30th September 2012, 01:23 PM
teju.sanju

Exam Pattern and Previous year Question Papers for Postal Assistant Exam?

hello my self Tejaswini....... and am interested to work in postal services but i don't know about that exam par-ten also can u please send me the previous question papers...................plese

30th September 2012, 05:59 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Exam Pattern and Previous year Question Papers for Postal Assistant Exam?

Books for Postal Assistant Exam---

I have attached Postal Assistant Papers here.
30th September 2012, 08:52 PM
jasminsree

Default Re: Exam Pattern and Previous year Question Papers for Postal Assistant Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teju.sanju View Post
hello my self Tejaswini....... and am interested to work in postal services but i don't know about that exam par-ten also can u please send me the previous question papers...................plese
Exam Details - Postal Assistant Exam Sample Questions and Mock Practice Test Papers

Postal Assistant and Sorting Assistant exam for all states is conducted every year by Department of Post, Govt. of India. Know about Postal Assistant exam question paper pattern and structure, Postal Assistant exam eligibility, selection procedure and know how to apply. Also know about study materials and books to refer for Postal Assistant exam and take up a free practice test here for Postal Assistant exam model questions and sample solved papers to stay ahead!

India Post recruitment for Postal Assistant exam to recruit huge vacancies for Postal Assistants and Sorting Assistants for all Postal Circles in India, is conducted every year by Department of Post, Govt. of India. So if you are looking for Postal Assistant recruitments, then you need to qualify in the Postal Assistant exam. Learn more about Postal Assistant exam application process, recruitment procedure, educational qualification and eligibility requirements and how to apply for Postal assistants and Sorting assistants vacancies.

Postal Assistant exam eligibility criteria & educational qualification

The postal assistant age limit should be between 18 to 27 years. Upper age limit relaxation is there for several other categories which you are requested to refer corresponding Postal Assistant notifications from concerned postal circles.

The Postal assistant educational qualification is that the aspiring candidates must have passed 10 +2 Standard or 12th Class pass with not less than 60 % marks and above, from any recognized University/Board of School Education, with English as a compulsory subject (vocational streams excluded here) for OC candidates, 55 % and above for OBC and 45% and above for SC/ST. More over the candidate should have studied local language of the State/Union Territory of the Postal Circle concerned or Hindi as a subject at Matriculation or equivalent.

Postal Assistant exam structure and question paper pattern

Total marks for Postal Assistant exam is 100. There will be 100 objective type MCQ questions which carries 100 marks, and the time limit given to complete is 120 minutes. Apart from this there will be Computer/Typing Test for 30 minutes duration. The subjects for aptitude written test will be General Knowledge, Mathematics, English and Reasoning & Analytical Ability.

How to apply and where to get application forms for Postal Assistant recruitment exam?

Head Post Offices and identified Postal Offices in the Circle are the authorized officials to sell the application forms for Postal Assistant recruitments for which the cost of application form for Postal Assistant is sold at 50.

The Postal assistant examination fees is 200 which has to be remitted in the Post Office of the Circle concerned and have to be paid through UCR/ACG-67 in the Post Office and have to obtain the receipt. SC/ST/PH and female candidates are exempted from payment of examination fees. The duly filled in application is to be submitted along with UCR/ACG-67 receipt and need to send the application to address mentioned on the notification before the last date.

Postal Assistant recruitment notification from all Postal Circles of India

Here at newrecruitments.com we are trying to provide latest Postal assistant notification from all circles as and when announced. So stay tuned here or make a bookmark and keep visiting to get other state Postal assistant recruitment notification.
4th October 2012, 05:14 PM
vishalkesarkar26

Smile Exam Pattern and Previous year Question Papers for Postal Assistant Exam?

hello my self Vishal....... and am interested to work in postal services but i don't know about that exam par-ten also can u please send me the previous question papers...................please........
4th October 2012, 05:19 PM
vishalkesarkar26

Red face Exam Pattern and Previous year Question Papers for Postal Assistant Exam?

hello my self Vishal....... and am interested to work in postal services but i don't know about that exam par-ten also can u please send me the previous question papers...................please......
5th October 2012, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

is any negative marking in this exam n how much marks we need to clear that paper?
23rd March 2013, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

i want to know postal exam date
5th April 2013, 03:23 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by teju.sanju View Post
Postal Assistant Exam Eligibility Criteria:-

$$ You need to be higher secondary passed out or its equivalent from a recognized school or institution. At 10+2 level it is important for you to score not less than 60% of marks in aggregate.

$$ For OBC candidates it is 50% of marks in aggregate and the SC/ST candidates will have to secure minimum 45% of marks at 10+2 level.

$$ Your age should not be less than 18 years when applying for this exam. For general category candidates the upper age limit for giving this exam is 27 years.

$$ You need to know the local language of the State of the postal circle in question so that you do not face any communication problem.

$$ Even if you have studied hindi at matriculation level or above and therefore you are quite well versed in this language then it helps.

Exam Pattern:-

The question paper has been divided into four sections: A,B,C and D. For each section 25 marks have been allotted. Objective type format will be there and luckily for the candidates there will be no negative marking as such. The whole paper needs to be completed in two hours' time.

Syllabus:-

Section A ( General knowledge)
Section B (Mathematics)
Section C (English)
Section D (Reasoning & Analytical Ability)

Minimum Cut-off marks for each category:-

1. OC Candidates: 40% of marks in aggregate.
2. SC/ST Candidates: 33% of marks in aggregate.
3. OBC Candidates: 38% of marks in aggregate.

Books To Follow:-

~Department of Posts: Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants Recruitment Exam
by Arihant Experts
~Department Of Posts: Postal Assistant Sorting Assistant Recruitment Exam
by R. Gupta's
~DOP/SA Postal/Sorting Assistants Recruitment Test
by Jain, Sharma

For papers please download the attachments below.

Hope this helps :-> :->
11th May 2013, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

tell in detail about the typing test of postal assistant exam, what font used in English? Also mention about the data entry test
30th January 2014, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

Cadre of mts of kerala postal circle
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?