26th September 2013, 03:56 AM
AJAY GAVALI

Which field is good for me after doing BSc CS?

which field is good for me after doing bsc(cs)....mcs is better or mca is better...

26th September 2013, 09:30 AM
SRUTHY SUKESAN

Thumbs up Re: Which field is good for me after doing BSc CS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAY GAVALI View Post
which field is good for me after doing bsc(cs)....mcs is better or mca is better...
MCA is a better option for you... More placement opportunities are available if you are joining in a reputed college and also there are more opportunities in IT field... All the best..
26th September 2013, 09:49 AM
sreedhar.koduri

Default Re: Which field is good for me after doing BSc CS?

Quote:
Ans: For you MCA is better , Both these courses are post graduate options, going for any of these course will depend on career aspirations and the technical competence of prospective students. M.Sc. Computer Science M.Sc. Computer Science is a post graduation course that can be done after B.Sc. Computer science or Computer Technology. This is a two year programme. The course is mainly focused on software development and application. These can be applied to various fields of technology, business, education and science. Various universities and institutions in the country offer this branch of study. There are many career opportunities also after this course. A person who has pursued this post graduation can perform in different areas like teaching, software development, testing, networking, etc. MCA Master of Computer Applications is also a post graduation course of three year duration. This can be done after graduation in any stream of study related to computer field. MCA covers various topics related to programming and designing. The main aim of this course is on the development of applicable software and not only the designing of computer hardware and system software. There are numerous colleges in India that offers this particular branch of study. The admission to this course is based on the entrance exam carried out by the respective institutions or universities or the State. The career opportunities for these postgraduate candidates are very huge. One can perform in various roles like software developer, Software consultant, software engineer, systems analyst, etc. Key Difference between M.Sc. Computer Science and MCA Even though the two post graduation courses are at same level there are some differences between them. MCA is a 3 year programme where as M.Sc. computer science is a 2year programme. MCA covers the software and its application related field. M.Sc. computer science covers the both hardware and software field. A person with strong background in computational and scientific field is only able to opt for this course. Those who have pursued a graduation in computer science or computer technology alone can opt for M.Sc. computer Science, while MCA can be done by any science graduates. Which course is better? The career opportunities for both these graduates are many. But most MNCs prefer MCA graduates to M.Sc. graduates. This is because the MCA graduates are well aware of the software applications. But for developing new software, M.Sc. graduates are preferred. MCA’s are most suitable for the working purposes in various companies. While considering a bright career, MCA course will be better than M.Sc. computer science.
26th September 2013, 06:19 PM
sailaja.mettu

Thumbs up Re: Which field is good for me after doing BSc CS?

Quote:
mca is better because many IT companies are prefer the mca students when compared to msc students.if you are choose the mca ,you will learn much subject because it is a 3 years course ,in these 3 years you will get both theoritical and practical knowledge also
27th September 2013, 02:59 PM
Mattyjkk

Scope of doing MS after Bsc computer science in India?
Computer Science is a lucrative field across the globe. If you have completed BSc in Computer Science from India and willing to pursue MS let me tell you that it is going to be a good decision. Pursuing a MS degree from a indian university offers numerous job opportunities in top multinational companies such as Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Oracle and Apple.
"
28th September 2013, 10:15 PM
sreedhar.koduri

Mca is better , because now a days the computer application is in forward position in all software companies .and the trend has changed all are using more communicative applications like facebook , whatsapp, wechat,....etc so you have to be software skilled mind .and the IT companies are selecting more Mca students.
28th September 2013, 10:25 PM
sreedhar.koduri

Mca is better , because now a days the computer application is in forward position in all software companies .and the trend has changed all are using more communicative applications like facebook , whatsapp, wechat,....etc so you have to be software skilled mind .and the IT companies are selecting more Mca students.
28th September 2013, 10:31 PM
sreedhar.koduri

28th September 2013, 10:34 PM
sreedhar.koduri

Mca is better , because now a days the computer application is in forward position in all software companies .and the trend has changed all are using more communicative applications like facebook , whatsapp , wechat.....etc so you have to be software skilled mind .and the IT companies are selecting more Mca students.
23rd October 2013, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

AFTER BCA WHICH JOB WE GOT AND WHAT IS SALARY STARTING
23rd February 2014, 07:31 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

B.Sc in Computer Science is a 3 year Graduation course being offered by number of colleges in India.

You are eligible to join both the courses that you mentioned
M.Sc in Computer Science
Master of Computer Applications
after completion of B.Sc in Computer Science.

Both the courses are having its own career scope and job opportunities for the candidates. You can choose the one which you are interested and where your strengths are being fully utilized.

The admission for both the courses will be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam.

Each and every university will conduct its own Entrance Exam to give admission for these courses for the candidates.

If you want to get admission for MCA course NITs, then better you apply for NIMCET Exam.

MY suggestion will be to go for MCA course rather than opting for M.Sc course.

The reason being many of the IT companies will prefer candidates of B.Tech or MCA at the time of hiring process.

But there are very less companies which will recruit the candidates of M.Sc in Computer Science.

In addition, you will be given good salaries in MNCs after completion of MCA course than M.Sc, the reason being the knowledge that is being imparted in MCA course is higher than of M.Sc course.

Opt for NIMCET Exam and get admission in NITs.

Along with MCA course, start preparation for job opportunities and try to get the job in campus placements itself.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?