25th June 2018, 08:43 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study PhD(Chemistry) for MSc(Applied Chemistry) student?

Hello, I am interested to study PhD in Chemistry. Right now, I am studying MSc in Applied Chemistry. Kindly let me know that am I eligible to do PhD in Chemistry after my this MSc? Please let me know immediately.

30th June 2018, 02:51 AM
xJhinukx

Default Re: Eligibility to study PhD(Chemistry) for MSc(Applied Chemistry) student?

It is indeed possible to pursue PhD in applied chemistry and a wonderful career option. The duration of the course is three years (extendable up to 5 years in some cases) and the minimum eligibility criterion for admission is 50% marks at Post Graduate. The admission to PhD will be either entrance based or on the basis of merit.
But one thing I'd like to tell you, PhD in applied chemistry is not possible by cracking NET JRF because it only permits organic , inorganic, and physical chemistry researches. So you need to get yourself admitted either via merit basis or entrance exam. You can try at different private universities.
30th June 2018, 02:38 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study PhD(Chemistry) for MSc(Applied Chemistry) student?

Eligibility to study Ph.D (Chemistry) for M.Sc (Applied Chemistry) student are:-
Candidate must have passed Post-Graduation in any discipline with at least 55% aggregate from any UGC recognized university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?