8th February 2020, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

Are girls allowed to join IAF or Army or Navy after Engineering?

I am now studying in Xl class. I want to be a Computer Science Engineer. Most mention-able is that I am an girl. I want to join INDIAN AIR FORCE or NAVY or MILITARY after completing B.E in Computer Science Engineering. So my question is can a girl also join Armed Forces after completing Computer Science Engineering? And, if I got selected then will I be asked to work as an engineer or any different designation?

9th February 2020, 12:56 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are girls allowed to join IAF or Army or Navy after Engineering?

Yes, you can join Indian Air Force, Navy or Army after completing your graduation in Computer Science and Engineering. Also, note that since you are in 11th standard, so you must have opted for PCM stream to be eligible for pursuing Computer Science and Engineering in B.E./B.Tech

While studying in final year of graduation, you can apply for following defence exams like:
  • CDS Exam (for joining Air Force, Army, Navy)
  • AFCAT Exam (for joining Air Force)

Other than exams, you can also join defence forces through:
  • Technical entry
  • NCC

In all these entries, female candidates will have to qualify their SSB Interview that is the crucial stage for joining any Defence force.

Through CDS, you can join OTA (i.e. Officer's Training Academy) in which you can utilize Computer Science and Engineering skills. However, it solely depends on the senior officers that are responsible for assigning you the task that should be relevant to your skills.
9th February 2020, 06:38 PM
Vismithagowda

Girls having graduation degree only have one option to join Indian Army.
CDSE stands for Combined Defence Service Examination,is a entry for all three wings,as it allows to apply for IMA(Indian Military Academy),OTA(Officers Training Academy),AFA(Air Force Academy),NA(Naval Academy).
9th February 2020, 09:36 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Women officers are inducted in the Indian army in the Short Service Commission scheme.
Under this scheme, the female candidates Aspiring to be part of Indian Army must appear for Combined Defence Services examination.
The CDS exam is conducted twice a year, in the month of July and November by UPSC.

For more information you can visit this website:
https://www.upsc.gov.in
9th February 2020, 10:50 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

SSCW(Tech):

- This is a technical entry for the women engineering graduates.
Women with an engineering degree can join the army as Short Service commissioned officers.

Any unmarried engineering graduate aged between 20 to 27 years is eligible to apply.

There is no need to attend an CEE for this entry and minimum cutoff varies as per latest notifications.

Candidates are shortlisted for SSB to be held in June and November every year.

20 women are selected every 6 months for the beginning of training based on the merit list.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?