22nd January 2011, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for IPS exam after Diploma in Computer science? If not eligible then what else is required for eligibility? Is B.tech possible and it's duration?

hello sir,
am studying diploma in Computer science, can I write I.P.S Exam after my diploma.If its not possible then what should i do? Is B.tech is possible after diploma? how much year it is? please reply me sir.

Related Questions:
  1. Is ISRO offering degree course in physics or astrophysics or Maths? How can I join it? Is there any entrance test for that?
  2. Am I eligible to take up UGC NET exam in Computer Science and Application subject?
  3. Is there any course available to do after completion of diploma in computer science?
  4. Which are the courses offered for BCA course?
  5. Eligibility of joining B.Tech in Aeronautical after studying diploma in Computer Science?
  6. Which Line Should i choose after 12 as i have done non medical? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. What is the eligibility for IPS examination. Can I apply for IPS after completion of diploma degree?
  8. Am I eligible of IPS exam after completion of diploma?
  9. Eligibility to apply for B.Sc Computer science?
  10. Can I take admission in C-DAC course in any institute while continuing my B.Com course?
  11. Can a Diploma in ECE(Regular) and B.Sc(IT) in distance mode sit in IPS exam? Eligibility criteria to sit in IPS exam? -- [New]
  12. What is the eligibility for IPS entrance exam?
  13. Can I get into top colleges of Bangalore for lateral entry into B.E.? Eligibility requirement and course information?
  14. Which exam to attend to study abroad after completing Diploma in Computer Science?
  15. Can I study Master's Degree in Computer Science after completing B.Sc(Computer Science)?
  16. Is a B.Tech Computer Science student eligible to answer IAS entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria of the exam?
  17. What is the eligibility criteria required to do diploma in Electrical engineering?
  18. Can I join BCA in correspondence after completing my 12th Arts? List of the open universities?
22nd January 2011, 11:03 PM
J.SHEELA
Junior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility for IPS exam after Diploma in Computer science? If not eligible then what else is required for eligibility? Is B.tech possible and it's duration?

1degree from any university 2. candidate must be a indian
its possible to do b.tec duration 3 year
22nd January 2011, 11:55 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Default Re: Eligibility for IPS exam after Diploma in Computer science? If not eligible then what else is required for eligibility? Is B.tech possible and it's duration?

No you can not appear for IPS,because basic qualification required is graduation.Diploma is not a graduate qualification.

You can pursue AMIE,B.Tech through lateral entry or you can do job.
Obviously B.Tech is possible after diploma engineering,you have to get admission through lateral entry.It takes 3 years to complete.
23rd January 2011, 12:45 AM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

hello,

Well for applying for IPS exam the eligibility says that it should be a graduate for applying the entrance exam.

As you are doing diploma now,you can directly join engineering through lateral entry in which you will join from direct 2nd year.

After completing your Btech you can write your IPS exam.

All the best!!
23rd January 2011, 01:04 AM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

Sorry, you are not eligible to appear in CSAT(earlier it was called prelims exam), the first phase of civil services exam conducted for recruitment of IPS officers.

The eligibility criteria for CSAT is as follows:
The candidate must hold a bachelors degree in any discipline obtained from a recognised university.

For appearing in CSAT you need to do BTech. There are many colleges which gives admission on lateral basis directly to students holding a diploma certificate in engineering. You are eligible to take admission in these colleges.
23rd January 2011, 09:07 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Sorry you cannot appear for the IPS exam with a Diploma course. You need to first complete your graduation. Since you have completed Diploma you can take a lateral entry i.e. you are eligible to join the second year of engineering directly. You will need to appear for the entrance exam for the same. So you need to wait for another 3 years to appear for the entrance exam. But you must start preparing for the exam right away.
24th January 2011, 12:48 PM
mychandru024

NO, you are not eligible to take up IPS exam. its because you don't have a degree... So,get it and then you can.
3rd February 2011, 08:45 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

Eligibility for IPS exam after Diploma in Computer science
No you can not appear for IPS,because basic qualification required is graduation.Diploma is not a graduate qualification.
You can pursue AMIE,B.Tech through lateral entry or you can do job.
Obviously B.Tech is possible after diploma engineering,you have to get admission through lateral entry.It takes 3 years to complete.

good luck
10th February 2011, 07:58 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

No, You can not apply for IPS exams.

Because to Appear in IPS Examination, you should have complete your Graduation from the recognised Colleges.

Because Graduation is the minimum eligiblity creteria to appear in IPS Examinations.

So, i will suggest you just complete your graduation first, ten you are eligible to appear for IPS exams. So, if you have completed your diploma in Computer science, then you can get admission in b.tech 2nd year through lateral entry schemes.

So, please complete your graduation and get admission in B.tech course through lateral entry, there are manny collges who provide you admission in B.tech 2nd year, through Lateral entry. After completing your graduation you are eligible to apply for IPS Exams conducted by UPSC.
10th February 2011, 08:31 PM
praveenkumar banwa

hello sir.
u r absolutely wrong .for writing ips exam ,the student should complete his graduation in any degrees.diploma is not a graduate .first u have to compete diploma and then u have to complete B.E OF computer SCIENCE in any ENGINEERING college after u can apply for ips exam....
all the best for future...
10th February 2011, 08:32 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Diploma students are not eligible for the CSAT examination conducted by the UPSC board.Only candidates who have completed their Under Graduation course or higher degree courses can apply for this examination.Your age group must be between 21-30 years.

Since you cant go through the CSAT examination after completing your diploma hence its better that you go through exams like IIT/AIEEE and other such state level common entrance tests.Through State level examinations you can get a direct entry into second year in colleges which are under Universities.But,if you got a good score and if you have got selected in Government Universities then you need to study from first year.

So,first complete your under graduation course and then go through the examination.You can get the notification details from the below link

http://www.upsc.gov.in
10th February 2011, 09:10 PM
diego
Banned

The eligibility criteria for UPSC-CSE exam is a
Graduate degree minimum,students in the final year of their
graduation can also apply,on provisional basis provided they present
proof of passing before the MAIN exam.
IPS officers are selected through CSE itself .. you should be in around
200 rank in INDIA to get IPS cadre.
so you can not appear for IPS right now.. you first have to complete your degree
from a recognized college/university..( you can appear in the final yea of the graduation)
Further the age limit for IPS is 21 to 30 years of age(general with 5 years relaxation for obc and not age limit for SC/ST)
you will have to fulfill physical criteria as well.. 165 cm height minimum
Visit::http://www.upsc.gov.in

you can take lateral admission in engineering(B.Tech) at the end of you diploma.
it will take 3 years to complete.
10th February 2011, 10:40 PM
xavi

freind hi,

--->>You can join Indian Police Services(IPS) by qualifying Civil Services examination
which is conducted by UPSC every year.
This year the notification for the exam will come on 19th February,2011 and the
application will remain open till 21st March, 2011.

The application procedure will be available in the notification.
You can either apply online or you can get the application form post office and send
in your application.

The examination is conducted in two stage:
Civil Services Preliminary Examination or Civil Services Aptitude Test(CSAT)
This a common exam based on General Studies, comprehension skill, verbal and
quantitative aptitude and communication skills.

Main Examination and Personal interview
Those who qualify Preliminary round appear for Main examination.
Those who qualify Main examination are called for Interview.
The marks of Main examination and Interview are sum up to prepare the final merit list.
The Main examination comprise of following papers.
Essay type Indian Language Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
English Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
General Essay type paper (200 marks)
General Studies(Paper-I&II 300 marks each)
Optional subject-I(Paper-I&II 300 marks each)
Optional subject-II(Paper-I&II 300 marks each)

Interview: 300 marks.

The eligibility criteria for the same is
Graduation degree in any stream from a recognised university
Age Limit:
21-30(GEN)
21-33(OBC)
21-35(SC/ST/PD)

For more information visit: http://www.upsc.gov.in/

all the best
10th February 2011, 11:50 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Eligibility for IPS exam after Diploma in Computer science? If not eligible then what else is required for eligibility? Is B.tech possible and it's duration?

Quote:
hello sir,
am studying diploma in Computer science, can I write I.P.S Exam after my diploma.If its not possible then what should i do? Is B.tech is possible after diploma? how much year it is? please reply me sir.
No, For now you can't Write IPS Exam because you don't full fill the Eligibility Criteria, because to become ips Officer you need to crack Civil Service Exam and to write Civil Service Exam a guy need to have Graduation as a Educational Qualification.......

And you don't have enough Qualification , First you should complete your graduation and Yes friend,It is possible to have B.tech after diploma in science. You can join directly in 2nd year through Lateral Entry Scheme.

Lateral Entry scheme is available in most of the College But not all.

After acquiring Graduation, then apply for IPS exam... ....
10th February 2011, 11:52 PM
shiraj
Senior Member+

Hi,

well up to my knowledge i think only graduates are allowed to sit for this exam.The minimum eligibility criteria is a graduate.You can first plan to go for graduation and then you can go for I.P.S exam.
11th February 2011, 07:03 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Eligibility for IPS exam after Diploma in Computer science? If not eligible then what else is required for eligibility? Is B.tech possible and it's duration?

Hi

The minimum education qualification required for the IPS exam is graduation.
Since you are doing diploma so you are not eligible to apply for the IPS exam.
You can apply for the IPS exam only after the completion of your graduation.

After Diploma ?

Since you are doing diploma in computer science and you are interested in IPS exam. So the best choice for you is to do B.Tech after the completion of your diploma.
After the completion of your engineering you are eligible to apply for the IPS exam and also many job opportunities are also available for you after the completion of your engineering like JTO in BSNL, CDS, UES, and many more jobs.

The eligibility criteria for the B.Tech course after the diploma is given below:

The candidate who have completed their diploma course and want to take admission in engineering college for B.Tech course then they are directly admitted in second year.

The different technical institutes have different criteria of admission. Some of the institute will take entrance test and some of the institutes will select candidates on the basis of merit list.

So in order to apply for the IAS exam the best option for you is to do engineering and after the completion of your engineering you are eligible for the IAS exam.

GOOD LUCK
11th February 2011, 08:52 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

according to me you are not eligible for the IPS exam as only graduates are allowed to appear in the exam
so you can do the Btech after diploma through lateral entry which is of 3 years
and then yo can apply for the IPS exam conducted by the UPSC......
14th June 2011, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i have done MBBS. am i eligible for the IPS EXAM .if not what subject i should choose to go for ips.
19th September 2011, 04:30 PM
now what can i do now?

Unhappy Re: Eligibility for IPS exam after Diploma in Computer science? If not eligible then what else is required for eligibility? Is B.tech possible and it's duration?

xsygs6y xz98x
Quote:
Originally Posted by mini rani View Post
hi!

Sorry, you are not eligible to appear in CSAT(earlier it was called prelims exam), the first phase of civil services exam conducted for recruitment of IPS officers.

The eligibility criteria for CSAT is as follows:
The candidate must hold a bachelors degree in any discipline obtained from a recognised university.

For appearing in CSAT you need to do BTech. There are many colleges which gives admission on lateral basis directly to students holding a diploma certificate in engineering. You are eligible to take admission in these colleges.
15th October 2011, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

can amie cleared candidate apply for ips
3rd March 2012, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

Can i apply for an IPS after havin b.tech degree in computer science
i hv heard that students having b.tech degree in computer science are not eligible for IAS or IPS xam..is it true sir..
2nd April 2012, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for IPS exam after Diploma in Electronics and communication. If not eligible then what else is required for eligibility? Is B.sc Correspondence is possible and it's duration?
8th April 2012, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am a student of B.Sc. in Information Technology in lateral Entry scheme of Punjab Technical University, am i eligible to appear for UPSC exam.
14th April 2012, 03:59 AM
Unregistered

I HAVE COMPLETE MY AMIE. I CAN APPLIED IPS.
25th June 2012, 10:16 AM
Unregistered

sir
how many % in graduation to appear IPS examination.
25th June 2012, 11:53 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

IPS eligibility criteria:-

To give this exam you need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university. If you are appearing for the final year then also you are eligible to apply for this exam.

Your age should be between 21-30 years.

There is relaxation for the SC/ST/OBC category.

The selection procedure includes preliminary exam, main exam and personal interview.

At the most you can give this exam for four times.

Minimum height for male is 165 cm and for female it is 150 cm.
Chest size for male should be minimum 84 cm, expandable upto 5cm. In case of female it is 79cm, expandable upto 5cm.

Eye:- 6/12 or 6/9 distant vision for worse eye and 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye.

For more information please log onto this website:- www.upsc.gov.in
25th June 2012, 04:01 PM
kutti.29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir
how many % in graduation to appear IPS examination.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Diploma students are not eligible for the CSAT examination conducted by the UPSC board.
The IPS exam is conducted by the UPSC every year. Since you are a diploma holder student so you are not eligible for the IPS exam. The minimum eligibility criteria for the IAS exam is graduation. So you can apply for the IPS exam after the completion of your graduation.

The detailed eligibility criteria for the IAS exam is given below.

Education Qualification
Candidates who have completed there graduation are eligible to apply for the IPS exam.

Candidates who have appeared in the final year exam are also eligible to appear for the IPS exam.

AGE LIMIT
Candidates having the minimum age 21 years and maximum age 30 years are eligible to appear for the IPS exam.

Physical Standard
The physical standard required for the IPS exam is given below:

Height:
Minimum height required for men is 165 cm

Minimum height required for women is 150 cm

There is a relaxation in height for SC/ST,OBC,Gorkhas, Garhwalias, Assamese, Kumaonis, Nagaland Tribals etc. candidates for men it is 160cm and for women it is 145 cm.

So the above eligibility criteria is required for the IPS exam.

[/FONT]

The eligibility criteria for the B.Tech course after the diploma is given below:

The candidate who have completed their diploma course and want to take admission in engineering college for B.Tech course then they are directly admitted in second year.

The different technical institutes have different criteria of admission. Some of the institute will take entrance test and some of the institutes will select candidates on the basis of merit list.

So in order to apply for the IAS exam the best option for you is to do engineering and after the completion of your engineering you are eligible for the IAS exam.

GOOD LUCK

21st May 2015, 01:50 PM
sunny5522

No you can't appear for IPS exam because minimum qualification required is graduation. Diploma engineering is not graduate course.
You opt for Btech through lateral entry.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?