8th June 2019, 06:52 PM
Torsha Chatterjee

Enquiry about IIT Kanpur dual M.Sc and PhD program in Physics

I have learnt that in dual M.Sc PhD program in IIT Kanpur the student gets his M.Sc and PhD degree together only after completing the entire 5 year course under this program where the first 2 years M.Sc studies are done and then by clearing the cut off required one can continue with his PhD studies here. My question is if one fails to clear the cut off required for continuing with the PhD course after the 2 year M.Sc course will he be fired from the institute without being awarded with his M.Sc degree? Is there any option left for him then?

21st June 2019, 12:37 PM
soumyadipghosh
Senior Member+

Default Re: Enquiry about IIT Kanpur dual M.Sc and PhD program in Physics

In dual degree course you have to complete your M.sc and Phd degree in the same institute. If you leave the institute after completing your M.sc degree the Institute does not provide you any certificate. You will be considered as a graduate. And there is no cut off in dual degree programme.At first you have to complete your m.sc degree then the authority automatically give an addmission in Phd.with out publishing any cut off of previous course. I am a student of Physics from Vidyasagar University. I have so many friends are pursuing their masters course in IITs and IISCs
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?