3rd March 2019, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility and procedure to join Officer Training Academy (CDS OTA)?

Respected Sir, I belong to the Commerce stream studying B.Com under Mumbai University. Am I eligible for the Officer Training Academy (CDS OTA)? How to apply for it? Is there any entrance? Please, share syllabus and past year solved papers.

6th March 2019, 05:11 AM
bokoma
Member+

Default Re: Eligibility and procedure to join Officer Training Academy (CDS OTA)?

The basic eligibility for joining in OTA are as follows
1.Graduate from any recognised university
2.Age should be between 19 to 25 years
3.physical standards as per the requirement
To get admission in OTA the candidate has to clear CDS exam which is conducted twice a year.Once clearing the exam will make the candidates eligible for interview.After clearing interview the candidate will be absorbed into OTA,Chennai for training.
With regards.
6th March 2019, 09:53 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility and procedure to join Officer Training Academy (CDS OTA)?

To join Officer's Training Academy (OTA) you are required to qualify CDS ( Combined Defense Services ) held by UPSC twice every year.

Further, the minimum eligibility required to appear in CDS entrance examination for joining OTA are as below :-

i) You must be an Indian citizen.

ii) Your age must lie in between 20 years to 25 years.

iii) You must have completed your graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

iv) You must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

So, being a student of B.Com degree, you are eligible to join OTA wing of CDS as per the educational requirement for same is concerned.

For details regarding the syllabus, past year papers, or procedure to apply for the same examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
19th August 2020, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

Sir, what does the physical fitness as per the service requirements mean?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?