29th May 2015, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

How can I become an Astrophysicist in ISRO?

I have passed my +2 with 98%in PCM. So how can i become an astrophysicist in isro without writing iit exams?

29th May 2015, 08:37 PM
savneybillford

Default Re: How can I become an Astrophysicist in ISRO?

That is a very good score for +2. However 12th isn't the qualification required to join as an Astrophysicist at ISRO.
You need to join BSc in physics. And next do your Masters in Physics from a reputed college. Then you can apply for the post of astrophysicist in ISRO.
29th May 2015, 10:42 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) is one of the most eminent space organisation of the world and to be a part of it is of utmost honor. Now let us brief you with the ways you can get into this organisation.

After intermediate, there is an Exam that is conducted by ISRO. You can prepare for that if you are interested for ISRO. Its really difficult to crack that(difficult than JEE) as the competition is cut throat but if you have the passion then you wont be stopped by anything.

If that chance is missed then, you can pursue engineering or B.SC and after that also there are various entries that ISRO offers on regular basis. Like for example, recently there were posts of Group-B scientists for which b.tech graduates could apply. So, you can plan for that also.

Also, apart from ISRO, there are also research organisations like DRDO which also take engineering graduates after their b.tech. Though, it mainly deals as a R&D department of army but for a research person it can prove be a good opportunity.
25th June 2015, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

Is there any kind of examination for entry in ISRO ??? How to get study about this and which college in India can have the best teaching for ISRO entry ????
5th March 2017, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

Is there any direct examination conducted by ISRO for students who have just passed there 12th boards , scoring more than 90 percentage in PCM , for a job there ?
3rd May 2017, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

I'm serving in Indian air force right now. I am 23 and pursuing bsc physics from IGNOU. How can I join ISRO as an astrophysicist??
6th June 2017, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

I'm presently in 11. I want to join ISRO, which exams do I have to crack? I'm also preparing for JEE. Want to become an astrophysicist so please help.
15th August 2017, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

I'm presently in 11th standard. Presently I am studying science with PCM. I want to join ISRO, or any other space organization like NASA and another which exams do I have to crack? I'm also preparing for JEE and GUJCET. I want to become an astrophysicist so please help me.
5th December 2017, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

I am studying in 9th my percentage is "51%" i knew's that is very low but Einstein,newton and many other not toppers. Einstein quotes 'i have no special talents but i am only passionatly curious" somethink else with me. I knows every thing about astrophycisis. I reads brief history of time,kimyagar,akashashi jadlele nate,and i want to be an astrophycisist, i am very serious about it?

What do you recommend me?
16th January 2018, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

I am in FYBSC right now so when should I take entrance test for ISRO/JEST? Can I take it after completing Bsc or FYBSC?
5th March 2018, 09:41 PM
kpvishal

Default Re: can I go for M.Sc in astrophysics after completing 3 year B.Sc course in 4 years

Sir I have completed B.Sc.with 68% but I cleared final year in second attempt.
Now can I go fore entrance exam like jam to get admission in IIT or IISC for M.Sc physics/astrophysics and after that can I do P.hd in same in order to join ISRO
as a physicist or an astrophysicist
Thank you
5th March 2018, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

I have completed B.Sc.in PCM with 68% but I have cleared final year in second attempt.Now can I go for entrance exam like jam to get admission in IIT or IISC for M.Sc.in physics or astrophysics and then can I do P.hd for same in order to join ISRO
pleas answer thankyou
5th March 2018, 09:55 PM
kpvishal

Default Re: can I go for M.Sc in astrophysics after completing 3 year B.Sc course in 4 years

Now can I go fore entrance exam like jam to get admission in IIT or IISC for M.Sc physics/astrophysics and after that can I do P.hd in same in order to join ISRO
Thank you
5th March 2018, 10:58 PM
kpvishal

Thank you
6th March 2018, 07:34 AM
kpvishal

Thank you
19th June 2018, 09:49 AM
Unregistered

Smile Re: How can I become an Astrophysicist in ISRO?

Marks of 9th, 10th doen't matters, if you have good mentality and temperament then you can become an astrophysicist at isro by qualifying its entrance exams
8th August 2019, 10:19 AM
Unregistered

I have 67 % marks in bsc physics honors from university of calcutta, recently going fr msc, i want to join isro. What should i do?
29th December 2020, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

I am a 10th grade student. My dream is to become an astrophysics scientist in ISRO. What should I study after 12th for achieving that? Which college? Which entrance exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?