21st June 2018, 07:53 AM
Shuklaji456

Can I get admission with 120 General rank in BHU MA(Sociology) entrance exam

Sir, I have got 157 marks and 120 General category rank in BHU entrance exam for MA(Sociology) admission. So, can I get admission or not with this rank? Please help me to know about this. Waiting for your response!

Related Questions:
23rd June 2018, 11:27 PM
xJhinukx

Default Re: Can I get admission with 120 General rank in BHU MA(Sociology) entrance exam

Based on previous years cutoffs, you are most likely to get admission at BHU even if you are not secluded by some caste factor. There are a total of 77 seats but all of them are not occupied on the very first counselling so you may have to wait.
24th June 2018, 01:10 AM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission with 120 General rank in BHU MA(Sociology) entrance exam

Yes, you can get admission for MA Sociology in BHU.

BHU PET (Banaras Hindu University Post graduation Entrance Test) is an entrance exam conducted by the university for giving admissions into the university for post graduation degree. This test is conducted once in every year in the month of May.

The cut off marks varies every year based on the difficulty level of the question paper and candidates appeared & qualified in the exam.
From the past few years the cut off rank for MA Sociology will vary around 350 - 400 and the cut off marks varies around 120 - 130 for general candidates.

Since you have scored 157 marks and got 120 general rank you can get admission into the university for MA Sociology course.
24th June 2018, 06:20 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

M.A. Sociology or Master of Arts in Sociology is a postgraduate Sociology course. The duration of this course is two years.

For this course candidate must have passed graduation in any stream from a recognized university. As per my knowledge, you are eligible to get admission with 120 General rank in BHU MA(Sociology) entrance exam.

For more information you can contact at given below address.

CONTACT ADDRESS: Ajagara, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221005
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?