21st January 2011, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

Entrance exams for master degree in architecture after B.Tech. in Civil Engineering

Iam sudheer kumar reddy.B. Iam doing my III b.tech in civil engineering.Iam very much interested in architecture. But unfortunately I wasn't aware of B.arch ,(the entrance exam for architecture degree program)during my intermediate . After joining in my b.tech i came to know about B.arch.
Now i want to fulfill my desire by doing my master degree in architecture.But upto my knowledge I came to know that It's impossible to do my master degree in architecture.Please tell me the possible ways to fulfill my desire.

But i really wanted to be established in architecture field.Please tell me the details of universities which are offering the master degree in architecture with my qualifications.

22nd January 2011, 06:51 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Entrance exams for master degree in architecture after B.Tech. in Civil Engineering

hi...
actually there is one college in my knowledge which gives master degree in architecture even for civil engineers.
its SCHOOL OF PLANNING AND ARCHITECTURE ,NEW DELHI
there is no entrance exam ,but you will be called for an interview and gate qualified students will also be provided stipend
the website is www.spa.ac.in
all the best
2nd February 2011, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Entrance exams for master degree in architecture after B.Tech. in Civil Engineering

i want to m.arch after be in civil engg..
4th February 2011, 12:25 AM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Iam sudheer kumar reddy.B. Iam doing my III b.tech in civil engineering.Iam very much interested in architecture. But unfortunately I wasn't aware of B.arch ,(the entrance exam for architecture degree program)during my intermediate . After joining in my b.tech i came to know about B.arch.
Now i want to fulfill my desire by doing my master degree in architecture.But upto my knowledge I came to know that It's impossible to do my master degree in architecture.Please tell me the possible ways to fulfill my desire.

But i really wanted to be established in architecture field.Please tell me the details of universities which are offering the master degree in architecture with my qualifications.
architecture r not offered in many collages but some of them which offered
r
iits,nit
just try to clear out ur gate exam u will surely get a good collage in architecture
15th February 2011, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

i am krishna studying 2nd b.tech.i am very much interested in studying architecture.but due to certain circumstances i am unable to study.is there any chance to fulfill my desire after b.tech?pls reply me also are there any colleges offering architecture after b.tech?pls reply me.
5th March 2011, 04:21 PM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

Entrance exams for master degree in architecture after B.Tech. in Civil Engineering
actually there is one college in my knowledge which gives master degree in architecture even for civil engineers.
its SCHOOL OF PLANNING AND ARCHITECTURE ,NEW DELHI
there is no entrance exam ,but you will be called for an interview and gate qualified students will also be provided stipend
the website is
www.spa.ac.in

good luck
23rd June 2011, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare for ies exam i m student of b.tech civil 2nd year
8th July 2011, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

plz tell about the entranceexams for master degree in architecture after b.tech in civil
30th August 2011, 08:27 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

hey i'm in d same boat as u are....but i've found a rather satisfyin solution for d problem...ping me back if u are intrestd
4th December 2011, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

HELLO RESPECTED SIR/MADAM,
I AM DOING MY B.TECH DEGREE IN CIVIL ENGINEERING AT SRM UNIVERSITY AND I NEED TO KNOW THAT WHETHER I HAVE POSSIBILITY OF DOING M.ARCH.
BASICALLY I AM INTERESTED IN INTERIOR DESIGN SO IF DOESNT HAVE POSSIBILITY ALSO,SUGGEST ME FOR MASTER IN INETERIOR DESIGN AND THE BEST COLLEGES/UNIVERSITIES FOR IT.
17th February 2012, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

HELLO
iam doing my B.TECH in civil eng. i need to know that whether i have possibilities of doing M.ARCH
21st February 2012, 08:25 PM
sreelu..

Wink Re: Entrance exams for master degree in architecture after B.Tech. in Civil Engineering

im interested..pls give me that satisfying solution..
21st February 2012, 08:36 PM
sreelu..

Wink Re: Entrance exams for master degree in architecture after B.Tech. in Civil Engineering

im interested..pls give me that satisfying solution..
22nd February 2012, 10:57 AM
chandler8161

The GATE examination consists of a single paper of 3 hours duration, which contains 65 questions carrying a maximum of 100 marks. The question paper consists of only multiple choice objective questions each having four choices for the answer. Out of 65 questions, 55 are based on candidate's chosen specialization or branch, while remaining 10 are to test his/her general aptitude.
[edit]Eligibility

The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear in GATE:
Bachelor degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
Master degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/ Technology or in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master degree programme and Dual Degree programme in Engineering/ Technology.
Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognised by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by IE(I), AMICE(I) by the Institute of Civil Engineers (India)-ICE(I)[1]) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
[edit]GATE Score

Each candidate appearing in the exam is issued a GATE score along with an All India Rank(AIR) which is the basis for admissions to various institutes. The GATE score is calculated using a specific formula, where the marks obtained by the candidate, average of marks of all candidates in that paper, standard deviation of marks of all candidates in that paper, global average of marks of all candidates in last 2 years and the standard deviation (global) of marks of all candidates in last 2 years are considered. The GATE score is set to zero if the value calculated by the formula is less than zero and the GATE score is set to 1000 if the value calculated by the formula is more than 1000.
GATE Score is calculated using the formula
Where
m = marks obtained by the candidate.
a = average of marks of all candidates who appeared in the paper mentioned on this scorecard in GATE for that year
S = standard deviation of marks of all candidates who appeared in the paper mentioned on this scorecard in GATE for that year
ag= global average of marks of all candidates who appeared across all papers and years
sg= global standard deviation of marks of all candidates who appeared across all papers and years
GATE score remains valid for up to One year from the date of issue.
[edit]Qualifying Score
A candidate is said to have qualified the exam if he/she has secured a minimum number of marks called Qualifying Score.The qualifying score for general category in each paper is (a + s) or 25, whichever is higher, where a and s are the average and standard deviation of marks of all candidates in a particular paper, with all marks less than zero, converted to zero.
22nd February 2012, 10:58 AM
chandler8161

The GATE examination consists of a single paper of 3 hours duration, which contains 65 questions carrying a maximum of 100 marks. The question paper consists of only multiple choice objective questions each having four choices for the answer. Out of 65 questions, 55 are based on candidate's chosen specialization or branch, while remaining 10 are to test his/her general aptitude.
[edit]Eligibility

The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear in GATE:
Bachelor degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
Master degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/ Technology or in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master degree programme and Dual Degree programme in Engineering/ Technology.
Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognised by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by IE(I), AMICE(I) by the Institute of Civil Engineers (India)-ICE(I)[1]) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
[edit]GATE Score

Each candidate appearing in the exam is issued a GATE score along with an All India Rank(AIR) which is the basis for admissions to various institutes. The GATE score is calculated using a specific formula, where the marks obtained by the candidate, average of marks of all candidates in that paper, standard deviation of marks of all candidates in that paper, global average of marks of all candidates in last 2 years and the standard deviation (global) of marks of all candidates in last 2 years are considered. The GATE score is set to zero if the value calculated by the formula is less than zero and the GATE score is set to 1000 if the value calculated by the formula is more than 1000.
GATE Score is calculated using the formula
Where
m = marks obtained by the candidate.
a = average of marks of all candidates who appeared in the paper mentioned on this scorecard in GATE for that year
S = standard deviation of marks of all candidates who appeared in the paper mentioned on this scorecard in GATE for that year
ag= global average of marks of all candidates who appeared across all papers and years
sg= global standard deviation of marks of all candidates who appeared across all papers and years
GATE score remains valid for up to One year from the date of issue.
[edit]Qualifying Score
A candidate is said to have qualified the exam if he/she has secured a minimum number of marks called Qualifying Score.The qualifying score for general category in each paper is (a + s) or 25, whichever is higher, where a and s are the average and standard deviation of marks of all candidates in a particular paper, with all marks less than zero, converted to zero.
2nd June 2012, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

can i do my masters in architecture after doing my bachelors in civil?
11th October 2012, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

can i do my masters in architecture after doing my bachelors in civil?
please tell me when entrance form is available for doin b.arch??
14th October 2012, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

can i do my masters .in townplanning after civil engineering please tell me .and what will the duration
25th April 2014, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

I want to do B.Arch after B.E. in civil engineering. without clear GATE exam?
27th October 2014, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

am doing b.tech in civil engineering can read m.arch after b.tech...then when the forms avilable for it .....what r theclg providing m.arch..... please suggest which is nearer to odisha ........ples msg 2 my no.8763714025 am-.joy
7th September 2015, 01:52 AM
Unregistered

I AM DOING MY BTECH 2ND YEAR IN CIVIL
I WANT TO DO MASTER OF ARCHITECTURE ABROAD .
IS IT POSSIBLE OR NOT
IF POSSSIBLE WHAT SHOULD I DO FOR THAT
8th February 2016, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

How can I get admission for M arch for 2016 Batch.I have civil Engg first class degree. Date Feb 8
19th May 2016, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

Is there any good scope in doing M.ARCH after B.TECH in civil engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?