2nd October 2018, 01:26 AM
Puritan

Eligibility to study MSc(Food Technology) for BSc(Biotechnology) student?

Hello friends, one of my brother is studying BSc in Biotechnology. He wants to study MSc in Food Technology. I would like to know about that is he eligible to study MSc with Food Technology? Waiting for your response!

5th October 2018, 01:23 AM
Subjectexpert

Default Re: Eligibility to study MSc(Food Technology) for BSc(Biotechnology) student?

M.Sc. In Food technology is post graduate course. It is offered by many private as well as government institutes.

CFTRI is reputed Government funded institute offering M.Sc. Food technology. It takes admission through entrance examination.

Eligibility criteria for CFTRI is-

i) Bachelor’s Degree in Science / Agriculture / Engineering / Technology.

ii) Minimum Marks Requirement

Degree
55% (General / OBC students / Defence Personnel) and 50% (SC/ST students) in the Degree Examination.

Entrance Test
Minimum 50 marks (General / OBC students / Defence personnel) and 45 marks (SC/ST students) in the Entrance Examination.

ii) Final selection will be done after giving Equal weight-age of 50% out of the marks scored in degree as well as in Entrance Examination.

All India Merit list will be Prepared according to this process, subject to reservation.

Eligibility criteria may vary for different universities, He is definitely eligible for admission to CFTRI.
7th October 2018, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Eligibility to study MSc(Food Technology) for BSc(Biotechnology) student?

I am pursuing Bachelor of Vocation in Food Processing & Management. Am I eligible for M.Sc Food Technology in CFTRI
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?