4th June 2010, 07:29 PM
adnan siddiqui

Entry options to join Indian Airforce after BE in Civil Engineering?

sir i'm in B.E third year civil engg. so how i can join the indian airforce ?&what are the entry options to join?what exams i have to pass?what are the eligibility criteria? plz reply me on my mail id. It is humbly request to you sir thank you

4th June 2010, 11:35 PM
jicks

Default Re: Entry options to join Indian Airforce after BE in Civil Engineering?

Hi,

Log on www.indianairforce.nic.in for detailed information, selection procedure, eligibility, medical standards, recruitment, FAQ, pay scale, syllabus, model question paper and all.

Regards
5th June 2010, 08:13 AM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Entry options to join Indian Airforce after BE in Civil Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnan siddiqui View Post
sir i'm in B.E third year civil engg. so how i can join the indian airforce ?&what are the entry options to join?what exams i have to pass?what are the eligibility criteria? plz reply me on my mail id. It is humbly request to you sir thank you
Hi
Recruitment of Officers in Air force-
Recruitment of Commissioned Officers in the Armed Forces is mainly through the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
The UPSC holds an all-India competitive examination, known as the Combined Defence Services Examination (CDSE), twice a year. University graduates are eligible to appear in the examination. Successful candidates join the respective training academies, viz., the Indian Military Academy (IMA) for the Army, the Naval Academy for the Navy and the Air Force Academy for the Air Force.

Short Service Commission (Technical) Entry Scheme

The Short Service Commission (Technical) Entry Scheme envisages recruitment of qualified technical graduates through the SSBs, to attend the Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, after medical tests, for a 10 months course. On completion of training at the OTA, successful candidates are inducted as Short Service Commissioned Officers in the technical branches of the Army.

Recruitment through NCC

University graduates possessing NCC ‘C’ Certificate with minimum ‘B’ grading and 50% marks in graduation are inducted in the Navy and Air Force as Regular Commissioned Officers and as Short Service Commission Officers in the Army. These graduates are exempted from appearing in the CDSE conducted by the UPSC and are selected through the SSBs.

Recruitment of Other Ranks (OR) in Army, Navy, & Airforce

Recruitment of Airmen to the Air Force is done through the Central Airmen Selection Board, located at the Air Force Station, New Delhi . There are 13 selection centres under this Board.

If you want more information on this then check out this site.
http://www.freshersworld.com/defence/careers_explain.htm
Good luck
5th June 2010, 11:11 AM
help100%

Look here is the selection procedure of air personnels in Indian air force .They are as follows:

Designed to pick out the very best, our four-step selection procedure is scientific and thorough. You can be a part of Air Force family going through this process and proving your mettle. If you are wondering what this process involves, here is the selection procedure steps below:-
Step 1 – Scrutiny of Applications
Step 2 – Testing Officer Like Qualities
Step 3 – Conducting of Medical Examinations
Step 4 – Preparing All India Merit List

Step 1 -Scrutiny of Applications
The selection procedure begins immediately after you send your application forms to us. All application forms are first checked for eligibility after which you will receive a call letter with further instructions. For detailed information on how to apply,
If seek entry into the Flying Branch through the NDA or CDSE, your applications need to be sent to UPSC, New Delhi. UPSC conducts a written test twice a year in April & August (NDA) and April & September (CDSE). Advertisements for the examinations are released about six months in advance. Qualifying in these exams take you to step two. If you apply for Short Service Commission Flying (Pilot) or as an NCC Senior Division ‘C’ Certificate holder, your application is processed by Air HQ and call letter issued by AFSBs.
If your have applied to the Technical Branch you will be required to appear the Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT). Similarly, for non tech ground duty branches, you would require to appear for a Common Entrance Test (CET). If you pass the EKT/CET, you move to the next step.

Step 2 - Testing Officer Like Qualities
If you have successfully cleared Step 1, you will receive a call letter to report to any one of the Air Force Selection Boards located at Dehradun,Varanasi and Mysore. At the Air Force Selection Boards, you undergo a number of psychological tests, an interview and group activities, which are collectively called the Officer Like Qualities (OLQ) Tests. These tests are designed to gauge your potential and suitability as an officer in the Armed Forces.
• The Psychological Tests are written tests that are conducted by a Psychologist.
• The Group Tests are interactive indoor and outdoor tests. We expect active physical participation from you.
• The Interview involves a personal conversation with our Interviewing Officer.
These tests will be explained to you in detail before they are conducted at the Selection Board.
The following is the schedule for OLQ Tests:
Schedule Flying Branch Technical Branch Ground Duty Branch
Day 1 Pilot Aptitude Battery Test*
(Phase I)** Intelligence Tests/ Psychological Tests
(Phase I)** Intelligence Tests/ Psychological Tests
(Phase I)**
Day 2 Phase I & Psychological Tests Group tests Group tests
Day 3 Group tests Group tests Group tests
Day 4 Group tests Interview Interview
Day 5 Interview Conference Conference
Day 6 Conference

* Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) is a unique test. It is aimed at assessing a candidate’s aptitude to be trained as a pilot. PABT is being used as an independent selection device to induct potential officers into Flying Branch of Indian Air Force. PABT comprises three tests viz Instrument Battery Test (INSB), Sensory Motor Apparatus Test (SMA) and Control Velocity Test (CVT). Instrument Battery Test (INSB) is a paper pencil test and other two are machine tests. The Instruments Battery Test (INSB) comprises two parts. This test assesses assimilation of the briefing and the ability of an individual to read and interpret the dials of an instrument panel of an aircraft. The candidates who score the minimum laid down criteria are subjected to the machine test. The machine test includes Sensory Motor Apparatus Test (SMA) and Control Velocity Test (CVT). These tests measure the psychomotor co-ordination skill of the individual. These tests are conducted on a single day and administered only once in life time.
** Phase I of testing gets over on 1st day for all type of entries except NDA/CDSE/NCC/Direct entry for which it gets over on second day. Only those candidates who qualify in Phase I shall be retained at AFSB for further testing of Phase II. NDA/CDSE candidates who do not qualify the PABT will still be tested for their second/third choice.

At the conference held on the last day, all the assessors i.e. the Psychologist, Ground Testing Officer and the Interviewing Officer, discuss your personality and decide on recommending you or not. Those recommended by the AFSBs will require to fill up certain documents at the Boards and subsequently move to the next step.

Step 3 - Conducting of Medical Examinations
If you have applied for the Flying branch and are found suitable by the Selection Board, you would be sent to the Air Force Central Medical Establishment, New Delhi or the Institute of Aerospace Medicine, Bangalore for a thorough medical examination.
If you have applied for the Technical or Ground Duty Branches and are found suitable, you may be asked to return home and await a call for a medical examination or be sent directly for the medical examination.

Step 4 -Preparing All India Merit List
An All India Merit List is compiled on the basis of your performance at the AFSB and subject to being medically fit. Based on the vacancies available, Air HQ would issue joining instructions to join Air Force Academy for the training.

After selection procedure-
After you have cleared the selection procedure, you are sent to one of the Air Force training establishments. Here you undergo scientifically planned rigorous physical and academic training that is aimed to gear you for the life in Air Force.
All the Air Force training establishments are equipped with the state-of-the-art infrastructure and the best of the facilities including clubs, swimming pools, squash courts etc. Once you join the training establishments, Air Force takes care of all your requirements like food, lodging etc. and also gives you a monthly stipend during the training period.
Here are the name of air academy as follows:

1.National Defence Academy
2.Air Force Academy
3.Air Force Technical College
4.Flying Training Establishments

So, i think the point is clear to you or else for details please pay a visit in their website:www.careerairforce.nic.in/career_opp/caropp_officer_selproc.html.
www.careerairforce.nic.in/train_estb/index.html
www.careerairforce.nic.in/home12.html

For any further queries free to ask here.

Good Luck,
help100%
5th June 2010, 03:41 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hai Adnan,
The Indian Airforce has basicaly three branches for recruitment.
1. Flying branch
2. Technical branch
3. Ground branch

As an engineer, in flying branch, the candidate must be between 19-23 years with a degree in engineering.
you may join as engineer in flying branch after qualifying the CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC every year.
after qualifieng CDS examination, one has to go through an interview conducted by service selection board.
Apart from CDS exam, there is also a provision for direct entry in Indian air force in the category of short service commission.

The minimum eligibility to join Indian Air Force in technical branch is engineering degree in the following departments
Electronics
Telecommunication
Electrical communication
Aeronautical
Mechanical
Production
Industrial Production

The process of joing in technical branch is no different than flying branch.
5th June 2010, 06:44 PM
BALWINDER SINGH

hi friend.........
you can join by the ssc scheme .................
best of luck..........
22nd June 2010, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

sir i have submit airmen group x form but i have not recive call letter.

vaibhav vashistha
24th June 2010, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

GOOD AFTERNOON..

SIR
i am DAVESH N HUMNE .
I AM a BE(ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ) student. i am in second year and i want to join INDIAN AIR FORCE
i had also completed my diploma in same respected branch.
please suggest me how i can join AIR FORCE .

REPLY ME SOON
4th July 2010, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

sir i am b.tech 3yr in civil engginearing what a criteria of join a air force pls suggest me how i can join air force
8th July 2010, 03:18 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I am looking forward to join IAF in Technical Branch(PC).
Can you please let me know the exact Vision Standards for this?
I have Myopia -2.50D and correctable to 6/6 in both eyes.
15th July 2010, 07:58 PM
9A2M00
Senior Member+

iaf takes through various examination.like ues,ssc,fast track selection.
there is ssc exam to recruit graduates
you have to go through their entrances and with you bachelor marks which should be above 60%,you can vie for admission.
they take a interview too.
search at their homesite.
15th July 2010, 11:03 PM
Hitha Nanjappa

after graduation: flying branch/ flying pilot
eligibility: unmarried indian citizen(men and women)
age limit: 19 to 23yrs
education: maths and physics at 10+2 is a must.. any graduate is elligible
selection process:
1. through CDSE exam after graduation or
2. NCC entry( only men with C certificate) or
3. SSC entry

after passing any of these rounds, candidates must appear for PABT( pilot aptitude Battery test) this has 2 stages.

will be notified in all leading newspaper
15th July 2010, 11:04 PM
Hitha Nanjappa

your eye sight is fine... if it can be rectified to 6/6.. no problem.. dont worry
29th July 2010, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am doing diploma in civil engineering in final year how i can join airforce .. vishal
30th July 2010, 07:01 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

definately you can join indian airforce after your BE in civil.

you may get chance in Indian Airforce in two ways

1.through UES(university entry scheme).

final year students are only allow to attain this exam.

2.through UPSC exam.

after complition of your BE course,you will be eligiable to attain the UES exam.

best of luck.......
3rd August 2010, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

hello sir, Iam S.ANUDEEP studying 3rd btech civil,i want to join indian army after completion of my btech so,please tell how to join
lndian army i.e about entrance examinations and syllabus?
4th August 2010, 07:37 PM
prathamesh22

age limit: 19 to 23yrs
education: maths and physics at 10+2 is a must.. any graduate is elligible
selection process:
1. through CDSE exam after graduation or
2. NCC entry( only men with C certificate) or
3. SSC entry
24th August 2010, 09:34 PM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

you can join Indian air force after BE in civil engineering by passing following exams...

you can appear for EKT .after passing this exam you have to face SSB interview.

also you can appear for CDS, OTA , university entry scheme ETC.

all the best.
25th August 2010, 12:12 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

You can join in Indian air force through the exams like

1.EKT(engineering knowledge test)

2.UES(university entry scheme)

3.CDS(combined defense service)

etc..

these are the exams which are conducted by UPSC..the form of these type of exam you can get in designated post office..

after clearing the exams they will call you for interview>technical test>physical test..

if you passed all these test then you can join in Indian air force as a flying leautinent..
or in technical field..

all the best..
25th August 2010, 12:19 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

You can join in Indian air force through the exams like

1.EKT(engineering knowledge test)

2.UES(university entry scheme)

3.CDS(combined defense service)

etc..

these are the exams which are conducted by UPSC..the form of these type of exam you can get in designated post office..

after clearing the exams they will call you for interview>technical test>physical test..

if you passed all these test then you can join in Indian air force as a flying leautinent..
or in technical field..

all the best..
12th October 2010, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

I am a electronics engg. (SE). How can i join IAF technical branch through upsc exams
28th October 2010, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

i want to join in Indian Air Force through Indian Engineering Service,is it possible ?
16th November 2010, 02:09 PM
lakveldi

hey just search in freshersworld.com and afterbtech .com u can find lot of indian air force jobs for not only B.E(cilvil) for all b.E students
30th November 2010, 08:36 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

you can join indian air force via following exams-CDS,NDA,UES,SSC.for more information visit-www.carrierairforce.nic
30th December 2010, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

sir i am in 6th sem of civil engg in deploma so how can i join indian army. what tests i pass.
1st April 2011, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

I am a 10 2 pass in Arts in Georaphy i want join indian air force .
20th August 2011, 06:57 PM
S-R-B

Dear friend

Indian Air Force:-

Working in the Indian Air Force (IAF) is about being in the middle of supersonic jets, state-of-the-art technology and best of the people. You are where the action is. Air Force provides you with the most modern facilities and gives you an unparalleled way of life and creates an environment, where the best in you comes out.

Whether you are a graduate or you have finished your schooling or you have passed your class tenth, Indian Air Force has an exciting career opportunity for you. You can join the Indian Air force to jumpstart a secure future for you and your family. However IAF focuses solely on the prospects for graduates.

The various career opportunities available with Indian Air Force include both technical and non technical branches. As an officer in the Indian Air Force you strategize, lead and manage. Trained in diversified fields and environments you are ready for all the challenges that the fast paced life in the Air Force has in store for you. Be it flying the most advanced combat aircraft or providing technical support, your mission is to always give your best.

Candidates short-listed after the initial selection procedure go through a rigorous training regimen at one of the Air Force training establishments. Thereafter, they are commissioned as officers and posted at any of the Air Force Stations.

Job Opportunities

Join IAF as Officer

One can join the Indian Air Force in the flying, technical or the ground duty branches depending on his/her educational qualification. The opportunities available for aspiring individuals of different educational backgrounds to join as officer in IAF are described below:

Intermediate (10+2)

There is a golden opportunity for young aspirants having +2 (Science) qualification with Physics and Maths to join as officer in Indian Air Force. The aspirant can literally touch the sky by joining the Air Force, not to mention that you'll be inside a supersonic jet, going at an incredible speed while doing that. Apart from the thrill and adventure, Air Force offers a fulfilling career for life to young and energetic men individuals.

Candidates, short-listed for Air Force after the initial selection procedure, go through a rigorous three-year training regimen at the National Defence Academy, followed by specialised training at the Air Force Academy. Thereafter, they are commissioned as officers and posted as pilots at any of the Air Force Stations.

The aspirant can join NDA by taking the exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). This exam is conducted twice a year in all major cities throughout India. To know more about the application process and selection process etc, click here

Graduate

Air Force invites young, enthusiastic and committed, men and women, to lead and manage as officers. Candidates short-listed after the initial selection procedure, go through a rigorous training regimen at one of the Air Force training establishments. Thereafter, they are commissioned as officers and posted at any of the Air Force Stations.

As a graduate, you can fly into a challenging and rewarding career in the Air Force by applying for the suitable branch. The advertisement for the recruitment of graduates in Air Force is published in the employment news and other leading national news papers from time to time.

Engineer

The Indian Air Force calls for enthusiastic and committed engineers to become a part of the Indian Air Force team. Candidates short-listed after the initial selection procedure, go through a rigorous training regimen at one of the Air Force training establishments. Thereafter, they are commissioned as officers and embark on a glorious and fulfilling career.

As an Engineer, you can soar into a rewarding and challenging career in the Indian Air Force. You can even join the Technical Branch in your final or pre-final year of engineering through the University Entry Scheme. See the advertisement usually published in employment news from time to time.

Post Graduate

Candidates short-listed after the initial selection procedure, go through a rigorous training regimen at one of the Air Force training establishments. Thereafter, they are commissioned as officers and posted at any of the Air Force Stations to lead and manage.

As a post graduate, you can glide into a challenging and rewarding career in the Air Force by applying for the suitable branch. Keep a track on the advertisements published in the employment news from time to time.

Join IAF as Airmen

As an airman in the Indian Air Force, you make sure that all the air and ground operations run smoothly. From operating air defence systems to fitting missiles, you are actively involved in all the action happening in the air base and give your support to various missions.

Depending on your educational qualification, you can join the Air Force in the Technical Trades or Non-Technical Trades. No matter at what level you start your career, the Air Force gives you opportunities to learn and grow to newer heights.

The positions are available for people having qualification viz. matriculation or below, intermediate, diploma, graduate and post-graduate.

General eligibility criteria

Age Limit

For Officer:

16 ½ to 19 years (candidates applying for NDA)
19 to 23 years (for graduate individuals in flying branch)
18 to 28 years (for graduate individuals in technical branch)
20 to 23 years (for graduate individuals in ground duty branches)
19 to 23 years (for engineering graduates in flying branch)
18 to 28 years (for engineering graduates in technical branch)
20 to 25 years (for engineering graduates in ground duty branches)
18 to 28 years (for post-graduate individuals in technical branch)
20 to 25 years (for post-graduate individuals in ground duty branches)

For Airmen:

16-20 years (positions available for candidates with matriculation or below)
16-22 years (positions available for candidates with intermediate qualification)
16-22 years (positions available for candidates with diploma qualification)
20-25 years (positions available for graduate individuals)
20-28 years (positions available for post-graduate individuals)

Sex: Male/Female (Depending upon the type of job)

Nationality: Indian

Marital status: Single

Essential Qualities

Unlike other career options Air Force is replete with risks, obstacles and thrills galore. Hence the aspiring youth need to do some serious thinking about adopting this profession.

If you happen to possess any or most of the following qualities, consider yourself eligible for a post.You must be bold, dashing and daring.

* Must have a sense of adventure
* Must be willing to risk your life for the nation
* Must be philosophical and realise the ephemeral quality of life
* Must be hardworking, able to withstand strain
* Must be fond of travelling
* Must be able to fly for long hours
* Must have a calm temperament and strong nerves

How to Apply

The recruitment for all kinds of courses in the Indian Air force is carried out by the Ministry of defence with its headquarters in New Delhi. The ministry of defense brings out notification in various leading dailies as well as in Employment News.

The procedure for sending the application is fairly simple. After spotting the relevant ad, eligible candidate can send the application in the format mentioned in the advertisement, before the last date of receiving of application.

The IAF has a thorough selection procedure to ensure that the very best become a part of the team. This procedure begins as soon as we receive your application.

BEST OF LUCK....
16th December 2011, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

I am last year mechanical engg. student sir please help m how many ways through which i can enters in the indian army.
15th February 2012, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am B.Tech Ist year civil engineer student.My birth date is 13/01/1992.I done my 10 2 with maths.actually i am very confused with my age limit for AFCAT and CDSE examination for flying branch.will i able to attained it or not when time come for examination? Plz help me and reply soon so that i can take my decision for the future.
24th February 2012, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

I am last year civil engg. student sir please help m how many ways through which i can enters in the indian force
13th July 2019, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am interested to join Indian airforce so please tell the eligibility criteria to join IAF am student of 3rd year civil engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?