1st June 2018, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to join Officers Training Academy, Chennai (OTA)?

How to join Officers Training Academy, Chennai (OTA)? What all are the educational requirements? Also, let me know if I need to fulfill any other conditions apart from academic qualification.

3rd June 2018, 08:51 PM
stutiswet2

Default Re: Procedure to join Officers Training Academy, Chennai (OTA)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How to join Officers Training Academy, Chennai (OTA)? What all are the educational requirements? Also, let me know if I need to fulfill any other conditions apart from academic qualification.
You have to give CDS entrance exam to get admission in Officers Training Academy, Chennai. CDS stands for Combined Defence Services and it is conducted by UPSC. Firstly, you will have to qualify written exam conducted by them and qualify SSB Interview to get admission.
4th June 2018, 11:34 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

To join OTA ( Officer Training Academy ) you have to appear and qualify in Combined Defence Service.

The examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted twice n a year and candidates passed bachelor degree are eligible to appear for examination.

Age limit is 19-25 years and only unmarried candidates are eligible to appear for examination.

You have to appear and qualify in both stages Written and SSB for final selection. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
5th June 2018, 02:37 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

OTA refers to Officer's Training Academy and it is one of the four wings of CDS ( Combined Defense Services ) for joining which you need to qualify CDS entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

--> The minimum qualifications required for joining OTA are as here under :-

* You must hold the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 20 years to 25 years.

* You must have completed your bachelor degree course in any discipline from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of their bachelor degree are also eligible.

* You must hold the physical and mental fitness as per the service requirement norms.

For more details and updates regarding OTA and CDS entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in
5th June 2018, 04:54 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

OTA stands for Officer's Training Academy and to join it candidates have to appear and qualify in CDS examination conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

The minimum educational qualification is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit for OTA is 19-25 years and also bachelor degree in any discipline are eligible to appear for examination.

The examination will be conducted in two stages as :-

Written.

Service Selection Board.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?