28th July 2018, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to become a High School Teacher through MA Degree for BA(Political Science) student?

Hi friends, I am in my final year of BA Honours in Political Science. After completing my BA, I want to study MA in the same stream. So, I just want to know that through MA Degree I can be eligible to become a High School Teacher?

31st July 2018, 03:36 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to become a High School Teacher through MA Degree for BA(Political Science) student?

No, you cannot become high school teacher with present qualification.

You must have B.Ed qualification to appear in examination. For PGT recruitment it is mandatory that candidate must have master degree and have B.Ed degree from a recognised university.

So, you have to pursue the B.Ed course for it. CTET examination is conducted by CBSE for recruitment as teacher in government school.
31st July 2018, 04:11 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility to become a High School Teacher through MA Degree for BA(Political Science) student?

Other than master degree you must have to pursue B.Ed qualification to appear for PGT examination.

The examination is conducted by CBSE as CTET or by state education board. After qualifying in the examination you will become eligible for recruitment as teacher in government schools.

There is no age limit to appear in examination for CTET. For more information log on www.ctet.nic.in.
31st July 2018, 04:51 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Since, you are concerned about becoming a high school teacher therefore B.Ed (Bachelor of Education) degree is required for must with your regular bachelor degree course irrespective of your highest educational qualification.

So. without having pursued B.Ed degree course. you are not eligible for your recruitment as High School Teacher even having completed your master's degree course. Therefore, for becoming a teacher in a high school, you first need to opt for B.Ed degree course and then you need to qualify TET (Teacher Eligibility Test).
31st July 2018, 11:34 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility for Post Graduate Teacher recruitment examination is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university and have B.Ed course from a recognised university.

There is no age limit to appear for CTET examination which is conducted by CBSE.

So, if you have the required qualification then you will become eligible to appear in examination.
1st August 2018, 12:34 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

CTET and State Teacher Eligibility Test is conducted for recruitment of teacher in government schools.

The eligibility to apply for the PGT recruitment examination is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university. It is mandatory to have B.Ed degree also to appear in examination.

So, if you do not have B.Ed qualification then you have to pursue the course to become eligible for examination. After appearing and qualifying in examination you will become eligible for recruitment as PGT in government schools.
28th December 2020, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

Is Political science a school subject?Do I bed and MA in political science?
2nd April 2022, 01:51 AM
Unregistered

After ba pol science and ma pol science with bed degree can I become a high school teacher
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?