31st May 2018, 02:10 AM
erisha

Eligibility to apply in AFMC entrance exam for a candidate with 71.25% in 12th?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am interested to apply in AFMC entrance exam. I have secured 71.25% marks in my 12th Board exam. So, I would like to know about my eligibility to apply in this entrance exam. Waiting for your response!

2nd June 2018, 11:39 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in AFMC entrance exam for a candidate with 71.25% in 12th?

AFMC refers to Armed Forces Medical College and it is a medical college which offers admission in MBBS degree course to the defense personnel wards.

Further, I would like to let you know that admission in AFMC for MBBS degree course is based on the performance i.e; rank in NEET ( National Eligibility cum Entrance Test ) rather than AFMC entrance examination which does not exist.

Also, the minimum education required for appearing in NEET is a higher secondary school degree with Biology, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects with at least 50% marks from a recognized board of education. Marks relaxation upto 10% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So, having completed your Class 12th with 71.5% marks you are eligible for appearing in NEET if your stream of academics includes PCB group subjects.

For more details regarding NEET, you can refer to the link www.cbseneet.nic.in. While for details regarding AFMC admission procedure, you can visit the link www.afmc.nic.in.
2nd June 2018, 11:45 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in AFMC entrance exam for a candidate with 71.25% in 12th?

AFMC refers to Armed Forces Medical College and it is a medical college which offers admission in MBBS degree course to the defense personnel wards.

Further, I would like to let you know that admission in AFMC for MBBS degree course is based on the performance i.e; rank in NEET ( National Eligibility cum Entrance Test ) rather than AFMC entrance examination which does not exist.

Also, the minimum education required for appearing in NEET is a higher secondary school degree with Biology, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects with at least 50% marks from a recognized board of education. Marks relaxation upto 10% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So, having completed your Class 12th with 71.25% marks you are eligible for appearing in NEET if your stream of academics includes PCB group subjects.

For more details regarding NEET, you can refer to the link www.cbseneet.nic.in. While for details regarding AFMC admission procedure, you can visit the link www.afmc.nic.in.
2nd June 2018, 11:39 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

AFMC stands for Armed Forced Medical College and admission in the college in MBBS course will be conducted on the basis of NEET examination.

So, you are eligible to appear for NEET examination.

Candidates also have to apply for AFMC and final admission will be conducted after qualifying in test conducted by AFMC.

Candidate must have scored minimum 60% in PCB to get admission in AFMC.

For detail information regarding the admission visit at www.afmc.nic.in.
4th June 2018, 06:36 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to apply for AFMC Entrance Examination:

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are eligible to apply for AFMC Entrance Examination. The basic eligibility criteria required is as follows,

<> You must be an Indian Citizen to apply

<> You should have passed 12th class in 10+2 pattern or equivalent exam with English, Physics, Biology and Chemistry as compulsory subjects.

<> You must have secured minimum 60% marks in each of the subjects and 60% marks aggregate.

<> You should have completed 17 years age in order to be eligible for this AFMC Exam.

<> As you have scored more than what is required, I can say that you are eligible to apply.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?