4th May 2018, 07:20 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in SCRA exam for 12th PCM Hindi medium candidate?

Respected Sir/Madam, I have completed my 12th PCM but from Hindi medium. I am interested to give SCRA exam. So, I would like to know my eligibility for appearing in SCRA exam. Please let me know immediately. Thank you!

15th July 2018, 02:10 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in SCRA exam for 12th PCM Hindi medium candidate?

SCRA is Special Class Railway Apprentice and examination was earlier conducted by UPSC.

Now, there is no SCRA examination. So, you are not eligible to appear in examination.

There is no any update by UPSC regarding the examination.
15th July 2018, 02:53 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in SCRA exam for 12th PCM Hindi medium candidate?

SCRA refers to Special Class Railway Apprentice and the same examination was held till 2015 for selection of candidates for providing training to selected candidates for their recruitment as railway engineer in future.

The minimum education required for appearing in SCRA is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Mathematics and English as main subjects with at least 45% marks from a recognized board of education.

So, irrespective of your qualifications, you cannot apply for SCRA now as it is not held after 2015.
15th July 2018, 04:41 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Now, there is no SCRA examination earlier it was conducted for recruitment in Indian Railway.

The examination was conducted by UPSC. Candidates after qualifying in examination was able to become officer in Indian Railway.

But, now there is no any official notification regarding the examination so it is not possible to give you correct details regarding the examination.
15th July 2018, 05:29 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym SCRA stands for Special Class Railway Apprentice examination.

This examination was earlier conducted by Union Public Service Commission for 12th PCM candidates.

But this exam is scrapped now and no more conducted by UPSC from 2016. Hindi medium students were eligible for this exam.
15th July 2018, 05:33 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

SCRA stands for Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination and this examination is conducted by UPSC once every year.

Eligibility Criteria:

1. Candidate must have passed 10+2 with PCM as main paper from a recognized board.

2. Candidate age must be 17 to 21 years.

3. Relaxation is applicable for reserved category.

4. You must be an Indian citizen.

For more information, you can visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th July 2018, 05:52 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of SCRA is Special Class Railway Apprentice examination.

1. You must know that this examination has been terminated and hence not conducted by Union Public Service Commission. At that time, hindi medium candidates used to apply.

2. The last SCRA examination was conducted on 18th January, 2015.
15th July 2018, 08:57 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

SCRA stands for Special Class Railway Apprentice. It used to be conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year till 2015.

Now SCRA examination is not conducted by UPSC. When it will be conducted, Hindi medium candidates can apply for exam.
15th July 2018, 09:38 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

From my point of view, you are not updated with latest happenings in field of entrance exams.

Special class railway apprentice examination was scrapped in 2016. It is no more conducted. You can not apply for exam even if you are eligible as hindi medium PCM subject candidate.
15th July 2018, 09:57 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Now there is no SCRA examination which was earlier conducted by UPSC for selection in Indian Railway as an officer.

So, no chance of appearing in examination.
15th July 2018, 10:54 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

SCRA stands for Special Class Railway Apprentice. Candidates of 12th science stream with PCM subjects are eligible for this exam. Both Hindi and English Medium candidates are eligible for this exam.

But for you kind information, you must be aware that it is not conducted by UPSC from year 2016.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?