20th June 2018, 01:11 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply in UGC-NET(Botany) for MSc(Botany) student?

Hi everyone, I am studying MSc in Botany course. I want to apply UGC-NET for Botany subject. So, after completing my MSc, I am eligible to apply for UGC-NET or not? Please help me to know about this immediately. Thank you!

26th June 2018, 06:56 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in UGC-NET(Botany) for MSc(Botany) student?

Eligibility Criteria Required to apply for this UGC NET Botany for M.Sc Botany candidates:

In order to apply for this National Eligibility Test that is conducted by this University Grants Commission (UGC), you are required to meet certain requirements. They are given below,

<> You must have done Master's Degree in the concerned stream in the relevant stream from a recognized university.

<> The minimum percentage required you should have secured in Post Graduation is 55% marks to be eligible.

<> As you are done with M.Sc in Botany course and if you have scored more than 55% marks, then I am sure that you are certainly eligible to apply for this examination. You may find more details from the link that is given below.

Click here for More Details
28th June 2018, 10:31 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NET refers to National Eligibility Test and it is held by CBSE twice every year on the behalf of UGC ( Union Grant Commission ) for recruitment of lecturer/assistant professor in recognized university or for joining JRFs (Junior Research Fellowship ).

The minimum education required for appearing in the same examination is a master degree course in concerned subject with at least 55% marks from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for SC/ST and PWD candidates. Students appearing in the final year of their master degree course are also eligible.

So, being a student of M.Sc. in Botany degree course you are certainly eligible to apply for UGC NET for Botany subject if you manage to satisfy the minimum marks requirement for appearing the same examination.

For more details regarding UGC NET, you can log on to the link www.cbsenet.nic.in.
22nd February 2021, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

which subject is for msc botany students in ugc net exam
2nd March 2021, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

while filling the application form if the option is not there for botany .so which subject should i need to prefer
5th March 2021, 02:40 PM
Maahi14

If you want to qualify NET through botany then you can opt for Life science topic.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?