30th December 2011, 08:07 PM
rathinavelu13992

Full information about IES exam including syllabus? How to prepare for IES? I am a 3rd year civil student

I am rathinavelu studying 3rd year civil and i want to write ies. i want full details about ies exam including syllabus and how to prepare for ies.

12th January 2012, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Full information about IES exam including syllabus? How to prepare for IES? I am a 3rd year civil student

i am just pass out 5th semester exam in feb 2012
am i eligible for IES 2012 exam
4th April 2012, 09:36 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Full information about IES exam including syllabus? How to prepare for IES? I am a 3rd year civil student

please upload full details of ies for civil branch my mail id is:[email protected]
8th April 2012, 04:20 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
please upload full details of ies for civil branch my mail id is:[email protected]
IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission for recruitment of Various post in the Central Government . This examination is conducted Once in a year .

IES Exam dates :-
  • Date of Notification :- 10.03.12
  • Last date for receipt of application :- 09.04.12
  • Date of examination :- 15.06.12
  • Duration of the examination :- 3 days .

Minimum Qualification :-

To crack the IES examination , the applicant should have passed engineering degree with pass marks from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and those who are pursing in the final year of degree course may also eligible to apply for IES examination but there is no chances for pre-final(3rd) year candidates .

To crack the IES examination , the applicant age should be between 21 years and 30 years as on 1st august of the year of examination and relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC categories . SC/ST for 5 years , OBC for 3 years .

How to apply :-

The applicant may apply Online Using the website :- Click here !!!

The applicant can pay the fees by Using Debit / Credit Card , Net Banking and Direct payment through Various SBI branches .

I am uploaded the syllabus of Civil Engineering and i hope it is very useful .

Previous papers :- Click here !!!

Exam pattern :-

More details , Visit the official website :- Click Here !!!
8th April 2012, 05:28 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

HI Dear

IES exam- Indian Engineering Service

This exam is only for after complete your degree graduation then you are eligible for
this exam.

Only 4 branches students are eligible for this exam.

*Electrical Engineering

*Mechanical Engineering

*Civil Engineering

*Electronics Engineering

This branches have available this exam.

Syllabus for IES exam of individual Branch:-

For details any query see:-

www.upsc.gov.in

Good Luck...............
8th April 2012, 05:51 PM
nagendra vijayasree
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Full information about IES exam including syllabus? How to prepare for IES? I am a 3rd year civil student

Quote:
Originally Posted by rathinavelu13992 View Post
I am rathinavelu studying 3rd year civil and i want to write ies. i want full details about ies exam including syllabus and how to prepare for ies.

HI,
I.E.S stand for Indian Engineering Course.
I.E.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Qualification:- Pass engineering with following stream fron recginiced university:-

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

*The maximum number of attempts permitted for the general category is 4,for OBC its 7 and for SC/ST there is no limit..

For more detail and syllabus log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
8th April 2012, 07:55 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,
IES stands for Indian engineering service.
IES exam is conducted by the UPSC once in every year.

Eligibility criteria:

Candidate must be complete graduation from any recognised university

Candidate should be a citizen of india.

Age limit is 21 years to 30years and the age relaxation for the OBC candidates is 3years and 5years age relaxation for the SC/ST candidates.

Important dates:

Date of Notification :- 10.03.12 Last date for receipt of
application :- 09.04.12 Date of examination :-
15.06.12 Duration of the examination :-
3 days .

For further details visit

www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
8th April 2012, 08:27 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by rathinavelu13992 View Post
HI!
I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for I.E.S exam after passing Engineering in Civil Branch.

I.E.S is Indian Engineering Services.

I.E.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

All the student who pass the engineering in any one stream among the following are eligible:-

• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics Engineering

The age limit for I.E.S exam is 21-30 Year.

ENGINEERING SERVICES EXAMINATION, 2012
Date of notification:- 10.03.2012
Last date of submission of form:- 09.04.2012(MONDAY)
Last date of submission of form:- 15.06.2012(FRIDAY)

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK!
8th April 2012, 09:59 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IES- INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE conducted by UPSC for recruitment of Engineers in the top post in the Mechanical/Civil/Electrical/Electronics & Telecommunication department under Central Govt.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final B.Tech. Degree exam or pass from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years, is eligible to apply for IES.

The selection is through written exam followed by personal interview. The written exam is from the subjects from the branch Civil/Electrical/Mechanical/Electronics & Telecommunication.

The IES can be applied through on line.

The registration process for IES 2012 is going on now, the last date of application is 09.04.2012 followed by exam on 15.06.2012.

As a 3rd year student of B.Tech. you are not eligible to apply for IES. You can apply IES during your final year of B.Tech.

For syllabus and other information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
17th April 2012, 01:50 AM
Unregistered

Which post we can apply after qalify ies eaxam indianrailways.there is reservation in ies exam acordings to marks.what is label of ies exam.
1st June 2012, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

sir..i finished 6th semester this month..
aftter my BE degree (CIVIL ENGINEERING) i wish to apply for upsc exams...so,please guide me with proper procedure and syllabus to study..my mail id [email protected]
15th July 2012, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

Sir my branch is electrical and electronic enginearing(EEE).so i m eligible for ies or not
7th January 2013, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

I have done B.tech in Mechanical engineering (India) and now i am working as an engineer in japan for almost 5 years. My age:28 yrs.
Is there any possibility for appearing in test other than India
14th January 2013, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

is final year btech student is eligible for writing ies exam?
14th January 2013, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

is final year canditate eligible for writing ies examination
15th January 2013, 06:08 PM
nitishtrifid

Hello dear,

Eligibility Criteria for IES

Should be completed degree or diploma in engineering & technology for following branch
Mechanical
Civil Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
Age Limit

General 21 to 30 year
OBC 21 to 33 year
SC/ST 21 to 35 year

Nationality- must be Indian
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?