9th September 2011, 03:25 PM
durgamaheswari

Which Exams I can appear having completed MCA and working in a College as Computer Programmer?

Hi,
myself completed MCA degree in college.now i working in college computer programmer.i would like to write exam in UPSC.other kinds of exam related as my profession basis.please give an idea for how to prepare.what subjects are needed.

Related Questions:
  1. Chances to study MBA in US for a Software Programmer? List of universities with total expenses?
  2. What career should I opt for my better future prospect? I have completed my MCA and having 2 years of working experience as a trainee software engineer. And later I had 4 years of gap
  3. Any government job for a computer science engineering passed out and while working as SAS programmer with 1.8 years experience?
  4. How to go for Ph.D after doing MCA?
  5. Syllabus and previous papers for the post of programmer?
  6. What's the scheduled date for SLET exam in Tamil nadu?
  7. Which computer languages are the best for becoming a programmer?
  8. Am I eligible for Lecturership and for SLET exam after completing MCA in Belford University
  9. Various fields an MCA can make a career in? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. What to do : B.Tech in CS or MCA? Best colleges for the course?
  11. Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study PhD in Computer Application for an Assistant Professor who has completing MCA?
  12. List of colleges to do Ph.D after MCA in Madhya Pradesh?
  13. Which course should I opt for MBA and MCA after working as Bank Clerk for 2 years?
  14. Can I get admission in BCA after scoring 46% in 12th?
  15. Companies in Hyderabad providing internship after doing MBA in HR from IGNOU?
  16. Can i do MCA after completing B.Com with Computerised Financial Accounting?
  17. List of the colleges along with their eligibility criteria and entrance exam, offering MCA course in Karnataka?
  18. Can I get promotion if join TCS having 2 years of experience in Girnar Software as a Programmer? -- [New]
9th September 2011, 05:01 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which Exams I can appear having completed MCA and working in a College as Computer Programmer?

There are several exams conducted by UPSC. This includes civil service, IFS etc. Other than this you are eligible to apply bank tests too. To take up teaching as a profession appearing for the NET exam is also an option. You should first decide on the job profile that interests you and based on that appear the appropriate exam.
9th September 2011, 05:53 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which Exams I can appear having completed MCA and working in a College as Computer Programmer?

dear friend, you are absolutely eligible for UPSE exem,and i think it would be better if you choose computer application on your 2 elective papers in the main stream.
9th September 2011, 06:18 PM
Tulasinagababu

MCA is a three year master degree program comprising of six semesters. This professional course is designed to meet the growing requirement of qualifiedprofessionals not only in IT industry, but also in other industries as well. The admission to the MCA program can be obtained after completion of the graduation course. On completion of the MCA course, the students will be able to have a deep knowledge on subjects like database management, statistics, algorithm design, mobile technologies, finance, programming languages, accounting, computational theory, Quality assurance/Control, network management, probability, organizational behavior, Project Management, etc.
After successful completion of MCA, the candidates will be able to get jobs in different industries like software engineering and development, hardware and networking, research and development, services and application support, etc…As far as software engineering and development is concerned, the candidate can get job as Trainee Programmer, software tester, software analyst, Software Engineer, software administrator or as a software programmer. The hardware and networking industry contain the physical elements of computer system (i.e.) designing, manufacturing and maintenance of computers. It also involves integration and installation of computer systems through networking. Research and development involves the crafting of circuits and chips and computer architecture. The service and application support industry includes application management and system integration, maintenance of software application and its installation and much more.
Initially, the candidate can begin his/her career as a junior programmer or trainee and he/she can grow at a faster pace and can become system analyst or can also become project leaders and the growth prospects is high up to top level management in many reputed organizations.

Top companies: Many top rated and widely recognized organizations in the IT industry namely Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), Infosys, Wipro, Cognizant Technology Services, IBM, Accenture offers good job opportunity and salary packages to fresh MCA candidates, which may be starting from 2.5 lakhs to 3.5 lakhs approximately and salary packages for some of other companies are even higher and negotiable depends on applicant’s profile.
9th September 2011, 06:24 PM
Deep666

hi,
Its very good that u have done MCA and now u want to go for UPSC exam. But firstly i want to tell u that what is the eligibility for UPSC
Eligibility: graduate from recognised university
Age limit: 21 to 30 yrs. (relaxation to reserved categories)
9th September 2011, 06:29 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by durgamaheswari View Post
Hi,
myself completed MCA degree in college.now i working in college computer programmer.i would like to write exam in UPSC.other kinds of exam related as my profession basis.please give an idea for how to prepare.what subjects are needed.
Dear friend,

You have completed your MCA. But your academic marks is must be 60% above because below mention organization have criteria is above 60% in graduation . This percentage is vary from organization to organization.

So you have many options to go like govt sector ,private sector or higher study also.

The govt sector options are -DRDO , BARC , ONGC , ISRO , NIC , IGDR , UPSC EXAM , BSNL JTO ,BANK PO etc.The age limit for those organization is maximum 30 years .Age relaxation provide only for SC/ST /OBC candiadate.

Also you are eligible in private sector also . the private sector company are TCS ,CTS ,IBM,HP,L&T,ALUNUS ,WIPRO etc.

The higher study options are MS , MBA ,M-TECH ,JRF ,SRF ,PHD etc.

Also you must be qualify in GATE ,CAT,MAT exam.

all the best.
9th September 2011, 07:28 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
As you have done your MCA course then you can appear in lots of govt. service exams , UPSC exams..

You can apply for govt. organisations like-

1.ISRO
2.DRDO
3.BARC
4.ECIL
5.BHEL
6.BEL
7.BSNL JTO
8.RAILWAYS

You can also appear in UPSC exams like- IAS, IPS, IFS..

Banking sector jobs are also there.. You can appear in bank PO exams...

Now, you decide in which field you want to go..
All the best..
28th November 2011, 05:02 PM
litunu

This professional course is designed to meet the growing requirement of qualifiedprofessionals not only in IT industry, but also in other industries as well. The admission to the MCA program can be obtained after completion of the graduation course. On completion of the MCA course, the students will be able to have a deep knowledge on subjects like database management, statistics, algorithm design, mobile technologies, finance, programming languages, accounting, computational theory, Quality assurance/Control, network management, probability, organizational behavior, Project Management, etc.
After successful completion of MCA, the candidates will be able to get jobs in different industries like software engineering and development, hardware and networking, research and development, services and application support, etc…As far as software engineering and development is concerned, the candidate can get job as Trainee Programmer, software tester, software analyst, Software Engineer, software administrator or as a software programmer. The hardware and networking industry contain the physical elements of computer system (i.e.) designing, manufacturing and maintenance of computers. It also involves integration and installation of computer systems through networking. Research and development involves the crafting of circuits and chips and computer architecture. The service and application support industry includes application management and system integration, maintenance of software application and its installation and much more.
Initially, the candidate can begin his/her career as a junior programmer or trainee and he/she can grow at a faster pace and can become system analyst or can also become project leaders and the growth prospects is high up to top level management in many reputed organizations.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?