5th September 2010, 04:34 PM
b'bbk

Fee structure, Scope and list of best institutes for Genetic Engineering course?

Hi i am student from.i have just completed my +2.now, i m encourage towards genetic engineering..could you please let it me know about its fee structure,scope,course details and best institutes.

Related Questions:
  1. Genetic Engineering after 12th? Fee structure, scope, duration and procedure? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Genetic Engineering: Fee Structure, Courses Details, Duration of Courses, Best Institutes?
  3. List of colleges offering BS(Genetic Engineering) in Germany? Total fee expenses and scope of this course?
  4. Fee structure for genetic engineering? How many years does it take? Any colleges in Mumbai for genetic engineering?
  5. Procedure for doing GENETIC ENGINEERING after +2 in medical? what is its scope?
  6. What is the duration of genetic engineering course? Fee structure for the same?
  7. List of M.Tech genetic engineering colleges in USA and Canada? What is the procedure to apply? Eligibility and the fee structure?
  8. Procedure for doing Genetic Engineering after 12th? Which are the colleges offering the course? Minimum qualification required and the fee structure?
  9. Fee structure for Genetic Engineering?
  10. What will be the fee structure for Genetic Engineering course?
  11. What is the fee structure followed for B.Tech Mechanical branch?
  12. Career scope for girls after completion of BE in Aeronautical Engineering? Information regarding fee structure and list of colleges offering this course?
  13. What is the fee structure followed for doing Genetic engineering in Australia? -- [New]
  14. Best college in Tamil Nadu for Genetic Engineering? Scope of Genetic Engineering in India?
  15. Course structure and fee expenses of M.Sc(Genetics) in Institute of Genetic Engineering?
  16. How can I apply for Genetic Engineering after completing class 12th? What is eligibility criteria required and what is the fee structure?
  17. Fee structure for Genetic engineering at SRM University?
  18. Fee structure of government colleges for B.Tech Genetic Engineering course?
20th July 2011, 12:31 PM
Tribhuwankumar1990

Default Re: Fee structure, Scope and list of best institutes for Genetic Engineering course?

Most institutes do not offer courses in Genetic Engineering as a special discipline but as a subsidiary in biotechnology, microbiology, biochemistry streams. Genetics is offered at the undergraduate level, at Kakatiya University, Warangal and Osmania University, Hyderabad, both in Andhra Pradesh. Some of the universities which offer genetic Engineering courses at postgraduate and doctorate levels are the Bio-Informatics Centre of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU)
New Delhi, Indian Institute of Technology (Kharagpur and Delhi), Delhi University, University of Calcutta, MKU-Coimbatore, Birla Institute of Technology (Pilani Rajasthan), University of Lucknow, Jadavpur University (Kolkata, West Bengal) etc.
21st July 2011, 12:28 AM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Default Re: Fee structure, Scope and list of best institutes for Genetic Engineering course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b'bbk View Post
Hi i am student from.i have just completed my +2.now, i m encourage towards genetic engineering..could you please let it me know about its fee structure,scope,course details and best institutes.

(JNU) New Delhi, Indian Institute of Technology (Kharagpur and Delhi), Delhi University, University of Calcutta, MKU-Coimbatore, Birla Institute of Technology (Pilani Rajasthan), University of Lucknow, Jadavpur University (Kolkata, West Bengal) etc.
21st July 2011, 09:51 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Yes ofcourse we can tell you...

Eligibility for genetic engineering:

The basic eligibility criteria for a graduate degree (BE / B.Tech) is 10+2 or equivalent examination, with Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics as well as genetics as part of the biology.

If you fulfill the criteria, you are eligible.

Course details:

The study of this field includes all or few of these –

Enzyme Technology,
Immunology Laboratory,
Basic Molecular Techniques,
Bioprocess Engineering,
Genome Analysis Laboratory,
Stoichiometry and Engineering Thermodynamics.

Scope:

The demand for Genetic Engineers is growing in India as well as abroad.
Job opportunities are numerous and growing in number.
Most of them are mainly placed in medical and pharmaceutical industries, the agricultural sector, and the research and development departments. They can also take up teaching as an option. Certain NGO's like Greenpeace also hire Genetic Engineers to ascertain the outcome of GM products.

Fee structure:

The fees for genetic engineering varies from university to university.
Its course fee is like other B.tech courses...

Institutes:

The best institutes to pursue this course are:

S.R.M. University
S.R.M. Nagar Kattankulathur
Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu

Kakatiya University,
Warangal

Osmania University,
Hyderabad
22nd July 2011, 05:01 PM
Amrithadavis

hi,

1.Jiwaji University, Gwalior-474 011
2.Haryana Agricultural University, Hissar, Haryana
3. University of Delhi. Delhi-110 007
4.Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar-243 122, Uttar
pradesh
5.Centre for Biotechnology, Pondicherry University, Pondichery-605
6.Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi-110 067
7.Indian Council of Agricultural Research, Pusa Campus, New
Delhi 110 012
8.Indian Institute of Technology, Haus Khas
9.Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
10.Consortium India Ltd,. G-6, (3rd Floor), NDSE Part 1, New Delhi
19th September 2011, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

plz tell me how many marks do i need in 12th for aaplying in genetics
22nd May 2012, 02:07 AM
Unregistered

ia there scope of genatic engineering in nepal ?
10th June 2013, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

Plz tell hw many marks do i need to apply fr genetic engrng in 12th
25th July 2013, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

Plz tell me the admission criteria and fees structure for b.tech in genetic enginrring,its colleges and univeersities in M.P. and other parts of india as well and also about its scope
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?