7th March 2010, 06:52 PM
ANKITA JOSHI

Genetic Engineering after 12th? Fee structure, scope, duration and procedure?

what is the procedure for doing
GENETIC ENGINEERING after +2 & what is its time period & fee structure per annum & its scope? Is this beneficial?
what should I do after doing +2 in medical ,any course having good scope other than genetic engineering?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the duration of genetic engineering course? Fee structure for the same?
  2. Procedure for doing Genetic Engineering after 12th? Which are the colleges offering the course? Minimum qualification required and the fee structure?
  3. Procedure for doing GENETIC ENGINEERING after +2 in medical? what is its scope?
  4. Fee structure, Scope and list of best institutes for Genetic Engineering course?
  5. How can I apply for Genetic Engineering after completing class 12th? What is eligibility criteria required and what is the fee structure? -- [New]
  6. Fee structure for genetic engineering? How many years does it take? Any colleges in Mumbai for genetic engineering?
  7. Procedure to do LLB course in Correspondence? How to apply for this course? Fee structure and Duration for this course?
  8. List of M.Tech genetic engineering colleges in USA and Canada? What is the procedure to apply? Eligibility and the fee structure?
  9. Procedure to join Marine Engineering course after B.E in Mechanical Engineering? Fee structure of this course and the course duration?
  10. Procedure of getting admission in Genetic Engineering? Percentage required to fill the form and best college for this course? Fee structure of the course?
  11. How to become a genetic engineer? What is the procedure for it and fee structure?
  12. DOEACC O level course details: Procedure to join, fee structure, course duration, centers?
  13. Genetic Engineering: Fee Structure, Courses Details, Duration of Courses, Best Institutes?
  14. Procedure to join marine engineering after B.E(Mechanical)? Fee structure and course duration?
  15. What is the scope to do PG in Microbiology or Biotechnology? Fee structure and duration?
  16. List of colleges offering BS(Genetic Engineering) in Germany? Total fee expenses and scope of this course?
  17. What is the fee structure for company secretary course?
  18. Fee structure for Genetic Engineering?
10th March 2010, 09:20 PM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

Default Re: Genetic Engineering after 12th? Fee structure, scope, duration and procedure?

There is an increasing demand for genetic engineers in India as well as abroad. Genetic engineers are mainly absorbed in medical and pharmaceutical industries, the agricultural sector, and the research and development departments of the government and private sectors. They can also take up teaching as an option.

Most institutes do not offer courses in Genetic Engineering as a special discipline but as a subsidiary in biotechnology, microbiology, biochemistry streams. Genetics is offered at the undergraduate level, at Kakatiya University, Warangal and Osmania University, Hyderabad, both in Andhra Pradesh.

Some of the universities which offer genetic Engineering courses at postgraduate and doctorate levels are the Bio-Informatics Centre of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) New Delhi, Indian Institute of Technology (Kharagpur and Delhi), Delhi University, University of Calcutta, MKU-Coimbatore, Birla Institute of Technology (Pilani Rajasthan), University of Lucknow, Jadavpur University (Kolkata, West Bengal) etc.

good luck dear & wish you all the very best in life..

byee take care...
11th March 2010, 01:01 PM
mike shinoda back
Senior Member++

Default Re: Genetic Engineering after 12th? Fee structure, scope, duration and procedure?

hi.....

genetic engineering......There is an increasing demand for genetic engineers in India as well as abroad....

birla institute of technology is one of the best college who offered genetics engg....

and also more information ..

ww.bit.com..
11th March 2010, 01:07 PM
mike shinoda back
Senior Member++

hi.....

genetic engineering......There is an increasing demand for genetic engineers in India as well as abroad....

birla institute of technology is one of the best college who offered genetics engg....

and also more information ..

ww.bit.com..
all the best
11th March 2010, 03:10 PM
asish
Senior Member+

dear friend
here is a list of colleges offering genetic engineering in india
www.scholarshipsinindia.com/biotechnology.html
just select your college and then visit the official website for info like course details,fee structure,duration,etc
all the best
11th March 2010, 07:38 PM
mathur

genetic engineering is very nice career option. you can take in admission if you had Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics as well as genetics as part of the biology in your +2.
you can check out details on http://www.webindia123.com/career/options/eng/genetic/intro.htm
14th March 2010, 09:10 PM
Mintoo
Senior Member++

Hi.....
Friend there is good scope in Genetic engineering and you can get a good salary package job after completing it........
28th March 2010, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

HI i am gived 12yh exam now 2010. iam so confused what i do after 12th? pls give me information about genetic engineering.What a criteria is required for it? how many marks are reqired for it,which is best college in PUNE,etc.. plz reply iam waiting THANK YOU
18th April 2010, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

i've taken biology with maths,chemistry& physics in 12, i want to have career in genetic engineering. pls give me information about genetic engineering.What a criteria is required for it? how many marks are reqired for it,which is best college in delhi, courses etc. plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
1st May 2010, 11:48 AM
gracesonia

what is the qualification needed for genitic engineering??
1st May 2010, 11:49 AM
gracesonia

i already finished my Bsc nursing.so how many years again i want to study??
9th May 2010, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of 2 P.C.M. group and I didn't opt. for Biology in 2.Am I eligible to join genetic engineering?
12th May 2010, 09:34 PM
Senior Member+++

FRIEND genetic engg is a best career now a days and it has very wide scope for medical students
and to do genetic engg you need to pass in with pcb
27th May 2010, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

can i do genetic engineering if i have opted for P.C.B only and not maths?
1st June 2010, 03:13 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
i am also confuse that, which subject we can choose in 12th for getting admission in genetic engineering? is it (1) P.C.B. or (2) P.C.B.M. ? Please inform or reply me as soon as possible. My e-mail [email protected].. please send me reply on my e-mail address. Thanking you, Yours faith fully, Shailesh patel.
4th June 2010, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

what is the quallification is needed for genetics engineering and what's the course fee for study?
4th June 2010, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

what is the quallification is needed for genetics engineering and what's the course fee for study?plz rply on my email id [email protected]
9th June 2010, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

can ido genetic engg if ihave opted p.c.b only and not maths?
18th June 2010, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

DEAR SIR,
I passed inter in 2010.and i want to become a genetic engg.so plz sir tell me what can i do for it.
24th June 2010, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

I AM DOING bSC IN MICROBILOGY IWANT TO DO GENETIC ENGEINEERING , PLZ TELL ME WHAT CAN
I DO FOR IT? TELL ME SCOP, FEE STRUCTURE,COURSE DURATION, AND ADMISSION.
25th June 2010, 12:20 AM
Unregistered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

can ido genetic engg if ihave opted p.c.b only and not maths?
3rd July 2010, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

Which MH-CET should we give PCM/PCB for doing genetic engineering?
4th July 2010, 03:46 PM
vanshu sharma

u can go to the website
www.scholarshipindia.biotechnology.html
there is a good scope in this field in India and abroad
8th August 2010, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

I am studying in 10th. I want to go for biomedical engineering. can u give me some details about it. plssss
Beena
11th August 2010, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

How many years it will take to complete the education of genetic engineering?
13th August 2010, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

whats the genetic engineering scope in nepal and does nepal support for this study?
7th September 2010, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

hi...i am a student of class 12. My aim is to become a genetic engineer.plzzzzzz........tell me the best college in Delhi.........
15th September 2010, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Can I give admission to genetic engineering after 12th? please sen reply.
31st October 2010, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

hi.......... i am a stdnt of 1st yr & wany to do genetic engineering aft my 12th.iwant to knw wether it has gd scope in dis modern world. & hw much % is reqired.& d best college in karnataka. & wether biotechnology & genetic engi....... r one & d same
1st November 2010, 08:08 AM
Unregistered

Is physics chemistry n bio in 12th sufficient to go for genetic engineering.......????????
6th November 2010, 08:50 AM
Unregistered

is there any institute in nepal 4 genetic engineering
7th November 2010, 05:39 PM
megha ram singh

Red face Re: Genetic Engineering after 12th? Fee structure, scope, duration and procedure?

Genetic engineering is a complete course in itself.

for becoming a genetic engineer first one have to do B.Sc. in genetics as a main subject or genetics studied in biotechnology, or any other course.

then you should go for M.Sc.. this is the way to become a genetic engineer.

Now a days genetic engineers are very much demanded in India and abroad, if you opt the course then you are going to have deffinetely a bright future..

all the best..
20th December 2010, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

what will be the pay scale for genetic engineer in India???
22nd December 2010, 06:07 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

genetic engineering is very nice option .yes you can take admission if you ar a science student and if you had math, biology, chemistry. go for it. good luck
23rd December 2010, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

what about fees for genetic engineering?
15th January 2011, 06:10 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hiii

Genetic Engineering after 12th
here is a list of colleges offering genetic engineering in india
www.scholarshipsinindia.com/biotechnology.html
just select your college and then visit the official website for info like course details,fee structure,duration,etc

good luck
26th January 2011, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

DEAR SIR, IM NOW IN 12TH and i want 2 make my courer in genetic eng only, so i just want 2 know that which is the best collages MAHARASHTRA and what is the procedure for admission? WILL U PLEASE SEND UR REPLY IN MY E.MAIL ACCOUNT. [email protected]
17th April 2011, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

can i plz know which enterance exames must be given 4 genetics engineering after 12th?????????
22nd April 2011, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of std 12. I have given my boards n now preparing for MHT-CET but i do not want to go for medical. I have opted for pcb group n have not taken mathematics. Is it necessary to have maths or i can give a separate test for it after my CET? Please reply on my email id ([email protected]) as soon as possible as I very much want to make my career in genetics
12th May 2011, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

i have completed ma 12th and waiting for the results to come....i have taken biomaths....and wish to go for any course other than mbbs.....please ....can anyone help me to find a good course related to bio other than mbbs...it is very urgent cause ill be sent for 1 year entrance coaching, which am not intrested at all...please reply on my mail id ([email protected])....hopes ill not be disheartened
18th May 2011, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

im currently in 12th & want to opt genetic engineering as my career.what are the fee structure?hw many years does it take to become a genetic engineer?
25th May 2011, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

i want to do genetic engineering after 12 and i have given my exam of 12 so pls tell me about its scope fee structure and entrance exam ?
26th May 2011, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

hello! i am a student of grade 11 from sos hgs college bharatpur Nepal...i have just completed 11, then as i was much interested in genetic engineering i thought i must carry on for it..... but as my family always pressurise me to go for B.S.C nursing, i thought i could make them understand about the best scopes of it and its use for development of our village,as many people are occupied in agriculture here, so please tell me the best way to please my family members..........i will be waiting for your suggestions............thank you

([email protected])
17th July 2011, 10:38 AM
Unregistered

Cool Re: Genetic Engineering after 12th? Fee structure, scope, duration and procedure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANKITA JOSHI View Post
what is the procedure for doing
GENETIC ENGINEERING after +2 & what is its time period & fee structure per annum & its scope? Is this beneficial?
what should I do after doing +2 in medical ,any course having good scope other than genetic engineering?
Please provide me with related informations.
21st July 2011, 09:57 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Hello,

Eligibility for genetic engineering:

The basic eligibility criteria for a graduate degree (BE / B.Tech) is 10+2 or equivalent examination, with Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics as well as genetics as part of the biology.

If you fulfill the criteria, you are eligible.

Duration:

The duration of this course is 4 years.

Course details:

The study of this field includes all or few of these –

Enzyme Technology,
Immunology Laboratory,
Basic Molecular Techniques,
Bioprocess Engineering,
Genome Analysis Laboratory,
Stoichiometry and Engineering Thermodynamics.

Scope:

The demand for Genetic Engineers is growing in India as well as abroad.
Job opportunities are numerous and growing in number.
Most of them are mainly placed in medical and pharmaceutical industries, the agricultural sector, and the research and development departments. They can also take up teaching as an option. Certain NGO's like Greenpeace also hire Genetic Engineers to ascertain the outcome of GM products.

Fee structure:

The fees for genetic engineering varies from university to university.
Its course fee is like other B.tech courses...

Institutes:

The best institutes to pursue this course are:

S.R.M. University
S.R.M. Nagar Kattankulathur
Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu

Kakatiya University,
Warangal

Osmania University,
Hyderabad
1st August 2011, 08:45 AM
Unregistered

hey...i m a 2 student,,,waitin for the results..i want 2 study genetic engineering but i have one problem..i havent taken maths subject..but i hab done biology chemistry physics...so can i get admissn in gud university of india...??..plzzz do rpy fast..its a real confusion for me...i really wanted to study genetic engineering than mbbs...
3rd August 2011, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

i want to know about the scope of genetic engeneer and its job
29th August 2011, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

plz tell me about the fee structure for genetic eng btech
16th October 2011, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

did the study of genetics related with MBBS any wher?
28th November 2011, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

is there any university in the nepal which provides this education?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?