27th September 2018, 10:52 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to secure CBSE Intermediate Humanities admission for 23 years old 10th candidate with 8 years gap?

Sir, I have done my 10th around 8 years ago from CBSE Board. But due to some reason, I was unable to continue my education. Now, I want to join Intermediate course with Humanities stream. I am 23 years of age. I would like to know that I am eligible to secure admission with CBSE Board?

29th September 2018, 10:16 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to secure CBSE Intermediate Humanities admission for 23 years old 10th candidate with 8 years gap?

1. There is no upper age limit defined by Central Board of Secondary Education for pursuing 12th from this board. Those who are interested can do 12th at any age. You are eligible to secure admission in CBSE intermediate at age of 23 years after 8 years gap.

2. The criteria required is that candidate should be 10th passed from a recognized board to do higher secondary from CBSE.
30th September 2018, 07:02 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to secure CBSE Intermediate Humanities admission for 23 years old 10th candidate with 8 years gap?

The eligibility for CBSE 11 standard admission:

>>Candidate must have passed 10th standard examination from a recognized central or state board of India.

This is the sole requirement for CBSE 11th standard. It clearly means that you are eligible for 11th standard after 8 years of academic gap at age of 23 years. There is no upper age limit set by board for high school or higher secondary education.
30th September 2018, 08:58 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

For taking admission in higher secondary school degree i.e; intermediate degree across any CBSE school or schools affiliated to other recognized board of education, the only qualification required is a secondary school degree i.e; Class 10th passed from a recognized board of education.

So, having completed your Class 10th 8 years ago, you are eligible for getting admission schools affiliated to CBSE for your higher secondary school degree studies.

Further, one thing I would like to let you know that few schools have some age criteria or other criteria for offering admission in their institutes so you might not be able to satisfy their particular eligibility conditions but that does not mean that you cannot continue your further studies with any other school affiliated to CBSE.
30th September 2018, 10:42 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The eligibility criteria for CBSE Higher secondary board examination:

Academic qualification: High school passed from a recognized board.

Age limit: There is no upper age limit.

You can get admission 11th standard in Humanities stream being 23 years old candidate with 8 years gap.
30th September 2018, 05:23 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Education is much needed in present scenario. The level of education is judged through grades and standard.

~~That's why there is no upper age limit for secondary, senior secondary or bachelor's degree.

~~You should be 10th passed from a recognized board to apply for CBSE 12th course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?