18th July 2010, 12:08 AM
PRANITA S RATHOD

Location: in india,stat(maharashtra),dist(thane),taluka(ulhasnagar)

Exams to become an astronaut?

I am doing Bsc(com.sci.)Courses after 12th to become an astronaut?
How to become an Astronaut? What is the whol procedure? how
to prefer to join NASA in future? what is ISRO space entrance exam syllabus after 12th?
I have to give to enter in nasa?
Can I join NASA after Bsc and how?
What exams I need to give to become Astronaut plz tell me what to do.

18th July 2010, 12:42 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Exams to become an astronaut?

For becoming an Astronaut check weather you have that qualities or not.

Well dear just having B.sc is not enough for it.

Then you have to acquire anyone of the following degree from a good institute like IIT or IISC or IIST (most suitable).

P.hd (Astro physics).
P.hd (Geophysics).
P.hd (Metaphysics) I mean to say any branch of physics which leads to space science,these are few examples.

You can persue these degrees from IIT's or IISc,after acquiring these degrees from there you can appear for entrance conducted by NASA at international level for recruiting Astronauts,Scientists etc.You can also work with our country's ISRO various entrance are cionducted by ISRO for recruiting Scientists and engineers for carrying Space reasearch or various jobs.

M.tech/P.hd (Aerospace engineering)
M.tech.P.hd (Aeronautical engineering)

Better to persue these degrees from IIST.IIST conducts Admission to its specialied courses which leads in space tecnhnology.For entering into IIST you have to crack ISAT or IITJEE after that you will be provided Admission into B>tech if you have good performance in B.tech then you would also offered M.tech or P.hd. all study there is free of cost,after aquiring degree from there yopu will be absorb as an Scientist of ISRO.

Besides these you will also get oppurtunity to join NASA,the best place for astronauts in the World.They pay $1,00,000 to there scientists or astronauts.
Six Indian Students were involved in LHC (Large Hadron Collidor) experiment at CERN,they from NIT,Durgapur and were M.tech student.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
18th July 2010, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRANITA S RATHOD View Post
to prefer to join NASA in future? what is ISRO space entrance exam syllabus after 12th?
dear,nice to take with you?if u hav joint fybsc in com.sic then go a head.
ther is enternce exam ISRO and NASA u can get artical in times of india.they want hight mark in ty bsc.best of luck
18th July 2010, 08:08 PM
sumit98

not only bsc can help u in becoming an astronaut u need some other degree too like phd etc
26th July 2010, 01:00 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
to become an astronaut, you will have to do aeronautical engineering from iit or iist. Or you can do bsc and after that phd in any subject related to physics. Then you can apply in isro or nasa.
6th September 2010, 02:09 AM
Unregistered

Hi i have done Be.E in electrical and electronics engineering and have 3 years of experience in IT(software) Is there any way for me to become an astronaut
9th September 2010, 09:15 PM
sanjusabu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi i have done Be.E in electrical and electronics engineering and have 3 years of experience in IT(software) Is there any way for me to become an astronaut
To become an astronomer usual educational requirement is a doctoral degree, since most of the work tends to be related to research and development.
As you have done BE in electrical and electronics engineering you can make a career in Instrumentation/ Experimental Astronomy as eligibility for the same is :-
After 10 plus two you have to go for Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Electrical / Electronics/ Electrical Communications. An engineer with a B. Tech or BE degree could also enter the field as a research scholar.

Entrance exam :-
For doing Ph.D, which is mandatory to do research, you should have to appear for the Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) examination.

Special skill need to become an Astronaut :-
1) curiosity, enthusiasm and greater concentration
2) Brain should be above average intelligence, high imagination, persistence, problem-solving and analytical skills and must possess both mathematical and computer skills.
3) Excellent oral and written communication skills.

Syllabus for JEST :-
see attached file jest_syll.txt.

Colleges provide Ph.D program :-
1) Harish Chandra Research Institute, Allahabad
2) Physical Research Laboratory (PRL), Ahmedabad
3) Indian Institute of Science (IISC), Bangalore
4) Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences( ARIES), Nainital.
Attached Files
File Type: txt jest_syll.txt(2.4 KB, 225 views)
10th October 2010, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

IAM DOING B.E(ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING).WHAT DEGREE SHOULD I HOLD TO GET INTO NASA???PLEASE SUGGEST ME THE WAY!!!
2nd November 2010, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

Hi. I am a class 12 student and am confused! Are aerospace engineering and aeronautical engineering related? I want to become an astronaut but dont know how to. What should I do after my 12th? What entrance exams should I answer to become an astronaut? And what are the minimum qualifications to become one? And which colleges can i join here in India? Thanks.
16th November 2010, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

Is there any opputunity for BSc agricultural students in space research? if there what we have to do for getting that oppurtunity?
17th November 2010, 08:39 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Is there any opputunity for BSc agricultural students in space research? if there what we have to do for getting that oppurtunity?

Basically no, it not possible. There is no such way.

IF you wanted to exlpore your career in space research then you have to distract from your field, to Physics or related subject.

Sine you are from Agricultural background, it will be much harder for you to manage. But few exceptions will help you.

• If you are interested and able to get in M.sc and P.hd 'Chemology', 'Astrology', 'Geophysics' 'Paleontology' 'Biophysics', Astronomy. However even getting this course for a Agriculture student is a very diifcult task, as eligibilty criterias will hinder the way.
Regards
~Faiyaz~
17th November 2010, 09:24 PM
Vikram Naik

Smile Re: Exams to become an astronaut?

Quote:
Hi Pranita...
You have a very good aim of becoming an Astronaut... but ask yourself these question that are you ready to work for it???
If yes then start now, you have completed your computer science in Bsc which is least sufficient for your aim. Eventhough there are many opportunities. To become an astronaut basically you'll require many backgrounds like degrees and what all qualifications you have that can award you good points.
And dear, if you are thinking about getting into NASA and think that you'll get a post of astronaut then you have to really work hard. You have to complete a degree in Msc physics, mathematics, and atleast if u do not will to join any pilot training course then you have to do those masters.
Masters degree in any of these fields with good ranking will get you into NASA but people always prefer to do doctorate since its like Masters degree will substitute with one year of experience and Doctorate will substitute for three years, and to become an astronaut, NASA would not prefer software engineers of software candidates. But those who can do experiments of the mission for what they are sent, like repairing the parts of space station or dust collecting, or any research operation in space that is in vaccume etc.
or you'll need to get into military in airforce which will help you but NASA always chooses the pilots from its own country US.
And lastly Payload operation, these people who do payload business are not recruited by NASA nor they work at NASA but they are experienced one who know how to operate it in different conditions.
I would suggest you to complete your doctorate in Physics or mathematics etc then it would be easy for you to get into nasa.

Check out this one for more details : http://nasajobs.nasa.gov/astronauts/content/broch00.htm
http://entrance-exam.net/isro-2009/
Best of luck buddy enjoy...
17th November 2010, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

hai..i have finished my b.sc after b.sc what should i do inorder to become an astronaut and how can i join nasa....is there any cost for joining nasa,if yes how much it will be???
18th November 2010, 07:26 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

being in NASA is not an easy task.

Dear friend you need to attain a Phd that too from a world class institute like IIT's ,this degree will fetch you to attempt exams for NASA and to become an astronaut.

The test comprises of many stages which even checks your physical fitness.

all the best
21st November 2010, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

res.sir i m a student of b.tech(electrical engineering) in punjab's government college.i want to join NASA as an astronaut and then i also want to become a part of selected crew member for space flight.SIR, please suggest me what should i do to hit my goal?
26th December 2010, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,
i m a student of btec 1st yr(mechanical engg) from lovely professional university,punjab. could u descrbe me all the way so i can join nasa,isro,etc. and if possible as a astronaut.thank u
15th January 2011, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
res.sir i m a student of b.tech(electrical engineering) in punjab's government college.i want to join NASA as an astronaut and then i also want to become a part of selected crew member for space flight.SIR, please suggest me what should i do to hit my goal?
You have a nice goal........
After doing your B.Tech you should have P.hd in learning space science
15th January 2011, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 12th plzz tell me what should I do to become an Aerospace engg.
Desribe me all the way to enter Nasa in detail
26th January 2011, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am n.rajendran. i finishing a 12 th std.my marks is p-121,c-97,m-70. i will join aarospace engneering.please say a yes or no. thanking you.
1st February 2011, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

Hello, i am in 11th now. which exams should i give to get admission in ISRO or to become an astronaut?
22nd February 2011, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

list of books required
22nd February 2011, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

sir
I am studying in 11th class . I want to become an astronaut. What field should i opt after 12th ?
kindly suggest me the field for my graduation.
15th March 2011, 10:52 PM
Thanki Harshad

Hi i am Harshad Thanki
And am studying for a commercial pilot at india
And i want to become a astronaut as a pilot.
So what is the steps for me....
19th March 2011, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

res. sir i m akash recently, i had given 12th exams. i want to became a astronaut plz suggest me what i do after 12th? what type of mantel & physical fitness is want????
24th March 2011, 10:44 AM
Unregistered

I am B.E holder (Computer Science). Having in 2 yr of experience in IT industry, Want to join NASA very badly. Please suggest me the steps that i need pass though to get into NASA.
26th March 2011, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

i have completed 12 and doing B.A.Can i give entrance exam nasa?
27th March 2011, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

Is there any other branch of engineering which one can go for except aeronautical or aerospace for becoming astronaut
24th April 2011, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

what are courses for becoming an astronaut?as i am in 9 th only but i want to work hard from now itself.what classes or what measures should i take?
1st May 2011, 03:32 PM
v.l yashaswini

[quote=yashaswini v.l i am doing bsc(com.sci.)courses after 12th to become an astronaut?
How to become an astronaut? What is the whol procedure? How
to prefer to join nasa in future? What is isro space entrance exam syllabus after 12th?
Can i join nasa after bsc and how?
What exams i need to give to become astronaut plz tell me what to do.[/quote]

but i have already entered bsc? What are the exams to take up?
16th May 2011, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

I'm a student of class 12th i want to now only that is there any way to join nasa after my 12th??
please provide me the answer.
27th May 2011, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

after 12th how can i b a scientist & specially what exams to go for in order to get admission in colleges abroad india
28th May 2011, 09:43 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Exams to become an astronaut?

Hi friend,

To become an astronaut you must do AERONAUTICAL engineering or you

must do some Ph.d in something related aerospace research.In order to become

an astronaut, you must work well with people, be able to communicate

well, be eager to do the job, have work experience, have good grades, and

have a college degree. Most future astronauts take a lot of science and math.

It is very hard, and sometimes very dangerous, to be an astronaut.
30th May 2011, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

nasa recruitment
30th May 2011, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

nasa recruitment
31st May 2011, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

m doing b.tech(electrical engg.).how can i join nasa??????
12th June 2011, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

i am in 10 class after 10 in 11 class if i choose commerce then by taking commerce can i become astronaut
21st June 2011, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

i am doing engg in e&tc field and i want to be an astronaut in nasa so what type of exams i have to pass ?
30th June 2011, 03:32 PM
swastik08

hi dear,

IF you wanted to exlpore your career in space research then you have to distract from your field, to Physics or related subject.

Sine you are from Agricultural background, it will be much harder for you to manage. But few exceptions will help you.

If you are interested and able to get in M.sc and P.hd 'Chemology', 'Astrology', 'Geophysics' 'Paleontology' 'Biophysics', Astronomy. However even getting this course for a Agriculture student is a very diifcult task, as eligibilty criterias will hinder the way.

thanks
28th July 2011, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

plz tell me if somebody have done suficient degrees from any institute other than IIT,IIST,IISc........ can they even give tests for getting into NASA or ISRO
28th July 2011, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

plz tell me if somebody have done suficient degrees from any institute other than IIT,IIST,IISc........ can they even give tests for getting into NASA or ISRO
28th July 2011, 03:05 PM
gaggi benipal

Default Re ---------------hi

1st August 2011, 12:32 AM
kartikayan

Hi dear,

Well dear just having B.sc is not enough for it.

Then you have to acquire anyone of the following degree from a good institute like IIT or IISC or IIST (most suitable).

P.hd (Astro physics).
P.hd (Geophysics).
P.hd (Metaphysics) I mean to say any branch of physics which leads to space science,these are few examples.

You can persue these degrees from IIT's or IISc,after acquiring these degrees from there you can appear for entrance conducted by NASA at international level for recruiting Astronauts,Scientists etc.You can also work with our country's ISRO various entrance are cionducted by ISRO for recruiting Scientists and engineers for carrying Space reasearch or various jobs.

M.tech/P.hd (Aerospace engineering)
M.tech.P.hd (Aeronautical engineering)

Better to persue these degrees from IIST.IIST conducts Admission to its specialied courses which leads in space tecnhnology.For entering into IIST you have to crack ISAT or IITJEE after that you will be provided Admission into B>tech if you have good performance in B.tech then you would also offered M.tech or P.hd. all study there is free of cost,after aquiring degree from there yopu will be absorb as an Scientist of ISRO.

Besides these you will also get oppurtunity to join NASA,the best place for astronauts in the World.They pay $1,00,000 to there scientists or astronauts.
Six Indian Students were involved in LHC (Large Hadron Collidor) experiment at CERN,they from NIT,Durgapur and were M.tech student.
Thanks
25th August 2011, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am TEJAS SANJAY RAJPUT. I want to become an Astronaut.Now I am in 11th STD. and doing IT Engineering Diploma from Silicon Vally. After this I shall become an IT engineer. Then please help me how can I become an Astronaut?
31st August 2011, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

Can m.tech aeronautical be done after b.tech mechanical.
5th November 2011, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

Hi i m rinal i m stdng in std 11 sci gen n want to become top astronaut n want to work in nasa space research so wt should i stdy aftr 12th plz suggest me ?
7th November 2011, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

sir my name is mr. Chougale Sunil Ratnakar now i am studay in 12th science i am in rural bagraund i am studay on pressure rocker my aim is join in ISRO and devolpment in rocket system my favrit subjet is Arodyanamix plase give me more information of rocket ."your fathaful sunil chougale"
10th December 2011, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

The one think on my side is that i have some financial problem at home.but from the childhood i have the dream to reach at the moon and do somethink for ourindia in the field of astronomy .since a long time i have been studing the space books and trying to research for the new device for astronaut .the main thing is that no one is there to guide me that how can i become an astronaut in the future.i need the guidence that how to become astronaut after the completion of diploma in m.e.please reply fast
,how are known about this,this is the my dream .DONT IGNORE IT
13th December 2011, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

After meachanical engineer to get M.Tech in Aerospace engineering?
15th February 2012, 11:42 PM
puchu007

If you are interested and able to get in M.sc and P.hd 'Chemology', 'Astrology', 'Geophysics' 'Paleontology' 'Biophysics', Astronomy. However even getting this course for a Agriculture student is a very diifcult task, as eligibilty criterias will hinder the way.
Regards
22nd February 2012, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

i am doing mechanical engineering & i want to work at NASA?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?