21st April 2018, 09:36 AM
Unregistered

How to become a CID Officer after completing BA?

Hi friends, I am studying BA course. But my aim is to join CID. I want to become a CID Officer.Please guide me. I want to know how I can become a CID Officer? Waiting for your response.

30th April 2018, 09:28 AM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to become a CID Officer after completing BA?

CID stands for Criminal Investigation Department. This exam is conducted by UPSC every year.

For joining CID you have to apply for Civil Services Examination and also have to crack it with good score.

Eligibility criteria:

1. A candidate should have completed their graduation in any stream with at least 55% from a recognized university.

2. Age limit should not exist 25 years for general category.

3. Relaxation is available for reserved category.

For information, you can visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th April 2018, 10:40 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join CID ( Crime Investigation Department ) after bachelor degree.

You can join by two ways :

1> Through promotion from the state police. So, you have to first join the state police job by qualifying in entrance examination.

2> After qualifying for Civil Service Examination.

So, you have to do better preparation to qualify for all the stages of examination.
30th April 2018, 02:05 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

CID stands for Criminal Investigation Department. Indian Police Services officers after certain years of experience are selected are for this department. The name of entrance exam for this service is Civil Services examination.

Eligibility criteria:

>>Candidate must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can apply for the exam.

>>Age limit is 21-32 years.

>>You need to wait for next year notification of this examination.
30th April 2018, 02:15 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

As you have completed your graduation then you are eligible to apply for CID officers post. The examination to become a CID officer is conducted by SSC and the application related notifications are also released on the official website of SSC.

The minimum age to apply for this is 21 years.
30th April 2018, 02:58 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

CID stands for Crime Investigation Department.

The minimum qualification required for a candidate to join as an assistant Inspector assistant at the CID is a class 12th pass.
If one spouse to join as a Sub Inspector, he should have graduated.
Graduation is also the requirement of the position of the agent and the criminology course is an additional benefit for Publication.
So you are eligible to become CID officer if you have completed your graduation.

The selection process is based on the written test and personal interview and some posts required to qualify the physical effective tests.
30th April 2018, 03:23 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

There are two ways to become CID officer, the first way is to get into police department and through promotions you can join in CID or you can attend the civil service exam and based on your performance you’ll appointed in CID department.

The eligibility requirements are given below:

- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- The educational qualification required is a graduation/ bachelors level degree in any stream from any recognised university.
- The age should be between 20 - 27 years.
- There is age relaxation for reserved candidates based on the government rules.

If you meet the eligibility requirements then you can apply for the civil service exam conducted by UPSC.

Firstly you need to visit the official website of UPSC and fill the application form with all required details and submit.
You need to download the admit card and you need to attend the exam and qualify in merit. Based on your performance you’ll appointed in CID department.

For notifications, application forms and other details visit the official website of UPSC.
30th April 2018, 03:33 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym CID stands for Criminal Investigation Department.

You can apply for Civil Services examination to join Indian Police Services then join Criminal Investigation Department.

Requirements for this exam:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree in any stream.

Age criteria: 21-32 years.

Different stages of this exam:

Preliminary examination.

Mains exam.

Personal interview.
15th April 2020, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

To become CID what we are want to study??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?