21st May 2020, 02:21 AM
Unregistered

Which group to take after 10th to become an Astrophysicist?

I want to become an Astrophysicist. I am in a doubt about which group to take (PCM with computer or PCMB). I thought of taking PCMB just to appear for KVPY. But I don’t like Biology too much. So, which group would be best for me?

23rd May 2020, 06:32 PM
Padmashree K S

Default Re: Which group to take after 10th to become an Astrophysicist?

You can opt for PCM and also Computer science if available. Because Physics, Mathematics are necessary for becoming Astrophysicist and Computer Science knowledge will be good as you need to know the basics of programming which would be helpful further as Space engineering you would do with the help of computers.
23rd May 2020, 08:34 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

It would be better to opt for PCM with Computers in your Intermediate to become Astrophysicist.

There is not much use by selecting PCMB which consists of Biology subject.

PCMB is a good choice for those candidates who want to make entry into life sciences or Medical Sciences.

I would suggest you to get good knowledge in Physics subject in your Intermediate which will be helpful to understand subject in next academic level.

Try to put your knowledge in practical approach or research side that is very much required for an Astrophysicist.
23rd May 2020, 11:07 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. If you want to become Astrophysicist in future then you need to pursue undergraduate and post graduate course in Astrophysics.

2. You need to opt for Science stream after 10th and selection Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects.

3. PCM subject group is necessary for this course.

There is no need to select Biology subject in 12th if you are not interested in this subject.
24th May 2020, 04:41 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

••• You should choose Science ( Non medical stream) in 11th standard to study astrophysics in future. You should choose the group having physics, chemistry and mathematics subjects in 11th standard to pursue your career in the Astrophysics field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?