28th May 2013, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

Which field should I try after pursuing B.Tech in IT field?

i m pursuing btech in it field,,,i wanna knw about for in which field i wll try????????

16th July 2016, 12:52 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which field should I try after pursuing B.Tech in IT field?

IT stands for Information Technology and it is a revolutionary concept that brought about a huge change in the market of computers and internet. It has basically automated things to a large extent and helped make life easier for many people across the globe. Here are a few things that should increase your awareness about the type of jobs and profiles to expect after completing your B.Tech in IT:

1. Coder: These are the people who code into various languages and build the software for the clients. There are many projects that primarily work on C, C++, Java, C#, Python, Javascript, .NET, PHP etc. Thus, it is really important for a coder to know any one or two particular languages nicely so that he/she can contribute productively to the company.

2. Tester: These are the people who basically test the software that is being developed by the coders. They are testers who try to check every possible way by which the software can be broken when used by the end user. It is a very critical role and should be handles with care.

3. Business Analyst: They are the ones that speak to clients / POCs about the requirements and then communicate the same to the dev team. It looks like a really easy job but it is much more difficult said than done. BAs are critical resources and have a very important role to play in any organisation.

4. Team Leader: They are experienced people who have experience of more than 4-5 years. They manage teams and more operations and help the project manager drive projects successfully.

5. Project Manager: Handles all the clients and engagements for a particular and drives the delivery of service through his/her team. It is a high position and is a tedious one to handle.

Thus, once you are done with your B.Tech you are very likely to join as a coder / tester in any of the projects of the IT Companies and shall begin your career. If you spend some years in them, you would be eligible for promotions and then you can carry your career forward.

Of course IT Industry has a lot more profiles to look at but the above ones are primarily the common ones. You may get to know more once you join a firm after your graduation and then see the structure of how the hierarchy works in a corporate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?