30th November 2010, 01:30 AM
Shilpa Mandal

Eligilibility for a medical student in Indian Navy having eye sight of -2.0D and -2.05D in right and left eye respectively

I am a medical student and aspire to join Indian Navy. My eye sight is -2.0 D for the right eye and -2.05 D for the left eye. Am I eligible to join the indian navy?

6th December 2010, 04:56 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligilibility for a medical student in Indian Navy having eye sight of -2.0D and -2.05D in right and left eye respectively

The minimum acceptable vision standard for distant vision 6/12, 6/12 correctable to 6/6, 6/6 with glasses. Should not be color/night blind.

i donot know about D rating in eye sight compare with above if you can..

and it is same for all whether medical side or technical side....
7th December 2010, 09:33 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Default Re: Eligilibility for a medical student in Indian Navy having eye sight of -2.0D and -2.05D in right and left eye respectively

Hi,

You can join Indian Navy through AFMC Cadet Entry
(MBBS course after which commission is granted in AMC)
The Qualifications neede are

1. 10+2 with PCB securing not less than 60% of aggregate marks together and not less than 50% in any of these subjects.
OR
2. BSc

As fas as your eyesight is concerned you are OK as the maximum limit is -3.5D.

All The Best.
24th June 2011, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

hi dis is dinesh,
my eye sight is -4.25. Is i am eligible in Indian Navy for technical post? I have interview for SSB position.can any one tel may i eligible?my qualification is Mechanacal.
17th July 2011, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

i am persuing b-tech.my eye sight is -2.0(both eyes).am i eligible for indian army?
1st September 2011, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

I am Dhanunjay from visakhapatnam, i called for (TGC) -114 ssb interview bangalore on 15th sep 2011.I just completed my Btech in mechanical engineering.

I have some querie please clarify it,
Actually just i fill up online application form but i did not send any documents to the ssb board even i got a call up letter from ssb bangalore. Is it possible to call?

I have eye sight which is corrected with spectacles. And the power is for right
eye distance vision 2.75 and for left eye distance vision 2.00. Is it sufficiant
to participate in ssb interview? am i eligible to attend for an ssb interview?

i am waiting for your reply.......
28th September 2011, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

hi .i am shyam my sight is -3.5 in both eyes .im studying btech.am i eligible to indian navy ......
5th October 2011, 12:58 AM
Unregistered

hi i m aryan i have to ask a simple question that can i join indian navy after 12th n my subject are zoology,botany,physics and chemistry....and i m preparing 4 MBBS so can i join indin navy
23rd November 2011, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

I am pursuing B.Tech in naval architecture.i have an eyesight of -2 D in both the eyes....am i eligible to join Indian navy under university entrance scheme.I would also like to know the limit for a myopic eye sight
23rd November 2011, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

I have an eye sight of -2 D in both the eyes....am i eligible to join Indian navy under UES scheme.I would also like to know the limit for a myopic eye sight
23rd December 2011, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

In my eyes there is spect of number 1.75 so what can i do i want to become a NDA OFFICER
24th December 2011, 03:32 AM
Unregistered

my eye sight is 2.5 and 2.0 in right and left eye can i join navy in NDA
31st December 2011, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

My eye sight is -2.75. can I appear for MBBS even if my eye sight is poor?
19th January 2012, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

sir/ iam abhijith.a.s i have a big scar in my body am i eligible for ssr in navy
22nd January 2012, 01:26 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Indian Navy is one of the renowned as well as a respected jobs of the Government of India.

There are two chances every year for you. Generally, examination is held twice a year in the months of June and December every year.

They recruit through a entrance exam named Short Service Commission(SSC).

Eligibility Criteria :-

Nationality : Indian.

Marital Status : Unmarried.

Educational Qualifications :

i)You should pass the 12th or equivalent with Science and Mathematics with 60% or above marks in aggregate and optional as Chemistry or Biology or Computer Science.

ii)You should pass B.Sc in Physics, Mathematics or Electronics with minimum 60% marks.
or
iii)You should pass BE or B.Tech with minimum 65% marks in aggregate in any discipline from any institution recognized by AICTE.
or
iv)You should have M. Sc in Physics, Mathematics or Electronics with minimum 55% marks.

Age Limits :19.5 to 25 years as the examination time.

Physical Standards:-

Height: Minimum 157 cm

Eye standard: Without glasses better eye 6/6 and worse 6/9

Color perception: CP II

The eligible candidates will be called up for Service Selection Board (SSB) based on their educational intelligence in graduation.

Exam Procedure
:
The eligible candidates are called for the written examination of objective-type of 75 minutes which includes:

i)General Science

ii)Mathematics

iii)General Knowledge

iv)General English.
7th February 2012, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

sir,my eye sight is -2.75 can i join for indian coast gaurd/domestic branch?
14th July 2012, 12:59 AM
Unregistered

Jai Hind ! I am in final year of B.E (Power Electronics) & want to apply as an Technical officer in Navy. I am having -5.75 D eye sight which is correctable to 6/6 with glasses. Am i elligible for the said post?
9th September 2012, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

sir i have selected for indian navy as officer, medical rejaction for eyesight with -2 and -1.75. till what extent i have to reduse my eye sight. in this 30 days. and how can i , please guide.
14th November 2013, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

Sir, if any one have eye sight more than the requirement for ssb, there is any time given by board to cure by operation, or have to do before the stage1. Plz tell me the procedure
20th November 2016, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

Can I pass medical exam for the post of SSR my left eye is -0.5&right eye is -0.25
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?