29th June 2020, 06:52 PM
Daksanna

How about changing branch from B.Sc IT to M.Sc Physics?

Hello Sir, I am pursuing B.Sc in Information Technology and wants to switch my branch for M.Sc. I would like to pursue my M.Sc in Physics. Am I eligible? Which all colleges would be best for Master's in Physics? What other subject specialization options are available for me?

30th June 2020, 09:55 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How about changing branch from B.Sc IT to M.Sc Physics?

Having completed B.Sc in IT, I don't think it is a good choice of opting for M.Sc in Physics. In addition, you are not eligible to get admission in some colleges.

In order to join M.Sc Physics, the eligibility criteria for most of the colleges is by completion of B.Sc course with Physics as the compulsory subject. However very few colleges will accept B.Sc IT candidates.

Even after joining also, you will find it difficult to understand the subject and you need to put more efforts to complete the course and to get good job.

I suggest you to opt for MCA course with the duration of 3 years. Later on, you can try for job opportunities in software companies.

If you are not interested to join MCA also, you can opt for MBA course with the duration of 2 years with any of the below specializations
MBA in Systems Management
MBA in Information Technology.
30th June 2020, 05:47 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How about changing branch from B.Sc IT to M.Sc Physics?

To pursue M.Sc. in Physics, you should have completed B.Sc. in Physics with at least 50% marks.

Since, you have completed B.Sc. in IT course, so you cannot apply for pursuing M.Sc. Physics course.

After completing B.Sc. IT course, you have following options available in IT.
  • MCA (Master in Computer Application)
  • M.Sc. (IT)

Some of the popular MCA institutes in Maharashtra include:
  • College of Computer Sciences, Pune
  • Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship Development, Pune
  • Shri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering and Management, Nagpur
  • Vivekanand Education Society Institute of Technology, Mumbai
  • B.Y.K. Sinnar College of Commerce, Nashik
  • Dr Baliram Hiray College of Architecture, Mumbai
  • Jayawantrao Sawant College of Engineering, Pune
  • SPN Doshi Women's College, Mumbai
  • MIT World Peace University, Pune
  • Ballarpur Institute of Technology, Chandrapur
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?