13th February 2011, 09:36 AM
amit sharma45

Eligibility criteria and reference books for Civil Services exams with optional subject Commerce and Public Administration

1.what is the eligibility for appearing in IPS exam?
2.I am a M.com passed and i have selected commerce and public administration an optional subjects,from where i get good books and please suggests some good books

Related Questions:
  1. Study material for preparation for GATE exam? Any free online test series?
  2. Procedure and Required Eligibility criteria to give IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing MCA course? Where can I get the forms to apply for this Exam? Which Books should I refer for this Exam if my subject is Commerce?
  3. Which NCERT books should I refer for optional subjects like History and Public Administration for UPSC exam?
  4. Civil Services Examination Law (Paper II) - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  5. Civil services priliminaries: Examination centre code for patna, public administration optional subject code,educational qualification code for PGDM -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Can a Commerce student study Public Administration at PG level?
  7. Best study material for Pub Admission for CS mains?
  8. Reference books for optional subjects like Psychology, Public Administration, Mathematics and Kannada?
  9. Scope of law in civil service? Which books should I refer?
  10. Civil Services Examination Commerce and Accountancy (Paper II) - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  11. UPPSC books for both papers along with author and publication name? Optional books for History and Public Administration?
  12. Best optional subjects for IAS mains?
  13. Which subjects to choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BA?
  14. Which are the subjects listed in IAS for ECE branch?
  15. How to become an IAS Officer being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year ECE?
  16. How can I become an IPS officer after passing class 12th with Science? -- [New]
  17. Civil Services Examination Commerce and Accountancy (Paper I) - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  18. Which books are better for prelims and mains for Public Administration and Geography optionals?
13th February 2011, 06:30 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria and reference books for Civil Services exams with optional subject Commerce and Public Administration

The eligibility criteria for civil services examination is as under:

Educational Qualification:
Graduation in any stream from a Govt. of India recognized university.

Age Limit:
21-30 years (GEN category)
21-33 years (OBC category)
21-35 years (SC/ST/PD category)

If your age falls in the required limit and you have done M.Com. from a recognized
university, you are surely eligible for the exam.
Any further details is available at UPSC official website.
The notification for the exam will be published on 19th February, 2011 on its official website
and in Employment News and other national dailies.

The list of reference books for your optional subjects is attached with this message.
Find it into the attachments.
10th June 2011, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Eligibility criteria and reference books for Civil Services exams with optional subject Commerce and Public Administration

I have completed my B.Tech and currently doing a nice job. I am very much interested in appearing for the civil service exam. I ll be busy in the day hours and cant resign my job. So how do i need to manage my time? and also give me some tips for smart self study.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?