26th June 2011, 01:52 AM
amitash.sahani

Eligibility to do CFA? Duration to complete CFA and subjects which are included in CFA?

what is the eligibility to do cfa and what is the duration to complete cfa and what are the subjects included in cfa course.

26th June 2011, 04:28 AM
dineshpandiyan

Smile Re: Eligibility to do CFA? Duration to complete CFA and subjects which are included in CFA?

IF you are Joining in CFA you write A CFA exam. There are Three Exams-

Level I, Level II,Level III. CAnadidates who passed in all the three Lvel are

qualified for CFA charter. For further details visit

www.cfainstitute.org
26th June 2011, 08:54 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to do CFA? Duration to complete CFA and subjects which are included in CFA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitash.sahani View Post
what is the eligibility to do cfa and what is the duration to complete cfa and what are the subjects included in cfa course.
Eligibility Requirements :-

Have a U.S. bachelor's (or equivalent) degree
Or
be in the final year of your bachelor degree program at the time of registration
Or
have a four years of qualified, professional work experience
Or
have a combination of work and college experience that totals at least four years

Be prepared to take the exams in English

Effective 1 January 2011: Have a valid international travel passport (required)

CFA is mainly three years duration programme.

all the best.
26th June 2011, 11:30 AM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility to do CFA? Duration to complete CFA and subjects which are included in CFA?

Subject with eligibility-

ICFAI University MBA,CFA,MCA,MS(Finance Program)
1. CHARTERED FINACIAL ANALYLIST (CFA) (for persons having interests in core finance)
(Eligibility: Graduation any discipline)

2. M.B.A. (Specialize in Mktg., Finance, HR, IT and systems, Operations, International Business, Insurance, Banking & Investments)

3. M.C.A. (with Practical Classes) (Eligibility: Graduation any discipline)

4. MS in Insurance, Banking and Accounting (Eligibility: Graduation any discipline)

5. Master Degree Program (Duration – 2 years)

Short term Diploma /Degree Courses: (Duration – 9 months) (Eligibility: Graduation-any discipline)

Special Highlights:
EMI Facility, Quality Courseware, Placement assistance with Blue Chip Companies, Test Centers at all India level, Case Study Advantage, Training Classes, E-Learning Package, Web support on 24*7 basis, Monthly Magazine/Journals, Examination 4 times a year.
26th June 2011, 04:13 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

CFA is a self study programe

it is a 3 stage exam and exams are conducted in

june every year.

so minimum you can do it in 3 yrs straight.

The minimum qualification is a combination

of 4yrs of college education or work
experience,

or a combination of both.

Syllabus includes
economics

financial analysis,

portfolio management,

Ethics.
26th June 2011, 04:43 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Eligibility to do CFA? Duration to complete CFA and subjects which are included in CFA?

Quote:

Eligibility For CFA Entrance

1 Should have a U.S. bachelor's degree or final year candidates can also Eligible for this.
2 Should have a four years of qualified with professional work experience Or have a combination of work and college experience that totals at least four years
3 Meet the professional conduct admission criteria, Be prepared to take the exams in English
4 Have a valid international travel passport (required for enrollment and exam registration)

Duration of the Program

For each exam level, plan on approximately six months of preparation,Successfully complete the three exams sequentially and accumulate 48 months of approved work experience ,Successful candidates take an average of four years to complete the program.

Subjects Includes in CFA Program
25th July 2011, 02:41 AM
Unregistered

i want to know is maths neccary for pursuing the course.in 12th maths was not thier.bcom pass gradtue.so suggest ......is 55 % aggrate neccary to pursue cfa
27th July 2011, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

i want to know is maths neccary for pursuing the course.in 12th maths was not thier.bcom pass gradtue.so suggest ......is 55 % aggrate neccary to pursue cfa
4th August 2011, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

i m a bfm student currently in my s.y., which course should i pursue?
Mba or a cfa
18th September 2011, 05:53 AM
NirkuDon

Hi Sanjay - Could you point me to the current student services website.
Many thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay kumar saini View Post
Subject with eligibility-

ICFAI University MBA,CFA,MCA,MS(Finance Program)
1. CHARTERED FINACIAL ANALYLIST (CFA) (for persons having interests in core finance)

2. M.B.A. (Specialize in Mktg., Finance, HR, IT and systems, Operations, International Business, Insurance, Banking & Investments)

3. M.C.A. (with Practical Classes) (Eligibility: Graduation any discipline)

4. MS in Insurance, Banking and Accounting (Eligibility: Graduation any discipline)

5. Master Degree Program (Duration – 2 years)

Short term Diploma /Degree Courses: (Duration – 9 months) (Eligibility: Graduation-any discipline)

Special Highlights:
EMI Facility, Quality Courseware, Placement assistance with Blue Chip Companies, Test Centers at all India level, Case Study Advantage, Training Classes, E-Learning Package, Web support on 24*7 basis, Monthly Magazine/Journals, Examination 4 times a year.
16th December 2011, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

I have done graduation in b.sc. can i go for cfa course ?can i be exempted from level 1?
18th December 2011, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

please tell me complete detail about CFA-usa course.Its fees structure,exams date, centre,registration procedure, duration.
6th March 2012, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

I M DOING JOB IN BANKING FROM PAST 18 MONTHS. I M RESIDING AT CHANDIGARH. I WANT TO START THIS COURSE PLEASE TELL FROM WHERE IN CHANDIGARH I CAN GATHER KNOWLEDGE ABT THE WHOLE KNOWLEDGE OF CFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
26th March 2012, 07:45 AM
Unregistered

hi friends i am pursuing CA final from india . I have completed 3.5 years of practical training and 4.5 years of theoretical education . Am i eligible to enroll for cfa usa without bcom ? thnxxxx in advance
24th May 2012, 01:07 AM
Unregistered

i am done pgdm in financa,can i able for cfa enters ? my email [email protected]
27th May 2012, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

can i do cfa with b.com after 12th commerce.
9th November 2012, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

which subjet of all is best for present time?
31st March 2013, 12:40 AM
Unregistered

is maths necessary for cfa program
29th May 2013, 12:02 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitash.sahani View Post
ICFA :- Charted Financial Analyst . It's an professional course . The duration of the course is for four years and the course is divided into three levels namely foundation course , Intermediate course , and Final course .

The Preliminary Examination is held four times in years during the month of January / April / July / and October and Intermediate and Final course may be held during the month of January and July .

If your aspiring to apply for CFA course then you should complete 12th standard or equivalent examination in any stream from recognized university . Final year candidates are also eligible to apply for this course . You may require to submit your mark sheet and other evidence then only your eligible to apply for foundation course .

If your complete graduation then you may be directly apply for Intermediate course with apply for foundation course . Final year candidates are also eligible to apply for Intermediate course .

If your qualified in both the foundation and Intermediate course then your eligible to apply for Final course .

Syllabus for CFA course :-

-Financial Accounting
-Quantitative Methods
-Financial Management
-Portfolio Management
-Fixed Income Securities
-Financial Markets
-Financial Statement Analysis
-Economics
-Mutual and other Funds
-Professional Ethics and Case Studies

The Fees structure for CFA is differ from institution to institution . The fees structure for CFA course nearly 50 ,000 to 1,00,000 depends upon the institution.
17th August 2013, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

i am now in degree bcom computers 2nd year am i eligible to do cfa course
16th August 2014, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

I am in 12 th now so can i apply for icfai after it and how many years will it take me to complete the course .can i do both icfai and international cfa
22nd August 2014, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

i am not doing my graduation now i am in ca final .is it necessary for me to do graduation for cfa
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?