7th March 2013, 08:07 PM
bhavya2622

How to prepare for GATE along with IES? I am a B.Tech 3-2 student

hiii
iam a btech 3-2 student
wen shud i need to take coaching for IES???
i also want to prepare for GATE along wid IES...
i feel dat as syllabus is almost same for both exams if I take coaching for IES nw it will b useful for GATE also
am i correct wid this approach???

8th March 2013, 10:20 AM
bpraveen b

Default Re: How to prepare for GATE along with IES? I am a B.Tech 3-2 student

I will suggest you that prepare for GATE examination as it is much easier than IES examination.

By scoring good score in GATE you have the chances for M-TECH through NIT's,IIT's besides that other psu's, many govt. organisation considers GATE score for the qualification.

only you have to appear for a objective paper for 2 hours.

WHILE

In IES there is general ability section is also besides that technical paper which means that you need to study arts field's also.

if you are B.E/B.Tech in CIVIL/MECH/ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS & TELECOMMUNICATIONS then only you can apply for IES exam.

syllabus for both GATE & IES are almost same. but you have to work much hard for IES comparing to GATE.
suppose if you get good qualified score in GATE means you can also apply for PSUs like BHEL,NOGC,POWERGRID,BEL,BARC,etc., or you can do higher studies.

if you clear IES exam means then you will be a central govt. GRADE A officer.

If you want to do the master degree in IIT or NIT then and then you should prepare for the GATE exam but if you want the government job then you can go to the IES exam .
In both exam the syllabus is same so you prepare for the both exam also and you can apply for the both exam also , so first decide what you want to do the job or master degree then prepare for the exam

All the Best
8th March 2013, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

thnkq for ur kind reply...!!!
thnkx alotzzz....!!!
as am a 3-2 btech ECE student i dnt hv much time for coaching for both the exams
i feel that if i take coaching in IES during dis coming summer dat wil b useful for both..!!
will dat duration of coaching is enough???
am i correct in doing so...???
8th March 2013, 08:00 PM
bhavya2622

Thnku for ur kind reply...!!!
thnkx alotzzz.....!!!!
as am btech 3-2 ECE student i dnt hv much time for coaching for both the exams
i feel that if i take coaching in IES during dis coming summer it wil b useful for both the exams...!!!
wil dat duration of coaching is enough??
am i correct in doing sooo???
8th March 2013, 08:31 PM
bhavya2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpraveen b View Post
I will suggest you that prepare for GATE examination as it is much easier than IES examination.

By scoring good score in GATE you have the chances for M-TECH through NIT's,IIT's besides that other psu's, many govt. organisation considers GATE score for the qualification.

only you have to appear for a objective paper for 2 hours.

WHILE

In IES there is general ability section is also besides that technical paper which means that you need to study arts field's also.

if you are B.E/B.Tech in CIVIL/MECH/ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS & TELECOMMUNICATIONS then only you can apply for IES exam.

syllabus for both GATE & IES are almost same. but you have to work much hard for IES comparing to GATE.
suppose if you get good qualified score in GATE means you can also apply for PSUs like BHEL,NOGC,POWERGRID,BEL,BARC,etc., or you can do higher studies.

if you clear IES exam means then you will be a central govt. GRADE A officer.

If you want to do the master degree in IIT or NIT then and then you should prepare for the GATE exam but if you want the government job then you can go to the IES exam .
In both exam the syllabus is same so you prepare for the both exam also and you can apply for the both exam also , so first decide what you want to do the job or master degree then prepare for the exam

All the Best

Thnku for ur kind reply...!!!
thnkx alotzzz.....!!!!
as am btech 3-2 ECE student i dnt hv much time for coaching for both the exams
i feel that if i take coaching in IES during dis coming summer it wil b useful for both the exams...!!!
wil dat duration of coaching is enough??
am i correct in doing sooo???
17th July 2013, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

sir/ madam , i want to know that there is same syllabus for eletronics branch and telecommunication branch, there is no separate gate syllabus for telecommunication branch ?
8th August 2013, 09:55 AM
Unregistered

should i join some coaching for cracking ies exam?
12th September 2013, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

Hai friends,the syllabus of gate and IES are exactly same or not if i prepare for IES technicle syllabus is it fine for write the gate exam ?
please answer me
frnsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sss
5th October 2013, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

as I am btech 3 rd year student...I want to know which is best job....either through gate or ies....
5th July 2014, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

do we have to study the iit syllabus of BE to attend ies exam or Anna university syllabus is enough ?
13th March 2015, 10:44 PM
Unregistered

Sir , I am student of engineering 1st year & i want to prepare for ies exam please guide me how can i prepared for my future time & which coaching institute is best in india for ies coaching
18th January 2016, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

I am a btech 1-2 student.i want to know that syllabus for IES examination is constant or not after completion of my graduation?
10th March 2016, 07:27 PM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

-> GATE :- Graduation Aptitude Test in Engineering .
* This is conducted by IIT's and IIS'c every year for candidates who wish to pursue their master's degree and those who wants to get job in PSU's .
* Exam duration -3 hours .
* Competition will be more and questions based on basics of engineering core subjects of respective branches .

-> IES :- Indian Engineering Service .
-> It is one of the tuffest exam in India , Compared to gate .
-> This exam is conducted for 3 days continuously .
-> Declaration of results would take 3 months after exam written .
-> But one cracks IES exam could be able to enjoy his life upto accelerate levels .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?