum education required for pursuing M.Sc in Zoology from BHU is a bachelor's degree with at least 50% marks (or 45% marks in case of reserved category candidates ) and with Zoology and Chemistry as a main subject at least for three years of your degree course from a recognized university.

So, having completed your B.Sc (general) with Biology, you are eligible for pursuing M.Sc in Zoology if your bachelor's degree includes both Zoology and Chemistry as main subjects and you have managed to secure 50% marks in your bachelor's degree course.

Also, for getting admission to BHU in M.Sc degree course, you need to qualify BHU PET which is held by BHU once every year.

For more details regarding BHU PET, you can refer to the link www.bhuonline.in to download its bulletin.
15th September 2018, 08:36 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in BHU MSc(Zoology) entrance exam for BSc(Biology) General student?

You are not eligible to get admission in M.Sc Zoology course in the BHU as per eligibility.

The eligibility to get admission in the M.Sc Zoology is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in honors in the Zoology and have Chemistry as main paper.

So, you are not eligible to appear in the entrance examination for admission in the course.
15th September 2018, 09:13 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

BHU stands for Banaras Hindu University. It is a well renowned Central university offers various undergraduate, post graduate and higher degree.

The university conduct entrance examination for admission in the M.Sc course. You are not eligible to appear in M.Sc Zoology course as per your qualification.

The required qualification to appear in examination for M.Sc Zoology is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in Zoology honors and Chemistry as main paper.

For more information visit at www.bhuonline.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?