10th June 2011, 11:32 AM
Alisha Kartik

Which exams a graduate in electrical or electronics stream to appear for?

I am pursuing my B.E. in EEE stream. Do all the exams after Graduation like GATE, IES etc. are taken in either electrical or electronics stream? Aren't there exams for electrical and electronics (EEE) streams? I would also like to ask that if a choice has to be made between electrical and electronics for such exams, which is more preferable?

Related Questions:
  1. Which branch is better between EEE and ECE in Engineering?
  2. Is it possible for a B.E computer science graduate to pursue M.Tech in electronics and electrical stream
  3. Eligibility criteria and exams to clear for MS from MIT? MS courses available for Electrical and Electronics student?
  4. Can I change my stream in B.Tech after Diploma in Electronics? Which stream should I choose Mechanical or Electrical?
  5. Which stream has maximum number of seats in IES either electrical or electronics? Which stream should I opt for the IES exam? I am IT graduate
  6. How to pursue M.Sc in Software Engineering being a candidate of EEE?
  7. List of various M.E courses after E.E.E course? Eligibility criteria for doing M.E courses? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. List of the electrical companies in Bangalore? I am a B.E fresher graduate
  9. Is it beneficial to study B.Tech to become a Sub-Inspector? What group should I choose in B.Tech? -- [New]
  10. Can a B.tech graduate in Applied Electronics & instrumentation take PG in IT or CS stream?
  11. New pattern for HCL Company Recruitment?
  12. How to do diploma in electrical engineering through distance learning? I am a BSc electronics graduate
  13. Question papers of HPCL officer training in electrical and electronics stream
  14. Is it true that degree after diploma has the same importance as degree after 12th? Which one is more preferred?
  15. What is the fee structure for various government universities? I have completed B.Tech stream in electrical and electronics
  16. Benefits of doing B.Tech after diploma in EEE?
  17. What is the fee structure for various government universities? I have completed B.Tech in stream of electrical and electronics engineering
  18. Details of JST exam? After B.Tech Electrical and Electronics stream can I appear for this exam? Syllabus of the exam and the books to be referred?
19th June 2011, 08:47 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which exams a graduate in electrical or electronics stream to appear for?

EEE is only complete when it includes both the concepts of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.As you have mentioned for exams like GATE and IES Electrical and Electronics Engineering students can apply along with the Electrical students.Electronics Engineering is only complete when it include the telecommunication part.

Please go through the syllabus part of GATE where it includes subjects like Power Electronics and Drives,Analog and Digital Electronics,Control Systems,Signals and Systems which are purely electronics based subjects hence EE and EEE portion does not vary by a huge margin but have minor changes.If you go through the portion of ECE(GATE) properly then you will find subjects which are related to communication.Similarly in IES you will find both Electrical and Electronics subjects hence you do not have more options to choose Electronics Engineering as it even includes the telecommunication part.

You can only choose Electrical Engineering as your choice in competitive exams but you cannot represent yourself as an ECE Engineer for competitive exams and PSU exams.
19th June 2011, 09:03 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which exams a graduate in electrical or electronics stream to appear for?

hi
you are now go with study EEE branch
after B.TECH
you go for M.TECH,then you choose one subject like
either electrical or electronics.........

so be prepare for that............
19th June 2011, 11:36 PM
dhani12345

Post Re: Which exams a graduate in electrical or electronics stream to appear for?

Hello,

Hello friend!

I would like to congratulate you madam, trying for BHEL is not so easy but not that tough to get selected.
There is no special syllabus mentioned by BHEL, they never expose the syllabus. But surely the most part of the question papers are from 1st and 2nd year subjects. Almost the syllabus is like GATE syllabus, even sometimes the questions frequently asked in GATE will be given in BHEL test.

For more details please visit the official website of BHEL and you can find some other information regarding question paper pattern and some other practise papers please visit
"http://careerquips.blogspot.com/"

Good luck!
20th June 2011, 05:29 AM
dineshpandiyan

Post Re: Which exams a graduate in electrical or electronics stream to appear for?

B.E (EEE0 contains both electrical and electronics. so you choose electrical engineering for your GATE amd IES exams.
20th June 2011, 01:34 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
as you are from EEE, so to appear in exams like GATE or IES, you can choose your subjects... you can choose the subjects from the syllabus of GATE and same as IES.. now it is upon you in which subjects you will feel comfortable... In which subjects you have better concept... so choose those subjects and prepare yourself for GATE or IES..
all the best..
20th June 2011, 01:39 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
as you are from EEE, so to appear in exams like GATE or IES, you can choose your subjects... you can choose the subjects from the syllabus of GATE and same as IES.. now it is upon you in which subjects you will feel comfortable... In which subjects you have better concept... so choose those subjects and prepare yourself for GATE or IES..
all the best..
27th June 2011, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

I express my hearty gratitude to all who replied. Thank you very much.
24th July 2011, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

in job purpose ,any compititive exams like TRANSCO ,JENCO,BHEL which coaching is better or useful GATE or IES ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?